Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you forgive the Colts?

Hah - fooled you didn't I Scally?

The above post was a parody filled with wit, sarcasm, politically correct, no chip on shoulder, no sour
    grapes or non hatred feelings towards Irsay or the fine people of Indy for stealing our team.

I did not watch any NFL football for the years between Colts And Ravens. When they change the name in INDY I'll forgive
    them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    No ill never like the colts. I wasn't even alive when they skipped town and it pisses me off that they have all of Baltimores records listed as Indy in the hof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Strangely I'm the same way. Born in '88 so I never had any connection to the team but for whatever reason seeing B'More Colts records listed as INDY records rubs me the wrong way. Although I really don't have any ill-will towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    No ill never like the colts. I wasn't even alive when they skipped town and it pisses me off that they have all of Baltimores records listed as Indy in the hof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. I have no recollection of a time where the ravens did not exist and I still hate the colts. At the top of one of their message boards they have a picture of colts quarterbacks throughout the years and it starts with Johnny U. Johnny Unitas never stepped foot in that hick town!!!

Blog Entries

No. I don't forgive them.

The Irsays snuck out of town on my sixteenth birthday. Fuck them, and fuck that shitkicker town they play in now. I don't care who those inbred shitkickers were rooting for in the SB: I hope their new golden boy has a short, painful career that is covered with misery and woe, and I hope they experience nothing but misery in all their endeavors. I even hate their kids.

I'll cheer when Jimmy is rotting in hell with his drunken bastard of a father. The sooner the better. He's no different than that scumbag.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Scally-
    Old BALTIMORE Colts fan here.

FWIW, I'll always support the BALTIMORE Colts. I'll also recognize that the NFL has a franchise in Indianapolis, and I have less bile for them now than in the past, although their mayor of yore was a dick, and any fan there who pulls to their heart the idea that anything prior to their getting a franchise belongs to them (in the way of records, heritage, etc.) is not only fooling themselves, but doesn't deserve a franchise.

I found Irsay Sr. a useless piece of shit human being, an abomination as a citizen and resident of the area (although I really don't know if he ever WAS a registered Marylander), and a disgrace as an owner of an NFL franchise. I find his offspring, Junior, slightly less repugnant.

I think that any fanbase that kidnaps the legacy of a relocated franchise is fooling themselves, and has self esteem issues.

Do I "forgive" the franchise that is now located in Indianapolis? To be honest, I'm not sure what that means to me.

Not that I feel strongly about any of this, you understand....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Fuck them. And the quote above...see, this is the problem with the way some people think. SB V does not belong to the "Colts franchise". It belongs to Baltimore.

The records belong in Baltimore. Not in some freaking cornfield.

And the younger nutty Satan had the power to do the right thing. He didn't. So again, screw them.
    It's the only Lombardi for which there are two trophies. Rosenbloom took the original with him when he scampered off to the Rams. Irsay eventually got a copy from the NFL.

Blog Entries

Irsay lived in Chicago when he owned the Colts. He was an absentee owner who flew in only on game days and flew
    out faster than you can say Indy. He never spent a cent here. He never fit in. He hated Baltimore and shopped the
    team as soon as he arrived.

Finally in Indy he built a home there and said he was a mid-westerner and made a ton of money during the 80s
    and 90s and even gave to charities there.

There was the time when there was a big dispute between Marchibroda and Joe Thomas the GM. He had a meeting
    with them on his yacht. That was after Bert JOnes led a revolt vs Thomas and in support of Ted but Irsay didn't
    even have the meeting here. It was on the lake out there.

He even said both guys went at it and almost threw each other off the ship. Of course, he was forced to side with
    Ted and fire Thomas after the players revolted.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-18-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't care how many SB's the Ravens win. We'll never be "even" with the scumbag Irsays.

When that team sneaks out of Indianapolis in the middle of the night, I might stop hating them. Until then, I root for injury when that team takes the field.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I don't care how many SB's the Ravens win. We'll never be "even" with the scumbag Irsays.

When that team sneaks out of Indianapolis in the middle of the night, I might stop hating them. Until then, I root for injury when that team takes the field.
    What does that team sneaking out of Indy in the middle of the night accomplish? The people of Indy didn't have control over what happened. If you root for the Ravens and only will feel satisfied if that happens to Indy fans then that is just extremely hypocritical. And you wish injury on players who clearly had nothing to do with the move? I'm sorry but this type of talk is ridiculous even if in jest. People with this type of mindset is what is wrong with the 'passionate fan.'
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 02-18-2013 at 05:45 AM.

I just want back what rightfully belongs to Baltimore and it's fans. A "teams" record do not transfer.

I also tire of being called "the old browns". Hell at least they were GUARANTEED a new team in 2 or 3 years time and keep their heritage.

The Ravens were considered an "expansion" team anyway.

Relocation from Cleveland, Ohio
    The Baltimore Ravens came into existence in 1996 when Art Modell, then owner of the Cleveland Browns, announced his intention to relocate his team from Cleveland to Baltimore. The resulting controversy ended when representatives of Cleveland and the NFL reached a settlement on February 8, 1996. Commissioner Paul Tagliabue promised the city of Cleveland that an NFL team would be located in Cleveland, either through relocation or expansion, "no later than 1999".[4] Additionally, the agreement stipulated that the Browns' name, colors, uniform design and franchise records would remain in Cleveland. The franchise history includes Browns club records and connections with Pro Football Hall of Fame players. Modell's Baltimore team, while retaining all current player contracts, would, for purposes of team history, appear as an expansion team, a "new franchise."[5] Not all players, staff or front office would make the move to Baltimore, however.

Blog Entries

I suppose the grudges I would choose to hold would be with 1: Bob Irsay and 2: Paul Tagliabue. Irsay for moving the team at all and taking everything with him (in the end, we got to keep the replica Lombardi, btw. It was part of the deal negotiated with Irsay for dropping the lawsuits, along with keeping the marching band and uniforms, and his pledge to endorse a team for Baltimore. He didn't vote for us in the expansion voting, but he did okay Art's move to Baltimore).

Tagliabue was two fold really. Firstly, it was the museum comment when we got passed over in the expansion vote. It can be debated why we weren't picked, but essentially, the reasoning seems to be the NFL wanted to branch out into new markets and some of the people involved in the Carolina and Jacksonville bids had personal ties to Tagliabue where he wanted to grant them favors basically. But the key takeaway from our city is that Tagliabue didn't respect our passion for football. He told us to build another museum. Pete Rozelle, rest in peace, told Tagliabue as he was incoming as the Commish that his one biggest regret was not getting Baltimore a football team back. So, to honor that request, he made sure other cities won the expansion vote, and then when Art wanted to move his team here, he tried his best to block him. Then, the second reason why I hold a grudge with Tagliabue, was that he decided THEN to fight tooth and nail to do right by the Browns franchise. I didn't want the name, colors, or records. But, Art originally wanted to keep those, much as Irsay had. After the lawsuits started flying, Modell eventually realized it'd be easiest to leave those with Cleveland and start over.

So let's review the Colts case vs Browns case:

Baltimore vs Irsay settlement:
    Irsay gets - Team Name, Colors, Records
    Baltimore gets - Lombardi Trophy, Marching Band, Irsay's word that he'll support a future club in Baltimore

Cleveland vs Modell settlement:
    Modell gets - The team
    Cleveland gets - The name, colors, records, a promise of a new team in 3 years, a new stadium which the NFL would help them to build

Cleveland was practically adopted by the NFL and put at the head of the table, while Baltimore was practically told to go to our room and if there's anything left from dinner, we'll throw it down in your direction.

And yeah, the "old Browns" thing still irks me, but that's not the fault of the Colts or Irsay. That's just idiot talking heads. These are the same people who constantly bring up Ray and Atlanta and say we haven't heard the whole story.

(EDIT - Must give credit to AirFlacco for much of the reason why I know all this. Dude is like an Encyclopedia of Baltimore history)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!