Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you forgive the Colts?

Both Rosey and Irsay were cut from the same cloth - they were both crooks
    who stole their family businesses. Rosey was the youngest son of 4 brothers and a sister. Their father started a denim shirt factory in Penn but when he
    was sick and dying Rosey was close to him and got his name in the will to
    run the company. He squeezed his siblings out and then expanded the company to include denim pants. He was a ruthless business man and slaughtered the competition earning millions.

Irsay did the same thing. His dad owned a construction company. It was a
    ma and pa company like Rosey's but when the father got sick and was dying Irsay just took the company over and ran it. He later squeezed his brother out and father never paying for his medical bills. He died a pauper and his
    mother called him the Devil on Earth. His brother had to drop out of college
    to pay for his dad's medical bills.

Both guys took ma and pa companies and became millionaires. Irsay got
    his big break winning the contract to put in all the air conditioning in
    Disney World.

His business associates and clients swear by him and say his hand shake
    was his bond. One business owner said Irsay got trucks and ran them straight
    thru picket lines that were striking his company to do the job and Irsay
    got the job done.

It was too bad he could never transfer his business savvy to his football
    team.

Blog Entries

I was in high school when the Colts left. I became a Dolphins and Eagles fan during the time when we didn't have NFL football in Baltimore. I hated the Colts for a long time, and still hate the Irsays, but as a team they are just dead to me now. I mean, they are just another team in the league. Beating the Colts in the playoffs this year didn't give me any more or less pleasure than I would have gotten had the Ravens beaten any other team in the league. I find Indy and their trying to cling to the Colts heritage that took place when the team was in Baltimore to be just pathetic.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 02-19-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Are the Colts asking for forgiveness? I doubt it

Blog Entries

None of the old Colts will forgive them. Just ask Arty.

None of them ever went to Indy except Shula when he was inducted
    into their ring of honor but that was pay back for us running him out of
    town for blowing SB 3.

Raymond Berry went back many times and presented the trophy to the
    SB winners last year. He got that thru Jimmy because Berry stood on the
    sideline during Manning's games.

He wrote letter to Manning describing how he and Unitas did things and
    Manning wrote back and then invited him to his games. Berry couldn't
    wait and he stood on the side lines. Jimmy love it as another dig to
    olc Colts fans.

So I was pissed at him last year. NST had Berry on the radio before that
    SB and warned him about the discontent in Bmore but Berry didn't care,
    yet he said playing in Baltimore during the era and time was the best
    thing that ever happened to him.

TRANSLATED: SCREW BALTIMORE

All that info above is in Unitas' book (except the screw part-lol, that's mine): JOHNNY U

Must reading for old Colts fans.

Blog Entries

Oh yea, I forgot.

The 1975 Colts team went to Indy and had their pic taken in the dome with
    Jimmy. That's because they loved Jimmy. Irsay would cuss everyone out in
    the locker room and Jimmy was just a little kid and would go on the bus
    and apologize to the team for his drunken father. One time he was drunk
    and interrupted a Bert Jones interview on the radio cussing him out after a
    bad game. They had to cancel the interview.

Marchibroda loved Jimmy and taught him the business from the bottom up
    even how to cut and edit game film and grade players. The players loved
    Jimmy so they went.

But note the pics weren't taken at mid field. They were taken in the
    end zone away from center attraction like Jimmy didn't want them noticed
    back in Bmore.

In a crazy move, Bert Jones even after he bad mouthed Irsay to Elway
    said he was happy when his old mentor and pal Marchibroda got the
    Colts job again - this time in Indy.

Jimmy remembered his old friend.

Crazy and ironic how things turn out.

Forgive is much too mild a word. I can understand the business decision to relocate the franchise based upon the attendance of the final season.

I cannot forgive the franchise's efforts to poison the fan base from the time the Irsay's assumed control. It was bad enough with Joe Thomas cleaning house of the Colt legends - but along came Bert Jones, Roger Carr, Lydell Mitchell and the others of those middle 70's teams that made the playoffs and a level of 'hope and faith' was conveyed upon the team by the fan base. Once Bert Jones got his separated shoulder - it was all downhill with the teams on field performance and the front office just applied oil to the slippery slope to continue to poison the on field performance as well as the fan base. It was patently obvious what Irsay was doing, however, as a fan - how could anyone justify to themselves giving Irsay good money when it was obvious his only intentions were to steal that money, put the worst possible team on the field and shop the franchise to the highest bidder.

I can accept that the franchise moved, I cannot accept the MY HISTORY of the Colts was STOLEN from Baltimore, a history that I can recall listening to games on the PA Turnpike as my family was returning to Pittsburgh from family visits in Baltimore in 1954; memories of listening to games during family picnics in Patapsco State Park, memories of a Unitas to Mutchler TD pass in a game against the Ethnic Slurs just before Christmas in 1956 that save Weeb Eubank's job, memories of the rainy day in 1958 the Colts beat the Packers 58-0, the agony and ecstasy of the 1958 Championship game and on and on and on!

I will NEVER FORGIVE the team in Indianapolis for not forging their OWN IDENTITY.

I "let go" because I'm too young to even remember the Colts but an injustice is an injustice and we shouldn't forget what hurt our Parents so deeply. Its a continued injustice because while it might be too late to give up the colors, its not too late to give up the sports records. Also, its freaking sports, you LOOK for reasons to hate/like other teams. If stealing our team for years and years isnt a legit reason to hate someone than neither is a division rival like the Steelers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The 1975 Colts team went to Indy and had their pic taken in the dome with
    Jimmy. .
    Hey Trap:

I do appreciate your old tall tales, but please don't post unless you are completely sober! The Hoosier dome opened on August 5, 1984, not in 1975. Bert Jones was traded to the Rams in 1982. There's no way your tale about Bert Jones & team mates going to the (unbuilt) Hoosier Dome for picture taking is correct.

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I meant the RCA dome but it was originally called the Hoosier Dome when it was built. I thought you knew that.
    Do I have to explain everything to you? Geesh.

That 75 team did go to Indy because they loved Jimmy.

I'm not the guy who drinks Ouzo.

History of the HOosier Dome in Indy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_Dome
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-19-2013 at 09:24 PM.

I went to Colts games with my father as a child and always longed to have them back. I would have loved to seen the Ravens originally in the Colts uniforms. Then, I just wish the colors would be retired and came back to Baltimore but that is not going to happen now. Some things, you just have to get over if only for your own sanity. Plus, even if the Colts colors came back somehow today, I would not trade them now for the Ravens colors!

However, I do believe the BALTIMORE NFL football history needs to be held onto and not allowed to be taken. Super Bowl V is part of BALTIMORE football history, not Indy, so are the two NFL Championships. I think when a new banner is revealed at the stadium this year for this year's Super Bowl victory another banner should also be prominently displayed with the following...

-----------------------------------
    Baltimore NFL Champions

1958, 1959

Baltimore Super Bowl Champions

1970, 2000, 2012
    -----------------------------------

Plus, when you put it this way, that makes 5-for us and 6-for the squeelers (only one more to go!) or you can add in the Stallions victory, although that is not the NFL and more than a bit of a stretch, and that makes 6-professional football championships for us!
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

Blog Entries

Speaking of Rosey and Bert Jones, check out this pic I found with Bert and Rosey's wife when she was younger and
    owned the Rams. She was a stripper when Rosey met her and the family disapproved of her. When he died she got
    the team instead of his son Steve, she kicked him out of the house and the organization. He was their GM and ended
    up in the Saints front office. The good ole boys club take care of their own. She was damn hot chick
    when she was young but what a bitch. She was even questioned in her husband's death as foul play was suspected
    but never proved. She re-married before Rosey's body was cold. Even at 70 he was an expert swimmer. When he
    he died Arty called Unitas and said, mafia frogmen just got Rosey. He owed tons to Vegas and thus the suspects
    including his wife.

I wrote her a letter welcoming her to Baltimore when the Rams were flirting with us and said how great she looked
    in those American Express Commercials. The bitch never even thanked me-lol.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/spo...na-s40856.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-19-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Speaking Irsay and the facts, I said Colts were worth around $1B. They're not up to $1.5B.

Article says self made but it was all handed down to JImmy. Forbes lists him at 311th out of 400 richest Americans.
    He's the 913th richest billionaire.

His dad bought the team for around $20M after stealing the company from his father.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/james-irsay/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-19-2013 at 09:35 PM.