Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
There literally CANNOT be a case made that Oher was EVER the best LT on this team outside of the Gaither Injury season since he's been here, yet he has started 2 full seasons there and been HANDED the job over superior players during two training camps without a competition.
I am not at practices, so I cannot vouch for the change in work ethic from the youngsters, but it better be there when you are CLEARLY not starting the best 22 week in and week out. Besides LT, Mclain over Ellerbe is the only other time I have noticed such a move. Perhaps that is why Josh Bynes was ready to play wen called upon this season. Not being involved in practice I can onl speculate on what I see. What I see is Oher playing far too much LT when better options are available. Hopefully that is a thing of the past, especially if that means that Big Mac simply tries harder in the offseason and weekly practices. Certainly no harm can come from that.
Like I said, if it's so obvious that Harbs' coaching decisions are costing this team wins, then put together a presentation explaining exactly how and send it to Bisciotti.

But from where I'm sitting, we are playing the best 22 every week, and when Bryant got into shape and demonstrated that he was one of those 22, he was inserted into the line up. Do you want to keep insisting that Harbs was forced to do it? Fine, but you're ignoring the fact that Bobbie Williams is also a hard working, no quit guy who was healthy the whole playoff run. Why didn't Harbs stick Bobbie in at LG, leave Oher and Osemele alone and just role with that?

Is it because, despite your constant insistence that you as a fan on a message board know O-line play better than him, he was always willing to play his 5 best guys and Bryant was finally one of them?