View Poll Results: Which play should sum up SB 47?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • TD Pass to Boldin

4 5.88%
  • TD pass to Pitta

1 1.47%
  • TD pass to Jacoby Jones

16 23.53%
  • Jacoby Jones 108 yard KR TD

7 10.29%
  • Joe Flacco audibles to pass on 3rd and 1 to convert

22 32.35%
  • The 4th down goal line stand

15 22.06%
  • The final play punt return

0 0%
  • Other

3 4.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: What was the signature play of Super Bowl 47?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Might want to rewatch the game. Ngata got hurt on Frank Gore's touchdown that made the score 28-20, it was near the end of the 3rd quarter. The skirmish happened well before that.
    Reread what you quoted from me and what you wrote...aren't they saying the same thing?

Upon further review it's obvious I'm unable to convey my point about things changing if Williams is ejected so disregard my previous posts.

The correct answer is not a play, it's the blackout. That's what will be remembered the most. Barring that, it's either the bomb to Jacoby (which will always be mentioned side by side with the kick return, so it's kinda both plays at once) or the fourth-down goal line stand. But this will forever be the Blackout Bowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Reread what you quoted from me and what you wrote...aren't they saying the same thing?

Upon further review it's obvious I'm unable to convey my point about things changing if Williams is ejected so disregard my previous posts.
    The Ngata injury and the Cary Williams (possible) ejection are two different things...

Yeah, if Cary gets ejected, VERY good chance we lose the game. But would you really put in a skirmish to say "Because no one got injured or ejected, GAME"?

The Ngata injury was huge. Up until that point, we were doing a pretty good job limiting the Pistol runs. After he goes out, we melted like butter.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!