Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    And? . . .

The point is that you would be losing three fairly valuable picks that you could use to move around to get more than one guy in the 2th-4th rounds. I don't think mortgaging the non-comp picks to get one guy is worth the resulting inflexibility.
    So, is extra flexibility worth it when you aren't likely going to even have close to 11 rookies make this team?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Armstead 4.71 official
    Johnson 4.72 official

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, is extra flexibility worth it when you aren't likely going to even have close to 11 rookies make this team?
    Who said anything about ending up with 11 guys? Trading a 5th to move up in the 2nd, or trading a 6th to move up in the 4th to be sure you get your guy - instead of having to let a guy fall to your compensatory pick? Yeah, I like that flexibility. That's how Bernard Pierce ends up in a Ravens' jersey. And it doesn't mean you end up with 11 guys, either. But you don't end up with just one by mortgaging your draft for a first round OT.

Blog Entries

It won't take five picks to move up to the teens and get your LT if he slips. You'll be fine and Joe will be well protected, IF you feel that guy is there.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

About Corey Fuller (the interviewed WR from VaTech), here's some film on Kevin Reddick (UNC ILB) vs. VaTech offense.
    I've watched this tape 2-3 times when evaluating Reddick, but haven't watched for Fuller. He's #83 and he went 5/143/1 in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA6WRgstdW8

He also had good games vs. GaT, Clemson and FSU.
    Search for <Werner, Jackson, etc.> vs. Va. Tech for more Fuller.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 02-23-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Escobar just ran a 4.88, which is a TERRIBLE time for his athleticism, but the explanation is very simple: his form was miserable. Got off the line really slowly, bad jump out of his stance, and did not get up to top speed until late.

He's much faster than a 4.8 guy on tape. I believe Pitta ran in the 4.5 or low 4.6's, and Escobar is much faster in a straight line than Dennis.

Blog Entries

As an OSU fan, I was very interested how Reid fragel would do in the OL drills. I saw he ran a 5.14 and put up 33 reps on bench. Measured in at 6'7 308. didn't see any of the drills however.

For those who don't know much about him, fragel is a converted TE who played RT for OSU his sr yr. he is a very interesting prospect. Interested to see how analysts view him.

Who has the measurements for the defensive linemen and linebackers?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Maybe Escobar will drop to us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Just say no to Fluker.
    he looked pretty bad in all the drills. he doesn't even fill a spot in need. we are good at G and RT if Oher stays over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who has the measurements for the defensive linemen and linebackers?
    walterfootball.com has them up. Arthur Brown beefed up to 6-0 241, Kevin Minter was smaller than believed at 6-0 246, and Manti was only 6-1 241. Alonso (6-3 238) and Zaviar Gooden (6-1 234) seemed to be the only inside linebackers who were not above 240 lbs. Brandon Williams was at 6-1 335 with 32.5 inch arms. Some pretty good weigh-ins by these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    walterfootball.com has them up. Arthur Brown beefed up to 6-0 241, Kevin Minter was smaller than believed at 6-0 246, and Manti was only 6-1 241. Alonso (6-3 238) and Zaviar Gooden (6-1 234) seemed to be the only inside linebackers who were not above 240 lbs. Brandon Williams was at 6-1 335 with 32.5 inch arms. Some pretty good weigh-ins by these guys.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Does Escobar have any chance to be there when we pick in the 2nd?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Maybe Escobar will drop to us

He looks a little stiff to me. The two TE's that start with "E" are the best, Furstenburg looks like a later round steal IMO, good pass catcher and quick. He can replace Dickson easily.

Blog Entries
    The teo circus starts