Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: 2 Super Bowl Rings in 17 years

LOL - Well put. It is ironic but we had the hottest young QB in football who finally figured things out this year and will only
    get better.

Yup - offense wins championships but in the end it was the defense that saved them with the goal line stand with Ellerbe crashing thru and Jimmy making the biggest play of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Click on my profile, look at my started threads. Take a look at my "Bold Predictions thread." Then get back to me.
    So true. Your predictions have been right more often than not. God I hope Joe wins 5 rings.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I'll settle for Joe with 1-2 more rings, but most importantly we need to stay in the hunt.
    Ray said it best when Lebron went to the Heat and the Jets said they were the Miami Heat of football. Ray's response "if your the Miami Heat then we are the L.A Lakers because we want multiple Championships" Only issue is Ray is now retired, so the team needs to keep that attitude going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I'll settle for Joe with 1-2 more rings, but most importantly we need to stay in the hunt.
    Ray said it best when Lebron went to the Heat and the Jets said they were the Miami Heat of football. Ray's response "if your the Miami Heat then we are the L.A Lakers because we want multiple Championships" Only issue is Ray is now retired, so the team needs to keep that attitude going forward.
    Well...then the team...to a man...has to decide which is the most important thing: winning championships, or making the most possible money they can make in the sport. That's what it boils down to. The Ravens are at a critical crossroad here. And it's not just all on Joe; it's on EVERYBODY. If they really want to win championships, the opportunity is there. If they just want to grab as much money as they can, then the opportunity is significantly diminished.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Well...then the team...to a man...has to decide which is the most important thing: winning championships, or making the most possible money they can make in the sport. That's what it boils down to. The Ravens are at a critical crossroad here. And it's not just all on Joe; it's on EVERYBODY. If they really want to win championships, the opportunity is there. If they just want to grab as much money as they can, then the opportunity is significantly diminished.
    Why shouldn't a player, who just won a Super Bowl, try to get as much $$$ as he can ? He already has a ring, and a football career is usually pretty short. Then there's the injury factor too. look at Cary Williams. He could have signed for $15 million over 3 years, before the 2012 season. He gambled and won. So now do you expect him to take less to win another championship ? That is unrealistic... Bc

Blog Entries

A player only has so long to get as much as he can ring or no ring. Flacco already earned around $15M or so and wants $100M or so now and will get it. In another few years he'll be past his prime.

The high salaries in pro sports turns a lot of people off. Fans related to the old days when players had jobs in the offseason. UNitas worked down the point when he first came here. Can you see Joe working in a steel mill? Guys like Matte and Laird always bitch that they didn't make today's salaries while I remind them they made more than the working stiffs in the mills, offices and garages doing real work while they played a game.

But that's the way it is so you can't blame someone like Cary Williams. We laughed at him when he turned down the Ravens
    offer and he struggled earlier but his gamble paid off. Same with Kruger, who would have thought 2 years ago he'd get $10M contract.

$$ is the name of the game.

Blog Entries

I don't disagree with getting paid, but if I'm about to make $18-20 million and put my team in a position to not win, I would take a little less to win, I guess it's just my competitive nature. I do not like to lose at all. So if the difference was $3 mil less and I'm still making more than $60-70mil over 5-6 years, I seriously doubt I would be in a pinch while making $17mil a year. Even if getting hurt puts you out of the game you are still a multi-millionare and have the ability to invest. I think these guys are already significantly over paid. I make 50k a year chasing bad guys around the desert all night, they play a game with the potential to get a concussion or sprain.
    Be a Blue Collar Joe Cool and take a little less...
    even pussy ass Brady took less to increase the teams chances of winning, because he does not like to lose.