Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Adele.
    Love her voice. I'm also kind of a sucker for most female-fronted rock (not insinuating Adele is rock).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Metallica lost me when they started chasing down people on Napster. Once upon a time they encouraged people to copy their tapes before they got signed, then they turned into a bunch of money grubbing douche waffles. I guess millions aren't enough, the bag of dicks need to go in front of congress.

I am not saying I haven't gotten a song here or there, but then that St. Anger shit came out and sounded like Lars banging trash can lids together for an hour straight... Cliff Burton has to be rolling over in his grave.
    Ding, ding, ding!

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Church of Misery, Acid Bath, Death, St. Vitus, Pentagram...I've got a few CoB albums.
    Finger paintings of the insane was a fantastic album. Never got into the other stuff you mentioned though. Ever listened to Dog Fashion Disco? They were fun.

Edit: oh shit never mind I just saw Death, love then too! Good on you mab

WTH?!!!
    Baltimore Club music, of course! This is Baltimore!

Hey Silver, Say hi to Eddie for me...lol...
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Never thought 20 years ago I would trade in ska, Sonic Youth, The Pixies and post punk alternative in for a variation of country, but put me down for alt-country or Americana. Avett's, Mumford & Sons. Old Crow Medicine Show, The Gourds etc.

Still love Delta Blues, just doesn't change.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Amy Winehouse...RIP

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

David Bowie, the Beatles, led zeppelin, velvet underground, Brian Eno, Lou Reed, Roxy music, pink Floyd, funkadelic, etc.

And MGMT. mgmt is a current band that's absolutely incredible, and it's only two guys. Listen to the song "Metanoia" by them.

Also you've got to listen to "Maggot Brain" by Funkadelic. It's the best guitar solo I've heard in my life.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 02-15-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Speaking of metal, any Metallica fans here?
    Oh yeah. I have "Battery" (which I would have to put in the running for top 5 greatest rock/metal songs of all time) set on my running playlist to kick in right around the 30:00 mark, when I have a tendency to start saying, "yeah, screw it, I've run far enough for today." Because you can't quit while Battery is playing. Last Sunday I ended up running 6.7 miles thanks to a boost from Battery, then later hitting backarrow a couple times to play it again around the hour mark!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    And MGMT. mgmt is a current band that's absolutely incredible, and it's only two guys. Listen to the song "Metanoia" by them.
    Oh yeah, like those guys. Electric Eel, Kids, and Congratulations are great. Haven't listened to them extensively, but there's a funny video of them on youtube playing outside in what looks like a college quad, attempting to play "This Must be the Place" by Talking Heads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    Never thought 20 years ago I would trade in ska, Sonic Youth, The Pixies and post punk alternative in for a variation of country, but put me down for alt-country or Americana. Avett's, Mumford & Sons. Old Crow Medicine Show, The Gourds etc.

Still love Delta Blues, just doesn't change.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Old Crow is incredible. We saw them two summers ago (when Willie Watson was still in the band) play in an old church that's been turned into a concert venue (by removing the pews and taking the altar out to leave barely enough room for a stage). Nothing like sweating your ass off in a 19th century holy roller southern church, getting drunk off your ass while Old Crow jams like the devil!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I had a band in high school and we opened for Burning Spear one summer (1999-2000). They were cool guys.

Avett Brothers is a really good show too. If you like them, you should really check out Jason Isbell. He was one of the original singers for the Drive By Truckers (one of my favorite bands) and he left and started his own thing (the 400 Unit). Good stuff. He is such a brilliant song writer.
    I do like 400 Unit. They play Codeine and Alabama Pines on the radio a lot here. I don't think they played here last summer, but they have a few times in recent years (either DBT or 400 Unit, at various times...). Now that our youngest child is finally big enough to where it's no big deal leaving the kids with a sitter, we intend to get caught up on some of these shows we've been missing!

Agree- Jason Isbell is a fantastic songwriter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Love her voice. I'm also kind of a sucker for most female-fronted rock (not insinuating Adele is rock).
    Check out the band Metric.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.