Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @NFLosophy: RT @dpbrugler:Te'o is getting dinged bc he was unfairly hyped as elite. He's not a bad NFL prospect, just very avg in several areas >>This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The way he's been hyped, you would have thought the issue was the hoax, versus the best LB in the draft. That is far from the case.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe that's why Jones dominated?

Washington faced a lot of doubles.
    Can't say for sure that's what happened as I didn't pay much attention to Washington when I watched UGA games, but I seriously doubt that they would double Washington to leave Jones one on one. UGA had plenty of other guys to throw at OL's as well.

Washington had half a sack all season long. He had a better year in 2011 with 5 sacks...1 sack in 2010, and 4 in 2009. 10.5 sacks in 4 years isn't what you'd expect from a guy with those computer numbers.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That is certainly possible...I think people can look for anything they want to support any of the top 3 as their top guy....IMHO, they are all close.

Yeah...I haven't watched much of him, but his stats are pretty lame for a guy with his skillset...just looking at the physical differences between he and Jones and you'd think Washington should have been the guy dominating.
    He seemed to have a JJ/Bart Scott role in Georgia's defense, doing all the dirty work and letting other guys shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @NFLosophy: RT @dpbrugler:Te'o is getting dinged bc he was unfairly hyped as elite. He's not a bad NFL prospect, just very avg in several areas >>This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is a very good point. I said a while back that Te'o wasn't really "dropping," his stock was just stabilizing to the point that it should have been all along. His tape is that of a late 1st or early 2nd rounder, and even if he's the best ILB in the class neither he nor anyone else is even close to being a Kuechly/Cushing/Willis type of prospect.

Guys like Mel Kiper (who said the Chiefs should take Te'o #1 overall) and Mike Mayock (who never met a Notre Dame player he wouldn't slobber over) ought to be ashamed of themselves for letting their bias overcome them.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This is a very good point. I said a while back that Te'o wasn't really "dropping," his stock was just stabilizing to the point that it should have been all along. His tape is that of a late 1st or early 2nd rounder, and even if he's the best ILB in the class neither he nor anyone else is even close to being a Kuechly/Cushing/Willis type of prospect.

Guys like Mel Kiper (who said the Chiefs should take Te'o #1 overall) and Mike Mayock (who never met a Notre Dame player he wouldn't slobber over) ought to be ashamed of themselves for letting their bias overcome them.
    I would take Te'o's brain as a MLB over most of them. In zone coverage he is almost always in the right spot. IN run D he reads the play well shoots the right gap and doesn't over commit.

But if he gets singled up in man coverage... well... we might have just asked Ray Lewis to stay on for another year.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

Yep I always felt he was overhyped. Not sure why he's been so hyped up. I guess because he plays at Notre Dame and they were good last season.

Blog Entries

He was hyped up because of the adversity he falsely came through. He had a pretty good year until the Alabama game, and that was while everyone was thinking that he had to put up with the loss of his GF at the time. The media fell in love with this, and looked at his on field emotion and hard hitting style and tried to make him out to be the next Ray Lewis.

Looks like a 3rd rounder to me.

My guy of the linebackers this year is Sio Moore. I love this guy and the combine only added to it. He ran in the 4.6 range, had a huge broad jump and 38 inch vert. He showed commitment this offseason by bulking up to 245 and benching 29 reps. He also looks very fluid. I feel like he is vastly underrated. He was not just a player who performed well in the Shrine and Senior Bowl and Combine. He put up gaudy numbers with 15 tfls and 7 sacks this past season and is the athletic linebacker we need. 2nd round pick I think right now and he will be a steal.

Blog Entries

Tyrann Mathieu benched 225 lbs only 4 times. Looking past all his off field issues, and purely as a football player, I have serious concerns about his size and strength holding up in the NFL. There is no way he'll be playing safety with that lack of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He was hyped up because of the adversity he falsely came through. He had a pretty good year until the Alabama game, and that was while everyone was thinking that he had to put up with the loss of his GF at the time. The media fell in love with this, and looked at his on field emotion and hard hitting style and tried to make him out to be the next Ray Lewis.

Looks like a 3rd rounder to me.
    Do you guys get a lot of Notre Dame games across the pond?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

I could get 225 up four times with a couple of months to prepare.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

It seems like Minter and Teo is the same guy. Both have good instincts but not fast. We look at Willis and expect every linebacker to be that fast. Regardless, Bowman is better in coverage than the faster Willis. Also, no LB is covering these hybrid TEs in the NFL. You seem to need a fast safety for those guys. Ogletree has the most tools because he's a former safety playing LB.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

225 lbs is nothing, idk why so many of these athletes struggle at it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    It seems like Minter and Teo is the same guy. Both have good instincts but not fast. We look at Willis and expect every linebacker to be that fast. Regardless, Bowman is better in coverage than the faster Willis. Also, no LB is covering these hybrid TEs in the NFL. You seem to need a fast safety for those guys. Ogletree has the most tools because he's a former safety playing LB.
    I think Minter and Te'o are different, just because they run similar 40 times, doesn't mean they're the same guy. Minter is better in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    225 lbs is nothing, idk why so many of these athletes struggle at it.
    Because it's about 50 lbs more than he ways...