Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

2 Super Bowl Rings in 17 years

I'd say 2 Lombari's in 17 years is pretty damn good.

That is 8.5 years a Ring.

There is voting going on about getting a ring ever 12 years, I'd say I'd take that as long as we are staying competitive and knocking the NFL's beloved teams out of the race ever once in a while.
    Winning Super Bowls is the ultimate, but I tell ya I sure do like knocking Brady and Manning, and NFL's fantasy teams out of the playoffs.

Let's win one more first before we go to that 12 year strategy
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 02-21-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: 2 Super Bowl Rings in 17 years

Consider the plight of Lions fans...0 Super Bowl appearances, and they've been around since 1930. That is 83 years without ever even PLAYING a Championship game.

The Charges have been around since 1960 and never won a Super Bowl.
    The Saints went from 1969 to 2009 without winning or appearing in a Super Bowl.
    After winning Super Bowl 3, the Jets have never even appeared in a Super Bowl.
    The Eagles played in Super Bowls in 1980 and 2004...Still never won a single trophy.
    The Bengals also...formed in 1969, played in two Super Bowls and still without a single trophy. And they've been 25 years removed from their last Super Bowl appearance.

Enjoy what we've got now. Because even the best franchises can go through rough spells, and it can happen in an instant, out of your control.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Consider the plight of Lions fans...0 Super Bowl appearances, and they've been around since 1930. That is 83 years without ever even PLAYING a Championship game.

The Charges have been around since 1960 and never won a Super Bowl.
    The Saints went from 1969 to 2009 without winning or appearing in a Super Bowl.
    After winning Super Bowl 3, the Jets have never even appeared in a Super Bowl.
    The Eagles played in Super Bowls in 1980 and 2004...Still never won a single trophy.
    The Bengals also...formed in 1969, played in two Super Bowls and still without a single trophy. And they've been 25 years removed from their last Super Bowl appearance.

Enjoy what we've got now. Because even the best franchises can go through rough spells, and it can happen in an instant, out of your control.
    I totally agree with what you said, but to be fair, there were NFL and AFL championship games before there was the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Not saying we will win all the time, I know there will be some down years. Put into perspective Baltimore is a winning city. If you look at the track record and dating back to AFL days and the merger we were winning back then as well.
    Hopefully we can keep it that way and based off of the fan base being so passionate the Players that come here seem to re-energize their careers and men just play with fire for this city, I don't think that is something that will go away it is passed down and it is just the way of Charm City, so hopefully with that we can stay competitive most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I totally agree with what you said, but to be fair, there were NFL and AFL championship games before there was the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yes, and the Lions did win three of those in the 1950s. There is some success in that franchise's history, even if it was a while ago.

Blog Entries

It's gotta be tough to be a Lions fan, for whom the Wayne Fontes years are "The Golden Years."

Blog Entries

Still, 1957 was last time they won any championships. They played in a single Conference Championship game since then, in 1992.

56 years since a championship
    21 years since they even SNIFFED a Championship game...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Well if we are going to count them, then Baltimore has 6 Championships. Just saying.

58, 59, 68, 70, 2000, 2012

I'd like at least 4 rings in 25 years. Reasonable, I think...with good health and FO/HC continuity.

Blog Entries

No way. Joe Flacco is winning 5 superbowls for Baltimore. Bank it. He's going to make up for Baltimore only winning 1 Super Bowl while having one of the greatest defenses in NFL history for an entire decade.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    No way. Joe Flacco is winning 5 superbowls for Baltimore. Bank it. He's going to make up for Baltimore only winning 1 Super Bowl while having one of the greatest defenses in NFL history for an entire decade.
    While I, in no way, believe this will happen, I will say it sounds like music to my ears.

Blog Entries

Is it too early to start yelling, "Repeat!"