Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT Terps vs Duke

K was pissed after the game and took a swipe at MD going to the Big 10,

Said it's been a great rivalry with the great games but MD obviously doesn't feel they're
    important or they wouldn't be going to the Big 10.

Guess he missed the wild celebration after the game. Place went nuts. That's how important it was.

It's all about money K and he'd jump at the chance but Duke is in the middle of no where so nobody
    else wants them as great as they are.

Screw that little snot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    K was pissed after the game and took a swipe at MD going to the Big 10,

Said it's been a great rivalry with the great games but MD obviously doesn't feel they're
    important or they wouldn't be going to the Big 10.

Guess he missed the wild celebration after the game. Place went nuts. That's how important it was.

It's all about money K and he'd jump at the chance but Duke is in the middle of no where so nobody
    else wants them as great as they are.

Screw that little snot.

I never liked that snivelling little shit. I always relish the look on that rat - like face when he loses.

Blog Entries
    Great win and Coach K proved he is a tool with his comments after the game. Go Terps!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Great win and Coach K proved he is a tool with his comments after the game. Go Terps!
    What did he say?

Fuck Coach Ratface.

Great win by the Terps, as maddeningly inconsistent as they are this year, they have a lot of potential if they can just get into the dance. Very young team for sure, they will only get better. They are going to need to probably finish 9-7 and get a tourney win, or 10-6. Do that and I think they are in, but it's gonna be tight.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What did he say?
    "I have a great deal of respect for Maryland," Krzyzewski said. "If it was such a rivalry they'd still be in the ACC. Obviously they don't think it's that important or else they wouldn't be in the Big Ten."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    "I have a great deal of respect for Maryland," Krzyzewski said. "If it was such a rivalry they'd still be in the ACC. Obviously they don't think it's that important or else they wouldn't be in the Big Ten."
    eh, he's just pissed because the ACC is about to lose a shit ton of money.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Nice to see the Terps stick it to the Evil Empire one last time.

As for the B1G move... meh. If you're asking me do I give a shit about watching the Terps play Minnesota and Illinois and whoever the fuck-all else is in that conference, I say no. I've never been to Minnesota and God willing, I never will. Could care less. Watching the Terps play UNC and Duke and GT and Clemson etc was what it was about for me. The history, the rivalries. This smash and grab thing might be good marketing and sell more jerseys to the kiddos, but for us old farts who grew up on Buck Williams and Albert King etc. it's like taking the Orioles and putting them in the Japanese league. Am I really going to get excited about a 3 game sweep of the Kinetsu Buffaloes, or seeing Nick Markakis take Chin Chen Wong deep? Hell no. Likewise, if the Terps beat ... I don't know, somebody, is it going to matter? Not really.

In about 4-5 years there will be a whole new generation of students / alumni / fans who won't remember any different and they'll think it's awesome, so there you go. There's your future. Those of us who come from the past are on the outside looking in. Or more accurately, just doing something else besides watching Terp hoops.

Cool Re: OT Terps vs Duke

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post

As for the B1G move... meh. If you're asking me do I give a shit about watching the Terps play Minnesota and Illinois and whoever the fuck-all else is in that conference, I say no. I've never been to Minnesota and God willing, I never will. Could care less. Watching the Terps play UNC and Duke and GT and Clemson etc was what it was about for me. The history, the rivalries. This smash and grab thing might be good marketing and sell more jerseys to the kiddos, but for us old farts who grew up on Buck Williams and Albert King etc. it's like taking the Orioles and putting them in the Japanese league. Am I really going to get excited about a 3 game sweep of the Kinetsu Buffaloes, or seeing Nick Markakis take Chin Chen Wong deep? Hell no. Likewise, if the Terps beat ... I don't know, somebody, is it going to matter? Not really.

In about 4-5 years there will be a whole new generation of students / alumni / fans who won't remember any different and they'll think it's awesome, so there you go. There's your future. Those of us who come from the past are on the outside looking in. Or more accurately, just doing something else besides watching Terp hoops.
    Even though there were great memories of games in the ACC, there were too many games where the Terps, as well as other ACC teams outside of NC were royally screwed by referees open bias in favor of in state teams. That plus the open arrogance of some of the so called great coaches of the ACC like Dean Smith, Coach Ferret-Face K, and, especially Jimmy V (as crooked and corrupt a coach that has ever lived) make me laugh rather than shed a tear!

Maybe the Terps will run into something similar in the Big Ten, who knows! However, they will be making more money than by staying in the ACC and more financial resources help improve one's chances.

The ACC is not the ACC people have memories of.

Our basketball rival was going to be freaking PITT.

The only rivalries I care/cared about were Duke, UNC, and UVA, and we weren't even guaranteed to play those guys at home every year.

The ACC doesn't give a shit about Maryland and our " rivalries", why should I give a shit about the ACC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I wish Maryland was able to stay in the ACC and I'll definitely miss playing Duke, UNC, UVA and not being able to play future opponents like Cuse, Pitt, and ND. I'm not a fan of chasing money to go to a conference where MD has zero shared history with anyone except PSU from decades ago. The ACC has always been Carolina-centric, and the ACC does everything to cater to them (like hold the ACC Tournament pretty much every single year in the state of North Carolina.) John Swofford is an idiot, he should have had a viable TV network years ago, while the B1G was building their own. What's done is done, but I didn't like the sneaky way MD's administration went about leaving, they basically gave the Board of Regents only a few days to mull everything over before voting. The President and AD have zero ties to Maryland or the ACC, so it was much easier for them to like the move. They also bungled the football program by hiring Edsall (6 wins in 2 seasons.) Things are looking promising for football now with better recruiting, but they've lost a ton of money from poor attendance and a drop in season tickets. The basketball program pretty much funds the entire athletics department, so I can see why the promise of more money is enticing. The entire athletic department had way too many sports programs to fund anyways, they should have been cut years ago. Next year's final ACC basketball schedule will be pretty awesome, hopefully we can go out with a bang.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post

$$$

p.s That was like a game of street ball and almost impossible to watch.