View Poll Results: Which play should sum up SB 47?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • TD Pass to Boldin

4 5.88%
  • TD pass to Pitta

1 1.47%
  • TD pass to Jacoby Jones

16 23.53%
  • Jacoby Jones 108 yard KR TD

7 10.29%
  • Joe Flacco audibles to pass on 3rd and 1 to convert

22 32.35%
  • The 4th down goal line stand

15 22.06%
  • The final play punt return

0 0%
  • Other

3 4.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What was the signature play of Super Bowl 47?

That was straight baller. Vintage Joe Cool. Some may think Q is a casualty but the way they came on under Caldwell at the end of the season, I'd say Q has another good year at 1000+ and 8TD's because they were lighting it up down the stretch. Would be nice for him to take a small pay cut thought, so the team can sign some other pieces.

3rd and 1 was pure guts and the statement of the game "you can't stop me" I'm Joe M"fer Flacco B"tch.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Agree with this. And don't forget what Ray Lewis said while he was sitting on the bench watching......"that's a bold statement".
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    so did Harbaugh on Sound FX. He sees Joe audible out and goes "he's going pass?????.....(Boldin makes the catch) Wow...."
    Even funnier was the ref (Boger) simply remarking that Q was a "Manchild" on NFL Turning Point.

Blog Entries

I went with Flacco's audible on 3rd and 1 and the pass to Boldin. That play encapsulated the mindset of the Ravens in the playoffs, imo. The "never say die, never quit" mentality. It was like an earlier playoff touchdown of Boldin's, with the defender's arm between the ball and his chest, but he still came down with the catch. It also underlined Flacco's indisputable emergence as The Leader of the offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I picked "other". The play that stands out to me is the Ed Reed pick and the subsequent fight at the end of the play. It sums up the game - veteran contribution, defense by the Ravens, first pick thrown by a 49er in Super Bowl history, and the scappy/chippy attitude of both teams.
    I was gonna say something that's tied to this play: the fact that Cary Williams wasn't ejected from the game when he pushed the ref. If he's ejected I'm not sure the Ravens can win. Obviously if he was that changes how things play out and Ngata probably doesn't get hurt later in the game because that play doesn't happen. Remember, the Niners started playing better after the lights went out but really weren't able to move the ball until after Ngata goes out of the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I was gonna say something that's tied to this play: the fact that Cary Williams wasn't ejected from the game when he pushed the ref. If he's ejected I'm not sure the Ravens can win. Obviously if he was that changes how things play out and Ngata probably doesn't get hurt later in the game because that play doesn't happen. Remember, the Niners started playing better after the lights went out but really weren't able to move the ball until after Ngata goes out of the game.
    Huh? How would Cary getting ejected means Ngata doesn't get hurt?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Ok, I'll just throw this in there. If Williams was ejected, I'm thinking Jimmy Smith plays on that side in his place.
    Later, when the Niners are backed up and Kap throws an out that Williams misses because he slipped...what if Smith doesn't slip, and picks it off and scores right there?? That would mean 2 interceptions in a row for Kap and now his "deer in the headlights" look goes to "Oh NO!" look. Kap either has a meltdown or he ends up being pulled out for Alex Smith. So, many things would probably change but maybe not in a bad way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Huh? How would Cary getting ejected means Ngata doesn't get hurt?
    Didn't Ngata get hurt after the skirmish with the Niners? I'm thinking their offensive gameplan is to start throwing more and the play where Ngata gets hurt wouldn't happen right when it happens. Each action or inaction causes future events to change. It's like speculating what would've happened if the power didn't go out. Would the Ravens have continued to dominate the game like they were or was it a forgone conclusion that the Niners would fight their way back into the game. Not sure if that makes any sense but what you do each and every second effects future events from happening or not happening.

Didn't Ngata get hurt after the skirmish with the Niners? I'm thinking their offensive gameplan is to start throwing more and the play where Ngata gets hurt wouldn't happen right when it happens. Each action or inaction causes future events to change. It's like speculating what would've happened if the power didn't go out. Would the Ravens have continued to dominate the game like they were or was it a forgone conclusion that the Niners would fight their way back into the game. Not sure if that makes any sense but what you do each and every second effects future events from happening or not happening.
    Might want to rewatch the game. Ngata got hurt on Frank Gore's touchdown that made the score 28-20, it was near the end of the 3rd quarter. The skirmish happened well before that.

Very tough poll. Toss up between the 3rd and 1 to Q and the goal line stand.

Blog Entries

Audible on 3rd and 1 for 15 yards. Like Ray said, it was a "bold damn statement." It kept the drive alive for the game winning FG. Flacco was money on 3rd down all postseason and that play really signified that.

Both the 3rd & 1 to Boldin and the late goal line stand were critical in the 4th quarter. Still, I've chosen to consider "signature play" to mean the one that will stick in my mind most, the one that'll be prominent in my own mental highlight reel. And that will be the Flacco-to-Jones TD in the 2nd quarter. I'm not normally one to pick flash over substance, but ...damn. What a play by Jacoby.

I pick the pass to Boldin,

1. Because it opened up the scoring for the game and set the pace. It gave me confidence and comfort that the Ravens could "play" agains the 49ers.
    2. It was an underrated amazing play by both QB and WR.
    3. It summed up the entire Joe's, Anquan's, and Ravens Postseason (same exact play scored a TD vs. Pats too).

everything else was icing on the cake.