Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The Story of John Harbaugh & Bryant McKinnie

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Except they're not. McKinnie played better AFTER he got into shape, and Gaither played better BEFORE he went lazy as fuck. Michael Oher keeps getting sent out there because unlike those guys, he puts in the work every single day. Yes, he's only a middling left tackle, but do you honestly believe Harbaugh is so stupid that he would keep average on the field while above average sits there?

Of course not. He sends Mike out there because until one of those lazy fat asses gets it into gear, Oher is the best option we have.
    middling is generous, IMO.

Gaither has been lazy since his sophmore year at MD... it's well documented.
    We GOT Big Mac because he was so fat and lazy in Minny... He was around 400 pounds when he first showed up here, got slightly into shape and had a slightly above average first year here while getting into shape. Gaither had two dramattically better then average seasons while the coaching staff questioned his work ethic, his friends, and the inuendo that he was a burnout.

Look, I understand the example it sends to the young guys when you have a fat, lazy player that doesn't practice hard starting... but when he is the best option you have at the 2nd most important offensive position, it really is cutting off yoru nose to spite your face.

Blog Entries

Except they're not. McKinnie played better AFTER he got into shape, and Gaither played better BEFORE he went lazy as fuck. Michael Oher keeps getting sent out there because unlike those guys, he puts in the work every single day. Yes, he's only a middling left tackle, but do you honestly believe Harbaugh is so stupid that he would keep average on the field while above average sits there?

Of course not. He sends Mike out there because until one of those lazy fat asses gets it into gear, Oher is the best option we have.
    It's just like when Ellerbe showed up to Training Camp out of shape. Harbaugh moved McClain inside. Did he really want to keep McClain there? No, but he's not going to be held by the balls by some lazy ass.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

EYes, he's only a middling left tackle, but do you honestly believe Harbaugh is so stupid that he would keep average on the field while above average sits there?

I honestly believe there are those who honestly believe Harbaugh has a penchant for cutting his own throat.

Blog Entries

Now I can see why Ozzie Newsome was so upset about missing out on Joe Thomas. I can see exactly why.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I honestly believe there are those who honestly believe Harbaugh has a penchant for cutting his own throat.
    I'm probably one of those you speak of, but I wouldn't go that far.

I believe he has a penchant for placing Oher at LT.... and unhealthy one at that.

I also think he puts too much credence in setting an example for the young guys re: poor practice players.

But I thinkhe honestly believes he is getting the most from his team as a whole by playing the guys he does. I'm not sure he is correct in that line of thinking, but I believe that is his line of thinking.

How in the hell are all of these guys falling down flights of stairs????

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    How in the hell are all of these guys falling down flights of stairs????
    Kindle was amazingly drnk, Big Mac... seems liek a story was made so he could get a few extra days of vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by shorttrack View Post
    how in the hell are all of these guys falling down flights of stairs????
    i know!!!! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    But I thinkhe honestly believes he is getting the most from his team as a whole by playing the guys he does. I'm not sure he is correct in that line of thinking, but I believe that is his line of thinking.
    How much more could he possible have gotten out of this team than he did in the last 5 years? 5 playoff appearances, 3 AFC Championship game appearances, 2 division crowns, a Conference Crown, a SuperBowl win, and the 4th highest winning percent in the league!

At some point you have to understand that his results are lending massive credence to his methods and MAYBE just MAYBE you are the one who is wrong here. (And if you're not, sell Bisciotti on your idea, he's a personnel guy, he'll find a place for someone smarter than a SuperBowl winning coach.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

How much more could he possible have gotten out of this team than he did in the last 5 years? 5 playoff appearances, 3 AFC Championship game appearances, 2 division crowns, a Conference Crown, a SuperBowl win, and the 4th highest winning percent in the league!

At some point you have to understand that his results are lending massive credence to his methods and MAYBE just MAYBE you are the one who is wrong here. (And if you're not, sell Bisciotti on your idea, he's a personnel guy, he'll find a place for someone smarter than a SuperBowl winning coach.)
    Do we win the Super Bowl if Jah Reid doesn't stub his toe? Doubtful if you ask me.
    Do we win only 10 games if McKinnie played all year? Doubtful if you ask me.

Does the fact that Oher continues to play while big fat lazy yet obviously superior players languish on the bench increase the development of young guys? I certainly hope so. Better be more then the fact that we are PERHAPS giving away a few games in doing so.

There literally CANNOT be a case made that Oher was EVER the best LT on this team outside of the Gaither Injury season since he's been here, yet he has started 2 full seasons there and been HANDED the job over superior players during two training camps without a competition.
    I am not at practices, so I cannot vouch for the change in work ethic from the youngsters, but it better be there when you are CLEARLY not starting the best 22 week in and week out. Besides LT, Mclain over Ellerbe is the only other time I have noticed such a move. Perhaps that is why Josh Bynes was ready to play wen called upon this season. Not being involved in practice I can onl speculate on what I see. What I see is Oher playing far too much LT when better options are available. Hopefully that is a thing of the past, especially if that means that Big Mac simply tries harder in the offseason and weekly practices. Certainly no harm can come from that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I thought Caldwell was the one who influenced HARBs to insert Mc Kinney. Don't forget, at the same time they
    moved Oher back to RT and KO to his natural position of LG and they won all those games in the trenches.

WE all knew it was a weight issue and he was in the dog house but getting out coincides with Caldwell taking over
    the offense. Also HARBS hired his buddy from Philly, Castillo who was the great line coach up there for many years.

I just don't think HARBS did all that on his own. Yea, he made the final decision but he usually listens to his
    coaches.

There was also a thread here that Ray worked with Mc Kinney in the weight room and helped him to lose weight
    and he even got a juicer. Not sure if that's true or a joke but Mc Kinney lost weight.

Anyway, there's a lot of players involved in this story that helped HARBs out.

Mc Kinney actually saved HARBS ass after he was inserted as the line play improved. Games are always won in
    the trenches and we lost those games to Piss, DC and slaughtered by Denver before beating them in the POs
    after those line moves.
    How do you type? Why do all of your sentences get broken up instead of just flowing like everyone else? Do you type a sentence or do you hit the return/enter button for no apparent reason?

I ask this because its hard to read your posts because of this. Your formatting or whatever you're doing is wrong and you should probably try and fix it.

Blog Entries

Sorry about that man. I'll try to fix it. I think the return button kicks in when I put the screen mode in zoom lens
    and it blows things up so I can see better and the sentences are cut off.

I'll try tying in small print to see what happens.

Thanks for the warning.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-21-2013 at 06:56 PM.