Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens fan for life now!

Well I'm currently on the chair! Becoming a fan forever and capping off an end to an Amazing season!!!!
    ***updated***
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360978590.333525.jpg

Last edited by batman55; 02-15-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Re: Ravens fan for life now!

Cool tattoo batman. Victorious Raven Movement!!!!!!

I hope you remember this year, after Flacco, Harbaugh and Ozzie are gone, there have been several crappy drafts, and the D is a shell of its former self and the O turns the ball over like they're turning over in their sleep.

Every franchise goes through changes. Not all changes are good. That's why this team needs tough fans like us that will not ever let them get soft. We're here to cheer for them when they're good and give 'em hell when they're not.
    Welcome to the brotherhood.
    Now repeat after me:
    "Everyone is against us. The Commish is against us.
    The refs and the rules committee are against us.
    Jim Irsay is satan and Paul Tagliabue is his minion.
    In spite of that, we cheer our team toward winnin'! GO RAVENS!"
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    I hope you remember this year, after Flacco, Harbaugh and Ozzie are gone, there have been several crappy drafts, and the D is a shell of its former self and the O turns the ball over like they're turning over in their sleep.

Every franchise goes through changes. Not all changes are good. That's why this team needs tough fans like us that will not ever let them get soft. We're here to cheer for them when they're good and give 'em hell when they're not.
    Welcome to the brotherhood.
    Now repeat after me:
    "Everyone is against us. The Commish is against us.
    The refs and the rules committee are against us.
    Jim Irsay is satan and Paul Tagliabue is his minion.
    In spite of that, we cheer our team toward winnin'! GO RAVENS!"
    Absolutely silly comment right here.

Yeah when Flacco and Harbs are gone..... in line ten years. :grbac:

To the OP, nice man, I'm really considering something my self actually.

Blog Entries

Very nice Batman55. I've considered it but was always worried about a symbol change at some point. A lot easier to keep buy new Ravens stuff for my car and wearing the latest gear.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Only silly IMHO to those who can't see past the next season...or have forgotten how long tattoos last.

Sean, an old British acquaintance from Sunspot who posted as Cockney Raven, once commented that the true test of a fan is how loyal s/he remains to the team during its inevitable time in the wilderness--that it took a lot more fortitude to attach one's sporting heart to a perennial outsider like West Ham (his team in English footie) than a ManU. And in the parity-besotted NFL, no team can count on staying on top forever.

As the slaves on the back of the Roman generals' chariot are alleged to have whispered in their ears during their triumphal marches, Memento mori. (For that matter sic transit gloria mundi works pretty well too.)

(Just FTR were I a tattoo-sporting kind of guy I might've had the artist add under the logo something like--
    SB XXXV CHAMPIONS 1/28/01
    SB XLVII CHAMPIONS 2/3/13

--& left plenty of room below that. YMMV)

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Only silly IMHO to those who can't see past the next season...or have forgotten how long tattoos last.

Sean, an old British acquaintance from Sunspot who posted as Cockney Raven, once commented that the true test of a fan is how loyal s/he remains to the team during its inevitable time in the wilderness--that it took a lot more fortitude to attach one's sporting heart to a perennial outsider like West Ham (his team in English footie) than a ManU. And in the parity-besotted NFL, no team can count on staying on top forever.

As the slaves on the back of the Roman generals' chariot are alleged to have whispered in their ears during their triumphal marches, Memento mori. (For that matter sic transit gloria mundi works pretty well too.)

(Just FTR were I a tattoo-sporting kind of guy I might've had the artist add under the logo something like--

:word

I have a tattoo (a couple). If I were start with a clean slate (no tats) I would probably not get them at all. As you age you change... What I put on my body at the age of 19 or 20 is not what I want there now. And anything relating to sports or a team can have a questionable outcome... based on what a couple posters have mentioned. (Hell, you may have a son who plays for the Steelers or Browns in 20 years...) Haha... I don't know. Then what ya gonna do? ;)

Back in college I saw the school's whole football team go out and get "1994 League Champ" tattoos... only to have the title stripped 3 weeks later because they started an academically ineligible player all season. lol.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 02-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post

It was how he commented though. He said once Harbaugh and Flacco are gone.... Both are likely to be here for a long time. Flacco is 28 for christ sakes, not 38. Had he said something like, "the revens defense isn't the same, things wont be the same" that is a fairer assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Yeah when Flacco and Harbs are gone..... in line ten years. :grbac:

To the OP, nice man, I'm really considering something my self actually.
    LIB! It was meant to be silly. Just like it's silly to make an emotional (temporary) decision to get inked (permanent). Just like half the jokers on this (mostly the Sun forum) that were excited about the team, then when their favorite player wasn't resigned....or the team had a losing record...or the Ravens lost to the Steelers 3X in a year (that was the worst)...or earning a 13-3 record only to lose the the mutha-effin' Colts AT HOME! (worser than the worst!!)...or any number of frustrating seasons/events we fans have endured.......All those folks were "true" fans till they turned sour.
    All the great franchises had their eye-rolling years. Their true fans stuck with them. I hope the OP has that stick-to-itiveness because there will be rough times.

Lastly, I was paid for my ink by Uncle Sam (thru employment). I am their walking billboard...for life. If the Ravens want me to market their franchise with this awesome carcass I carry around with me, they would need to pay me.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Hey Purple... VU were alt pioneers! Still an influence.

Gs3/tapatak
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Thanks for ALL of your support this season guys! My first season being apart of this board!

Blog Entries

Ok...now compare yours to Jacoby Jones' new ink.

Keep in mind this guy is a millionaire, and could afford the absolute best tattoo artist in the world.

Instead, he gets this (photo taken from front page story):

Really? Really??? Come on Jacoby...