Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: OT Terps vs Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    Check out this video of the "Flash Mob" & "Harlem Shake" thrown down on Sat night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1qoZxWAsk8

I'm living a charmed life 'cause not only was I in Nawlins for SB XLVII (endzone seat, the one the Ravens defended on their magnificent last stand), but I was also in the white T shirt group right behind the Duke bench!

The fellows who started the first dance are known as the Turgeonette's ... they dress to look like coach Turgeon, including a touch of light shoe polish in the hair. Just in front of them is Scott van Pelt, ESPN anchor and UMd grad, who was attending game as a fan. He is of course is the fellow with shaved head, dark glasses, grey sweater. As dance begins, he is engrossed in his cell phone. Later in the video he looks up and is amazed at what has happened around him.

Hats off to the UMd students, the Dance Team, and producer Carrie Blankenship for pulling this off!
    Wow. Incredibly well orchestrated. Did they even practiced that??

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Each school is alotted a certain amount of tickets so it was still all North Carolina fans
    way up here.
    You're right tickets are alotted but it certainly is much easier for NC fans to get to the game on Sunday if they know their team is in the championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, speaking of Yow, remember she said Gary Williams tried to sabotage her recruiting class-lol.
    I think she was bitching about her coach search, that douchebag Gregg Doyle also badmouth Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It was partly born out of a concerted effort by the University to cut down on the unruly behavior that has occurred in the past during Duke games. They let the kids in at 3 pm, which was designed to assure a couple hours of sobriety before the cameras came on. And then knowing that it was a long time to sit and wait for the game to start, they used the time to have the crowd get the color coordinated shirts on and also rehearse the flash mob routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    It was partly born out of a concerted effort by the University to cut down on the unruly behavior that has occurred in the past during Duke games. They let the kids in at 3 pm, which was designed to assure a couple hours of sobriety before the cameras came on. And then knowing that it was a long time to sit and wait for the game to start, they used the time to have the crowd get the color coordinated shirts on and also rehearse the flash mob routine.
    Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense but still doesn't take away how cool that was.

It was awesome. The slow motion wave was my favorite part.

Did you notice Scott Van Pelt sitting in the crowd? He looked surprised and I think it's safe to assume he was not sitting there hours earlier when they rehearsed it.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Incredibly cool!

This article will answer most questions about how the dance was pulled off:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...b-at-duke-game

Students were sent an email before game, asking to be seated by 3 pm for a "surprise", give aways, etc. I am on the faculty but scored a student seat (traded a legit pair, great view actually, to a student for her single, so she could take her hubby to the game and sit next to him). I could not get in early, as needed Student ID for such early access. But when I arrived, students in my section (who I teach!) filled me in on the moves, in between their giggles (that there was a 50 something amongst them).

We rocked that house!