Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

Katy Perry is visually attractive, but its hard to top this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnXjI...NUCIw&index=13

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ah, how could I forget the Beach Boys. Got everything they ever did including the original cover on California Girls. Speaking of which, they have threatened to
    sue Katie Perry, mentioned above by me, for California Gurls and using their famous line - I WISH THEY ALL COULD BE CALIFORNIA GIRLS.

And the Beatles Paul McCartney wrote Back in the USSR as a parody of California Girls and Chuck Berry's 1959 hit Back in the USA. I always thought Back in the USSR was in retaliation of California Girls but McCartney wrote it after returning from Russia, specifically Georgia. It was during the cold war and the Kremlin did not like the Beatles even though their kids did. Mike Love of the Beatles thought it was humorous and vacationed with the Beatles studying under the Maharisha.
    After writing the song, the Kremlin denied permission for him to re-enter the country.

BTW, Paul McCartney plays the drums on that hit song because Ringo walked out of the group after McCartney criticized him for screwing up on a song.
    He took off and vacationed on Peter Sellers yacht in the Mediterranean. Ringo said he really did mess up. He wasn't the greatest drummer to begin with,
    but he re-joined the famous group after they urged him to.

Also, The Stones are the longest active band in history and still performing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_in_the_U.S.S.R.

Paul McCartney is absolutely disgustingly talented. He was a better drummer than Ringo. His ability for creating melodies is completely unmatched. I'd day it's between him and David Bowie for the two most genius music artists of our time, with all things considered, lyrics too. Some of the chord progressions for David Bowie's music are completely baffling, so complex and unusual. His lyrics.. as far as I'm concerned, easily the most underrated lyricist of all-time. All the different genres he sometimes CREATED during the 1970s.. And his voice is a Godsend. He has a 4 octave 11 semitone vocal range. His voice is so versatile. And his work during the Berlin trilogy.. Complete masterpieces.

Blog Entries

Queen "we are the champions"

Blog Entries

Ah, Queen - that reminds me of some trouble I got into over that song at Half Pints in Bel Air where I sing on Fri night. If anyone doesn't believe this story just ask Stu the bartender. If he doesn't remember it I'm sure he'll remember the other fights I started with Squeelers fans in there, especially the on he broke up with big Stoney from Pissburgh. Make sure you say TRAP
    not AIR FLACCO.

Anyway, this prick from Piss was singing that song but instead of saying WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD, he substituted STEELERS. It was right after they beat Arizona in the SB. So I started booing him. Now when I sing I don't need a mike. People hear me outside on top of the parking lot in the winter with all the doors closed. So I completely drowned this prick out. then everyone in the joint started booing him so no one could hear him. I first yelled Squeelers suck and he yelled Ravens suck, I yelled you suck and he yelled that I suck.

The guys at his table were giving everyone the finger especially me so when the prick finished the song he yelled I'm kicking your ass. I said come get me and stood there. He came running at me but his pals grabbed him and sat him down and said you're getting us killed in here and they all shut up. I laughed my ass off because there were 50 Ravens fans at the bar that would have whacked him before he even got to me.

Then it was my turn to sing and I sang the same song substituting RAVENS for we and the place went nuts. I really know how to incite a crowd. I belonged to Toastmasters for 10 years-lol. Finally I stepped down after giving their table the finger but what a song.

It almost got some people killed. Like I said, just ask the bartender or the gorgeous blonde who tended bar last night but she is pissed at me for now. There's always someone pissed at me.

IM JUST A LONELY OLD MAN HAVING A DAMN GOOD TIME.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-23-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Anybody going to go see Jay Z and Justin Timberlake at M&T on Aug 8th? I think I am. Sounds like fun.

Zeppelin
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I've been listening to some of that Mississippi Delta Blues.

And, even though it was from a movie, I loved the song that Samuel L. Jackson plays at that bar in "Black Snake Moan".
    Years ago I was in a restaurant in Temple Bar, Dublin when the owner put on a Blues compilation "The Alligator Records" 20th Anniversary Collection. Great stuff by Hound Dog Taylor, Albert Collins, Koko Taylor, Charlie Musselwhite,Lonnie Brooks, Lil' Ed and the Blues Imperials, as well as Delbert McClinton. It really got me into the old Blues and I started listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Eric Clapton again.

Delbert McClinton's old album"One of the Fortunate Few" is a classic with B.B. King, Lee Roy Parnell, Vince Gill, John Prine, Lyle Lovett and Patty Loveless, is absolutely fabulous and on heavy rotation lately on my iPhone.

My son got me into Dropkick Murphy's a while back and ever since we saw them live in Boston, a few St. Patty's days ago (with special guest Bruce Springsteen) I have been a big fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGvZGCh16yA
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 02-25-2013 at 12:50 AM.

8. Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

Haven't been blown away by anything in 2013 yet, but 2012 was a decent year for me. I'm a huge prog metal fan, although the genre has become a bit stale for me. My favorite CD of 2012 was Nine by Circus Maximus, and I even was picked to go to Norway to hear the album with a select few people before anyone else. Great time, want to go back badly.

Other than that, Thank You Scientist absolutely blew me away and is still getting frequent spins. An awesome blend of prog & big band...such a creative group. Also loved the releases from Periphery, DragonForce, and Coheed & Cambria. Full list is here if you're interested:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/TimeCo...op_cds_of_2012

Just got the new EP from Puscifer. Haven't had a chance to give it a good listen yet, but my initial reaction is that it's about as cool as the other albums. Definitely a strange project, but something about it makes me happy when I hear it.

Didn't we have this thread on the sun forum before it got closed?

Also did anyone go to the Metallica Orion festival last year in AC?
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Didn't we have this thread on the sun forum before it got closed?

Also did anyone go to the Metallica Orion festival last year in AC?
    I really wanted to but couldn't make the schedule work for me.

I did go to the Big Four at Yankee Stadium back in September '11 though!

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I really wanted to but couldn't make the schedule work for me.

I did go to the Big Four at Yankee Stadium back in September '11 though!
    It was awesome.

They did the whole Ride the Lightning and Black albums.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold