Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

As an OSU fan, I was very interested how Reid fragel would do in the OL drills. I saw he ran a 5.14 and put up 33 reps on bench. Measured in at 6'7 308. didn't see any of the drills however.

For those who don't know much about him, fragel is a converted TE who played RT for OSU his sr yr. he is a very interesting prospect. Interested to see how analysts view him.

Who has the measurements for the defensive linemen and linebackers?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Maybe Escobar will drop to us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Just say no to Fluker.
    he looked pretty bad in all the drills. he doesn't even fill a spot in need. we are good at G and RT if Oher stays over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who has the measurements for the defensive linemen and linebackers?
    walterfootball.com has them up. Arthur Brown beefed up to 6-0 241, Kevin Minter was smaller than believed at 6-0 246, and Manti was only 6-1 241. Alonso (6-3 238) and Zaviar Gooden (6-1 234) seemed to be the only inside linebackers who were not above 240 lbs. Brandon Williams was at 6-1 335 with 32.5 inch arms. Some pretty good weigh-ins by these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    walterfootball.com has them up. Arthur Brown beefed up to 6-0 241, Kevin Minter was smaller than believed at 6-0 246, and Manti was only 6-1 241. Alonso (6-3 238) and Zaviar Gooden (6-1 234) seemed to be the only inside linebackers who were not above 240 lbs. Brandon Williams was at 6-1 335 with 32.5 inch arms. Some pretty good weigh-ins by these guys.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

7. Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Does Escobar have any chance to be there when we pick in the 2nd?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Maybe Escobar will drop to us

He looks a little stiff to me. The two TE's that start with "E" are the best, Furstenburg looks like a later round steal IMO, good pass catcher and quick. He can replace Dickson easily.

Blog Entries
    The teo circus starts

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Does Escobar have any chance to be there when we pick in the 2nd?
    I would say it's possible. Eifert and Ertz will probably go ahead of him, and there's a good chance neither of them are 1st rounders. I could also see a team falling in love with Jordan Reed's athleticism. That could potentially push Escobar down to our pick. I wouldn't necessarily count on it, but if he's there I'd rush to the podium to get him.

People think that TE isn't a need... but we have 0 TEs under contract for 2014. Dickson is sure to be gone and there's a chance that the team might not want to re-sign Pitta if he's asking for too much, plus he'll be 29 by the start of the 2014 season. TE is definitely a long-term need.

In the short-term we could use a better blocker, which Escobar isn't really at this point but he has the skillset to improve fairly quickly IMO. It's also never a bad idea to add another weapon in the intermediate passing game particularly if Boldin or Jacoby aren't around next year.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Alonso (6-3 238) and Zaviar Gooden (6-1 234) seemed to be the only inside linebackers who were not above 240 lbs.
    Would love these guys in the right rounds, but I have to think that Zaviar Gooden will end up on the outside in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Impressive measurements for Alonso.