Results 1 to 12 of 28

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    668
    Blog Entries
    1

    Question Anyone else still surprised?



    This team can't win on the road, yet that's all they did in the playoffs.

    Flacco was wildly inconsistent all season, yet he posts 11 TDs and 0 INTs against the best teams in the league for 4 consecutive weeks.

    The team got WORSE as the year went on, yet was at their BEST in the post-season.

    I've heard all the explanations (we had our ideal OL personnel, we had injuries all year, etc.) but it still seems highly unlikely this team would wind up winning the Super Bowl given what we saw against the Eagles in the 2nd half, against the Texans, against Charlie freakin' Batch, against the Broncos in the first game, etc.

    Pretty awesome surprise.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Anyone else still surprised?

    A lot can change when the OC that's been holding the team back get's fired.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,926
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Anyone else still surprised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    A lot can change when the OC that's been holding the team back get's fired.
    +1 Jim Caldwell is my most favorite Raven. I laughed when these "analysts" kept saying it was going to be an issue that he's never called plays in the NFL. He's much more of an offensive mind then people give him credit for. Since Caldwell took over, Flacco has thrown 15 tds 1 int.




  4. #4

    Re: Anyone else still surprised?

    Caldwell + McKinnie. I'd say that 75% of it. The other 25% was the focus that was brought when Ray announced he was going to retire.




  5. #5

    Re: Anyone else still surprised?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Caldwell + McKinnie. I'd say that 75% of it. The other 25% was the focus that was brought when Ray announced he was going to retire.
    McKinnie is so important because putting him in instantly upgraded 3 of the 5 line positions. And Flacco played the best five-game stretch of his career (NYG + playoffs) which you probably can't definitively say is Caldwell taking over, but man, what a correlation.




  6. #6

    Re: Anyone else still surprised?

    it was an incredible ride. i'm still enjoying it and leaving the reality of why the incredible ride happened for a later date.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Anyone else still surprised?

    Everybody got healthy at the right time.

    Plus, once the handcuffs came off Joe, the offense finally reached the potential that we have seen glimpses of over the last two years. That's why I think it is so important that they keep both Jacoby and Boldin, and hopefully pick up where they left off going into next season.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Anyone else still surprised?

    Whoever said we can't win on the road?

    Joe Flacco has the NFL RECORD for playoff road wins!
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland