Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: I'll come right out and say it: I don't want Ed Reed back

Williams will be more over paid by someone than Reed will, imo this doesn't help.

Blog Entries

Re: I'll come right out and say it: I don't want Ed Reed back

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not just his leadership, but his knowledge. He doesnt just work with the safeties. He gives pointers to almost everyone. Chykie Brown credits his improvement to Ed Reed. Chykie Brown was really solid this year and he went head to head with some very good receivers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Absolutely, great point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I am coming from a physical standpoint. If we bring Reed back, we cannot expect him to make a tackle anymore. Balls that land in his arms are not guaranteed interceptions anymore.

Now, if the front seven can improve its run defense and we can get better play from the CBs, I think that Reed can be protected, much like Lewis was. If you can find a NT, or if Terrance Cody improves, look at all of the run stuffers you would have in the front seven: NT, Ngata, Jones, Suggs, Ellerbe, Upshaw. Teams would, once again, become one dimensional.

His leadership is definitely a plus, and it's true that many players play better here than elsewhere in their careers.

I'm still torn on this one.
    I'm with you on this one. I'm probably leaning towards wanting to keep Reed, as long as his demands aren't ridiculous. I think if we can add some speed and youth to the front 7, and get Suggs/Ngata healthy again, they will take the pressure off Reed, and will allow Reed to remain purely as a cover 1 guy who will pretty much stay in coverage, and occasionally come up on edge blitzes. Let Bernard Pollard come up into the box and do his job in run defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post

Convert Jimmy Smith to FS. Pollard is the other safety. Webb and Williams the CB's.
    Williams is as good as gone.

Plus we still have Graham, Brown, and Asa Jackson.

Jimmy to FS is interesting. However, I still think he could be a lock down corner. Guess we will see how the draft shakes out.

Glover Quinn was a pretty good corner too and the Texans slid him back to FS. He has been very good there.

It would be nice to see Jimmy, Webb, Graham, and Chykie all out on the field at the same time. A lot of speed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

i tend to agree with poster but i hate to see our home grown stars in another uniform but that is the nature of the business. we are very lucky with ogden and ray.

i am in the redskin market and have to listen to redskins coverage. an interviewer asked josh wilson what it was like to play with ed reed. wilson said "the first thing reed told him is you do not have to play anything outside the hash marks on your side of the field. i will have it covered". wilson said he never had a ball completed outside the hash marks on his side of the ball all year.

the moral of the story is that as a fan we really don't understand how football works and reed has an acumen and closing speed that allows him to be effective. this despite the fact he really can't tackle any more.

Blog Entries

They'll make a Reed an offer that they can afford but it won't be enough. Other teams will pay a lot more. I've been saying this day was coming for over a year now. What I didn't think though is that Reed and Ray would go out on top. That's the best anyone could have hoped for.

Hopefully Woodson being on the market lowers Reed's price and allows us to retain him.

I expect Reed to go, personally. I think the Patriots or Colts will outbid us because they could use a veteran leader for one or two years to get their secondaries to another level. Reed loves both coaches and they're both competitive teams. The Colts as I understand have quite a bit of cap room, not sure about the Pats.

If we don't draft Elam or Vaccaro, I think we snatch Glover Quin. I like the idea of calling up one or two guys from our farm team every year.

Omar Brown is also an interesting prospect to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I want him back but only if his contract doesn't hamstring us.

The test will be if Harbs and Ozzie wants him back. If they do, that's good enough for me.
    :word

Love Ed like most of you. Favorite player to ever play for the Ravens (Ogden close and Ray was a little much for me at times) but I agree as well. I think anyone who watched Reed this season could see his limitations when it comes to tackling or any physical contact. Every instance of contact resulted in him crumpled to the ground; it was uncomfortable to watch at times. Love the guy but I hope he hangs them up.

Reed is the QB of the secondary, that group of overacheivers that beat Andrew Luck, Payton Manning, Brady and Kaepernick in a row.
    We can't break the bank for Ed, but we are a much better team with him on it, than without.
    Now if its Ed or the Saints LT, you might bend my ear, otherwise I am leaning toward the Honey Badger. :)
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

I want Reed back, but I doubt he'll be back.

Blog Entries

How much do we expect the front office to offer him?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore