Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Compensatory draft picks

If they are due 5, with a limit of 4, would that really push one up and which one would it be? The fourth or the seventh?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If they are due 5, with a limit of 4, would that really push one up and which one would it be? The fourth or the seventh?
    Depends on the player lost, in this case it's Nakamura. So he likely pushes the 7th rounder to a 6th.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Awesome, gotta be excited to see who Ozzie is checking out to be the next crop of Ravens to help this team. I'm pumped. Give Ozzie 11 picks and watch him do his magic.
    Hoping aleast 3 or 4 rookies can play strong next season.

In Ozzie We Trust
    im seeing possibly 4 rookies MAX...OT, NT, LB, FS

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    No. Losing "excess" FAs does not in any way impact those Comp picks that you receive. You receive the highest (non-cancelled) Comp picks that you are entitled to. In this case, the 5th or lowest Comp pick just doesn't matter.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    No. Losing "excess" FAs does not in any way impact those Comp picks that you receive. You receive the highest (non-cancelled) Comp picks that you are entitled to. In this case, the 5th or lowest Comp pick just doesn't matter.
    So, if the fourth comp pick is a seventh round pick, the one lost was a lower seventh round pick?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    So we currently sit at 1-7 with a projected comp in 4-7, for a grand total of 11 picks? I've been away for a while, so chime in if that is wrong.

11 picks should equal some moving around to grab some studs. Who really knows with Ozzie though.
    I think we might see some movement as well trading up, but also keep in mind that comp picks cannot be traded (at least I believe they cant). Still that means you might be able to bundle up your orignal picks to move up if you needed to in the late rounds know you still have a comp pick in that round.

Blog Entries

I also wouldn't be surprised if Oz does some trading although you can't trade comp picks. No way 11 rookies make the team so may as well go after some targeted guys. Should be a fun draft

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I also wouldn't be surprised if Oz does some trading although you can't trade comp picks. No way 11 rookies make the team so may as well go after some targeted guys. Should be a fun draft
    That's a good way of putting it so I can see the Ravens doing some wheeling and dealing to get the guys they want

Blog Entries

Has Ozzie ever had this many picks before, going into the draft?

I'd like to see a trade that nets us and extra 2 or 3 next year when we will also have picks and flexibility because we will lose several guys this year and are unlikely to sign anyone expensive

This is probably not going to be overwhelmingly popular here, because a lot of fans get "Meh" when the team doesn't have a 1st round pick...but in a draft where EVERYONE is saying that there is not a lot of elite talent, but great depth in rounds 2,3,4,5...I'd be on board with trading someone #32 for a mid-late 2nd + next years 1st.

Get ourselves into position to maneuver around up or down as we see fit going forward...like Belichick has done the last 5-6 years.

A question for those of you much more knowledgeable than me:

I KNOW we can't trade compensatory picks. Would our own #4 and #5 get us a mid-round 3rd round pick? I'm all for that.