Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Anyone else still surprised?

Surprised?
    If you are an NFL fan you have to be surprised if your team wins the Super Bowl.
    But I will not be surprised if Joe Flacco wins a few more.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I thought we should have won it last year too. The Ravens were the only team to consistantly get to the playoffs and they won on the road before. Going into the year I was very confident. Then when Suggs got hurt, I started to worry. Then when Webb and Ray went down in the same game and Suggs was still a question mark, I thought maybe we were done. Then at 9-2 despite it all and not playing well, I thought we would find a way. Then the tough losses and then the Denver game happened and it looked like it was pretty much over as far as the SB goes again, missing out on the top seeds.
    The Giant game was the point when they showed that back against the wall, they could play thier best game. From There I knew we would get to the second round at least. It was not until after the Denver win that the confidence I started the year with returned.

So I was shocked and suprised at how it played out, but really felt like it was our time coming into the season, and pretty much knew for sure after the Denver game. That is why you just have to enjoy the ride. The SB win itself felt more like a relief and also came mixed with the emotions of the season and the Ray Lewis era being over.
    If we had Jacoby Jones and not Smith, I think you could make a case for that, although the add of Osemele and Pierce can't be underestimated too.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    If we had Jacoby Jones and not Smith, I think you could make a case for that, although the add of Osemele and Pierce can't be underestimated too.
    you mean Evans not Smith right? lol

There is a lot of good stuff in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Gonna be a different team next year and likely will only have Caldwell one year. Gotta enjoy this win a while
    I dunno, Caldwell looked pretty bad as a head coach. Some people are meant to be coordinators. Dick Lebeau is a top-shelf DC but didn't work out as the head man. Caldwell could be along those lines... just a matter of whether other teams realize it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I'll put it this way: Cam's consistency was the reason for the offense's INconsistency. His refusal to adapt game plans, means every time we trotted out the same game plan against different opponents we got different results.
    Not only this, but Caldwell's lack of time as a playcaller may have been to our benefit. Teams didn't have much game tape to study. Not a large enough sample size to establish tendencies. Lopsided games against Denver and the Giants, nothing of value from the Cincy game, then it's on to the playoffs. What are you going to study from his history... Manning's Colts? Only if you believe Flacco can play the part of Manning. And I'm guessing opposing defenses didn't think that... but he sure looked like Manning in the second half of the New England game, walking out in the shotgun spread and just shredding the Patriot defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    So I was shocked and suprised at how it played out, but really felt like it was our time coming into the season, and pretty much knew for sure after the Denver game. That is why you just have to enjoy the ride. The SB win itself felt more like a relief and also came mixed with the emotions of the season and the Ray Lewis era being over.
    A million times this.

I was shouting and screaming in celebration after the Denver and New England games.

After the Super Bowl... I was just drained. Part of that was the nerve-wracking nature of the power outage and the 49er comeback, but a greater part of it was the cumulative emotional rollercoaster of the playoffs and the season in general.

I don't think it's really going to hit until our starters are announced before our first game next season, when we don't see Ray Lewis walking out of that tunnel, when the transition to being Joe Flacco's squad is total and undeniable.

Until then, I'm just enjoying the aftermath.