Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: One of the Dumbest Talking Points Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    One play that isnt talked about that was BIG was on one of the kickoff returns during the 3rd quarter in which Walker hit Jones with his helmut on the football and held on to the ball after being helicoptered on the hit and amazingly still held onto that ball. I doubt many players could of held onto that ball.
    Same goes with Flacco holding on after McKinnie's brain fart let an unblocked guy blind-side clobber him.

Re: One of the Dumbest Talking Points Ever

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    HATERS GONNA HATE, YO

Yeah, their argument is ridiculously flawed--especially since one of Jacoby's TDs came on a long bomb from who again?

Right, Flacco.

I will say that I wouldn't have been bothered if Jacoby had been named Co-MVP with Flacco, as I can see the argument that we needed both to win--because we did.

They accounted for 28 of our 34 points.
    Actually Flacco accounted for the other 6 as well. Doesnt Tom Brady get ridiculous praise for this "fuield goal" winning drives to win his first couple Superbowls. Flacco's field goal drives were every bit as clutch as his touchdown drives. If the refs werent calling the game so loosely, and/or we NEEDED a touchdown to reclaim the lead late in the game, I have no doubt Flacco would have scored the points needed.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Re: One of the Dumbest Talking Points Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's not about dissing Flacco; some folks are a little sensitive there. It's about recognizing the contribution JJ had in that game. You could argue MVP either way but both Joe and Jacoby had tremendous games.
    That's the problem, for some critics- I think it IS about dissing Flacco. So many of them disrespected him again and again, and now, instead of eating crow, they choose to hold on to this.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"