Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Interesting take on the Ravens from an active NFL player

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    My money is on Jason Witten.
    Can't be Witten because he's married. OP said he was with his girlfriend.

My money is on Miles Austin.
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 02-16-2013 at 04:49 PM.

"I asked if he'd rather play with Joe than with his QB and he just laughed."

LOL

Apparently I'm not the only one that thought Cowboys as soon as I read that line.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think the insinuation was this player had seen Flacco play multiple times, and the only NFC East clubs we've played multiple times (note NOT counting preseason) are the NFC East clubs (2008 and 2012) and the 49ers (2011 and 2013 SB)....
    It could also be any player from an AFC team the Ravens played in the last five years, and this guy has switched teams and is now playing in the NFC. Just because the guy said Joe has improved since the last time he saw him doesn't mean the guy is still playing on the same team. Players do move around.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    My first thought was cowboys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I figured witten as well.

Thanks for sharing! This story is up there with AirFlacco's stories.

I'm with everyone that thinks it has to be at least someone fairly recognisable. Cowboys and eagles are great guesses IMO.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Cool!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

A piss in the wind guess.... Brandon Marshall.

He's played against Joe in 2009, and 2010.

Now plays for the Bears who are of course an NFC team. He plays with a pretty good QB, but he isn't Joe Flacco and is a total bellend off the field.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 02-16-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Excuse me, 2009 and 2010. Ravens didn't play the Broncos in 2008, its been a while lol

8. Re: Interesting take on the Ravens from an active NFL player

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A piss in the wind guess.... Brandon Marshall.

He's played against Joe in 2009, and 2010.

Now plays for the Bears who are of course an NFC team. He plays with a pretty good QB, but he isn't Joe Flacco and is a total bellend off the field.
    We didn't play the Bears this season.
    Not even in the pre-season.

What ASB said was, "he is an offensive player on an NFC team we played this season."

He didn't specify if "this season" includes the pre-season or post-season, but he did make it clear that the player was on a team that we played this year, so that eliminates BMarsh as a possibility.

It was probably a Cowboy or an Eagle, given who their QBs are, and the lack of playoff success they and their teams have had.

Good stuff.
    Not shocked to hear the respect for Joe. These guys see him up close, they see the decision making, the arm and other qualities that go into it. Unlike average fans they are basing an opinion on actual meaningful data and not just fantasy stats such as yardage TD's etc. Those things are important but can be misleading also, especially in a league were teams are pass first/happy.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    We didn't play the Bears this season.
    Not even in the pre-season.

What ASB said was, "he is an offensive player on an NFC team we played this season."

He didn't specify if "this season" includes the pre-season or post-season, but he did make it clear that the player was on a team that we played this year, so that eliminates BMarsh as a possibility.
    :grbac: of course, my mistake for not reading the story properly lol.

Aren't Witten and Romo supposed to be really close?

If that's the case, I doubt it was Witten (although, I guess reports about them being tight could be exaggerated).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    The media, on the other hand, almost completely failed to see the Ravens' greatness, in part because (a) many are lazy, and just piggy-back off existing narratives and call it a day, or (b) they only see what they think is there. "Old habits die hard" and "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" they say. This is true of writers. They get an idea in their heads, and its hard for them to shake it. Hence, the "same old same old" reporting of the Ravens.

None of which bothers me. Screw em all. Baltimore Ravens till I die!!!!
    In fairness to the media (many of whom don't deserve it) there is no way they can have the same appreciation for the Ravens that we do. There aren't enough hours in the day to be as familiar with 32 teams as we are with our one. I agree many our lazy, and with just a little digging they could put out a better product, or at least not just regurgitate the same errors over and over (e.g. the Ravens defense is old.)

But many of them see the Ravens as much as we see, for example, the Texans. You watch a full game or three. You see the SportsCenter highlights. You see the fantasy stats. And that's about it.

So if you watched Joe in the regular season Denver game, and read his statline every week, and noticed that most of the Ravens highlights involved the defense and Ray Rice, you would probably think of him as pretty mediocre. You might think of the Ravens as lucky this year, because we won several close games, and didn't really obliterate anybody besides the Raiders after the opening week. When the spotlight was really on in the playoff chase, we put up some clunkers.

For us, we watched this team, and we knew what they were capable of. We could see the effect the injuries were having. We could see the offense could be great if it could figure out how to be consistent. And on and on. But you can't figure those things out in the snapshot high level view that the national media gets.