Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

John Harbaugh and Jim Harbaugh are, once again, sitting beside one another at the Combine. It's nice to see them move forward after the Super Bowl. I couldn't imagine how difficult that would have been for both of them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Mike Mayock spoke about Lane Johnson earlier in the week and felt that he could show some athleticism at the Combine that would help him continue to rise up draft boards.

Perhaps, his combine performance could help in the athleticism debate, as it pertains to Lane Johnson.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Armstead looks freakish already. As for our pick, I just hope we make a first round selection this year. Mayock has said the bottom first round prospects might be better in terms of value than the top half. We could get a potential rookie starter at 32.

Blog Entries

Yeah, being 305lbs and running an unofficial 4.65 is pretty freakish

Andy Moeller running o-linemen drills. That should help us greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Teron Armstead continues to impress with a 4.65 40 yd (That's just stupid) and the best 10 yd. splite at 1.64, has really good feet.
    He has made a ton of money over this postseason. He apparently was a big standout during the Shrine practices, and held his own after being a very, very late addition to the senior bowl.

I just turned on the coverage...and Fluker may be a mauler, but man, he looked really bad in his drills.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Armstead looks freakish already. As for our pick, I just hope we make a first round selection this year. Mayock has said the bottom first round prospects might be better in terms of value than the top half. We could get a potential rookie starter at 32.
    Unless we take a QB, RB, CB or OLB, I think we could pick any other position and they would be in position to start this year if they apply themselves...probably the same for our 62nd pick.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I think a rookie OLB could even start some games for us, since it's inevitable we are losing Kruger. And I doubt we take a QB or RB, but that's just me.

Blog Entries

Just say no to Fluker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He has made a ton of money over this postseason. He apparently was a big standout during the Shrine practices, and held his own after being a very, very late addition to the senior bowl.

I just turned on the coverage...and Fluker may be a mauler, but man, he looked really bad in his drills.
    To me, he screams zone blocking G. If you pull him in front of a Jamaal Charles, you have some potential.

D.J. Fluker may be able to hold off some speed rushers with his length, but I think he might struggle against stronger rushers like a Terrell Suggs.

They say Fluker is a strict RT prospect. I think we can do a little better than that at 32, provided we stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Andy Moeller running o-linemen drills. That should help us greatly.
    Is that really a good thing LOL