Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Dick LeBeau says the Steelers could've won the Super Bowl this year

bwahahaha, you mad, bro?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...at-ravens-did/

“Do I feel we could have done the same thing they did? I do. I do,” LeBeau said, via Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It didn’t break that way. They got the right people back at the right time, and we continued to have more injuries, it seemed like. Many times that decides it.”
    Now, to be fair, I get what he's saying...the Ravens and Steelers are closely matched teams who are going to be neck and neck every year...Still, you can't give props to the team who actually went all the way through the playoffs?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Dick LeBeau says the Steelers could've won the Super Bowl this year

they lost to some pretty bad teams and their QB was responsible for those at the end of the year. Every team can play 'what if'.

Kinda funny to have him jealous of the Ravens, though ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Steelers would have been lucky to beat the Colts or Bengals had they made it to the playoffs. One thing I think we learned is that Joe was a different QB down the stretch... the same guy that struggled against Pit. He's making this claim based on hist teams performance agains "the team" that lost big to the Broncos and Texans, not "the team" in the playoffs. People who don't DO things should just shut their yap and stop talking about what they could have done. I don't know how anyone can make a claim for the championship when they don't even play for it. As far as injuries go... Ben's Injuries are no "unlucky" circumstance that wrecked a great team's chances once in a career, they are a a career defining aspect of his game.... and the teams poor protection.

You can't love that you win with Ben's scrambling style and then make excuses about the injuries he sustains because of his style.

STFU Dick!

The Steelers had their injuries during the year, certainly, but I'd argue the Ravens' injury situation was at least as bad, if not worse.

LeBeau should be more worried about Lamarr Woodley's diet than "might-have-beens" about the past season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    The Steelers had their injuries during the year, certainly, but I'd argue the Ravens' injury situation was at least as bad, if not worse.

LeBeau should be more worried about Lamarr Woodley's diet than "might-have-beens" about the past season.
    Id agree. injury wise, we had a lot more key injuries than they did, they just had some guys not perform well aon top of it. You can blame lack of depth for that but regardless they simply werent the better team this year. I get what hes saying and its a positive spin on a bad year, i wouldnt expect any coach not to do the same.
    -JAB

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

My belief is that if Superman had fought for the Krauts in WWII, we'd all be posting in German right now...

oh yeah, and if the Queen had balls, she'd be the King!

[BTW, if anyone of German descent takes offense, please know that I use the term with due respect to my paternal ancestors, and mean no disrespect or derogation to anyone.]
    Last edited by Beau Petard; 02-20-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries

The talent difference in the NFL is so thin I think you could say that about a lot of teams, especially the Steelers. They are a well-run organization. They did have major injury issues, including to Roethlisberger. In their last two SB appearances, I thought the Ravens could have done the same thing (and possible even beaten Green Bay) had the ball bounced differently to some slight degree.

Coaching is the biggest factor in the NFL today, along with the front office. Do you have personnel people who make good decisions, and do you have the coaching staff that can set the players up for success? If the answer is "yes" to those, you're the Ravens, the Steelers, and the Patriots. If "no" on either, you're the Chefs or the Browns.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    In any given season at least half the teams in the NFL have a more-than-trivial chance at the Lombardi if their injury situation is favorable (& unfavorable for the competition). IOW, big whoop.
    Along with other aging players who don't seem to know their limitations (Pig Ben, The Hair).

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    oh yeah, and if the Queen had balls, she'd be the King!
    She still might be the Queen.

Lebeau better hope the steelers do better this year or him and other coaches will be getting a pink slip. Steeler offense needed those turnovers their defense produced years before. Br has to have more possesions in order to score Tds, especially when he doesn't have to drive down the whole field. I'm thinking the steelers will have more problems this year with the turnover that's going to happen on both sides of the ball. Cap problems will hurt them. Br not playing a whole season and playing while hurt will continue to cause losses.
    Sad that lebeau can't let last season go and get started on the new season. Might be oldtimers disease coming on. Hope not, he is a great DC.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

moose-
    I guess proper hormone therapy would help her...;)

12. Re: Dick LeBeau says the Steelers could've won the Super Bowl this year

Coulda, woulda, shoulda... at the end of the day they DIDNT