Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT: Woodley needs to work harder in this lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    HKusp, your new signature is amazing.
    Thanks Britt, I read your blog from the Feb 4th this morning. Very good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    In Woodley's defense, I always thought that quote was taken out of context by the media to suggest he was disrespecting Flacco in a way I never thought he was. It was the media that was disrespecting Flacco and asking Woodley if he thought Flacco had the stuff. Woodley's only response was confidence in his own team. Yeah, in retrospect he was wrong; but still, I like to see that sort of confidence in team by players, as long as said team is a competitor and it isn't just some delusional and absurd statement, like if we had heard that from someone on the Bills or the Raiders or something.

The only current Steeler who pisses me off his smack talking is Ryan Clark: but mostly because his brand of smack talk is to pretend he isn't smack talking while every word is carefully chosen to talk smack through subterfuge. Disingenuous a**h*le.
    Congrats on being the first one on this board to defend Woodley

Blog Entries

Woodley is the classic case of a player who worked his ass off to get the big money and then slacked off once he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Woodley is the classic case of a player who worked his ass off to get the big money and then slacked off once he got it.
    Woodley and tomnlin will have to do great this year or the yinzer train will start to call for heads to roll. Personally, I think the steelers will be like the jets last year. Turmoil and players calling out one another could happen. Tomlin will have to unleash something better this year or his popularity will suffer. Br will need an oline better then before or he will miss some more games again. Defense will have to do a whole lot more to stay in the top 10 defense department. Could be an entertaining year for yinzers and Raven fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Congrats on being the first one on this board to defend Woodley
    It is what it is. The media massaged it into a dis against Flacco; just like it was the media who massaged Flacco answering their question about whether he considered himself a top 5 qb into him "bragging." Sorry, I'm not going to let the media dictate to me who is or isn't bragging or disrespecting others. I'll always try to interpret the statements in their proper context and come to my own conclusions.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think Woodley coasts on his on own talent. Like Ngata he's a great player when he isn't injured.

Blog Entries

haha ikr, there is something not quite right about that guy.

SuggsKill Guest

I love that first anonymous quote - "He was awful." Douche bag.

Woodley has been quite a Raven killer in the past so it's good to hear he evidently has a work ethic problem.

Speaking of 'work ethic', that rub map in your sig is killer SuggsKill.
    Here and i thought the happy ending was a thing of the non-pc past lol!
    Hell Glen Burnie's got 4 of em
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Hey H. About your sig. I know that TLH lost his cool there in the SB but how about cutting the guy a little slack. He's still the Ravens QB who tossed Johnny U the frickin game ball on the sideline immediatley after our first win over the Indianapolis Irsays in 1998. It was one of the classiest acts I've ever seen. I would rather remember the guy that way if you don't mind. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Now, Ryan Clark has come out in defense of Lamar Woodley. At least, against the anonymous quote. He called it cowardly, but thinks it is a defensive guy.

This is too rich.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Those comments on PFT are too funny. Some of those yinzers are in big time denial, and the guy who talks about Why would any other team have as many Steeler fans sitting in visiting stadiums? If they are fans of "other teams" then they wouldn't be Steeler fans. Do these people read the words they write?

You forgot to include this gem!

"Stunning you have not witnessed this over the last two decades. Then again- You’re a woman.."

Great comeback from the Yinzer!