Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213

Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

OT but doesn't Buck showalter looks like john burnell?

2. Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Oh yeah. I have "Battery" (which I would have to put in the running for top 5 greatest rock/metal songs of all time) set on my running playlist to kick in right around the 30:00 mark, when I have a tendency to start saying, "yeah, screw it, I've run far enough for today." Because you can't quit while Battery is playing. Last Sunday I ended up running 6.7 miles thanks to a boost from Battery, then later hitting backarrow a couple times to play it again around the hour mark!
    Yeah man, Battery is one of my top 5 Metallica songs (along with Creeping Death, Disposable Heroes, One, Dyers Eve). It's tough to put any metal album above Master of Puppets. That foursome was the ultimate lineup and they would have been incredible for years to come. Cliff's tragic passing was the worst thing to ever happen to Metallica.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Didn't we have this thread on the sun forum before it got closed?

Also did anyone go to the Metallica Orion festival last year in AC?
    I hate Metallica anymore (love the old stuff), but I wanted to go to see Suicidal Tendencies.

4. Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Pre-Black album...after that, hell no.
    For the most part I agree. What are your (and anyone else's) thoughts on Death Magnetic? I really like it, but I had to wait for my ten year hater bias to wear off before I could listen to it with a more open mind. There are a bunch of good songs there (and of course a few duds mixed in). I think the lyrics are James' best since Puppets. The guys are old now, but at least they are trying to play thrashy stuff again.

Here's an article I really liked about Metallica. He has some 100% spot on comments about Metallica alienating their base with the release of their self-titled album: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...rt-5-metallica
    Long days and pleasant nights.