Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: The Steelers are Delusional

Shittsburgh is done this season. They're tweaking both sides of the line during their bye week but they don't have the talent to adapt to their new schemes.

Ruthlessraper gets a phantom injury against the Jets this week and sits out against the Ravens, only to return the following week.

I wonder how the Steelers will bounce back after this season. They'll probably have a top 5 draft pick and be in cap hell.

Would you try to hit the reset button and go into full rebuild mode? What you do that with Big Ben, or try to trade him for what you can? Or do you try to take the draft pick and make one final push for Big Ben's third ring? (Hell, why am I asking this, I know that they'll choose the third option).

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I wonder how the Steelers will bounce back after this season. They'll probably have a top 5 draft pick and be in cap hell.

Would you try to hit the reset button and go into full rebuild mode? What you do that with Big Ben, or try to trade him for what you can? Or do you try to take the draft pick and make one final push for Big Ben's third ring? (Hell, why am I asking this, I know that they'll choose the third option).
    I looked at their contracts and actually next year the Steelers aren't in as bad shape as I was led to believe. They can clear a lot of CAP space next year. I would clean house and rebuild. Take their top pick and try to get a replacement for Ben, who after next year is disposable. Many of their older veterans would not carry a lot of dead money to dispose of if they decide to rebuild.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Shittsburgh is done this season. They're tweaking both sides of the line during their bye week but they don't have the talent to adapt to their new schemes.

Ruthlessraper gets a phantom injury against the Jets this week and sits out against the Ravens, only to return the following week.
    I think the Ravens have a better chance of winning against Ben than whoever the Steelers backup is.

Since 2008, the Steelers have averaged scoring ONE more point per game with Roethlisberger against the Ravens than they average with Leftwich/Batch/Dixon.

Also last year it really seemed like the coaches took the week off when playing against the Steelers since they had Big Ben.

People might say that's bullshit, but I don't care. Look at the offensive creativity against the Steelers in 2012, especially week 1, then look at the creativity last season. It was night and day.

Blog Entries

Steelers oline is beyond bad. They have invested 2 #1s, 2 # 2s on the line only Pouncey panned out but is always hurt. TE, slow and I hired. Rbs a question mark, WRs all number 2s and 3s. Ben has gotten sloppy. Dline is below average with 2 #1 picks who haven't panned out. McClendon eh. Keisel solid still but old. Lbers average too. Woodley and Timmons not living up to big contracts. Foote injury a killer, Jarvis Jones #1 no impact. No depth on the roster to speak of. Troy has been pretty good still. Ike as well, but older high with large cap numbers. Clark has been bad, CB Gay awful, Cortez Allen eh. Sharmako the safety has good potential. This team is bad. Can't pressure Qb, create turnovers. Oline can't block, only Brown is explosive. It will take years to lift talent level with GOOD drafts. Drafts are crapshoots.

I saw this quote today. "The “Steel Curtain” is nothing more than a baby blanket with washed up old hacks."
    LOL

I thought this was interesting: Shittsburgh sending scouts to watch Louisville QB, Bridgewater, to play on Thursday night against Rutgers. Granted, almost 20 teams are sending their scouts to watch the game so could be nothing. However, their GM will also be in attendance. Don't know if that's normal protocol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...uts-vs-rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I thought this was interesting: Shittsburgh sending scouts to watch Louisville QB, Bridgewater, to play on Thursday night against Rutgers. Granted, almost 20 teams are sending their scouts to watch the game so could be nothing. However, their GM will also be in attendance. Don't know if that's normal protocol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...uts-vs-rutgers
    They can see Ben isn't going to last more than a few years. Bring in an understudy for a year, looks like they're going to have a high pick. The older guys can't lift the team anymore, the window is closed. The Steelers need to rebuild, it's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I looked at their contracts and actually next year the Steelers aren't in as bad shape as I was led to believe. They can clear a lot of CAP space next year. I would clean house and rebuild. Take their top pick and try to get a replacement for Ben, who after next year is disposable. Many of their older veterans would not carry a lot of dead money to dispose of if they decide to rebuild.
    They will be about 6m over the projected cap going into the off season of 2014. They have two tough decisions to make on Ike Taylor and Troy P. Both of them have huge base salaries and more than likely will be asked to take a cut. The biggest problem they have is that they have not done well in the draft and are not replacing their veterans with good players. If they do poorly the rest of the season it would be a good time for them to clean house. Take all the dead money hits this year and start to rebuild. Holding onto vets and delaying the rebuild gets you a mediocre team and not very high draft picks.

Wilkerson could get three or four sacks this weekend on that por interior

Blog Entries

Well, when they release The Hair in the off-season, he's welcome to join up with Matt Elam here in Baltimore.

I actually agree with the poster who wouldn't be surprised if the Jets rough up Ben, leading him to miss the Ravens game. If the Steelers go into that game without a victory, you know the Ravens will be looking to not only pour salt on the wound, but pull the wound open even farther so that more salt will fit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, when they release The Hair in the off-season, he's welcome to join up with Matt Elam here in Baltimore.

I actually agree with the poster who wouldn't be surprised if the Jets rough up Ben, leading him to miss the Ravens game. If the Steelers go into that game without a victory, you know the Ravens will be looking to not only pour salt on the wound, but pull the wound open even farther so that more salt will fit.
    I bet Haloti still smiles every time someone mentions Ben's broken nose to him...