Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: I'll come right out and say it: I don't want Ed Reed back

Ed Reed has physical limitations and tackling issues. We've known that for several years now but he's still able to make enough plays to remain a force to be reckon with on the field.
    You can't replace the leadership, instincts and film study that he brings to the field. Those are things that can't be measured. At the very least keep him around (at the right price) for another year or two and allow him to continue nurturing our young players.

Re: I'll come right out and say it: I don't want Ed Reed back

Ed Reed is today what Heap was 2years ago. Great player who gave his all for the Ravens, but thru injuries and age, now has limitations(slower,neck injury, tackling). Maybe Ed should be a player/coach to stay with the Ravens. Coaches up the new guys and plays in passing situations when totally healthy. No disrespect to Reed, but like Ray Lewis,Ed should know when it's time to retire. Going out a SB winner is hard to top.

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed ~~ Stay or Go? (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You've been cussing a lot lately Ex.

We rubbing off on you?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    The Sword of Light is righteous. Someone must have hacked into my account.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Even if Reed wasn't the only defender with tackling issues, are we to sit here and declare that "We don't need to fix these tackling issues, but we'll still manage to be successful and get back to the Super Bowl"?

That doesn't mean that Reed is the only tackling issue that needs to be fixed, but it is still an issue that needs to be fixed or you're eventually going to get caught with your pants down holding onto him too long.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Are we to sit here and declare that "We don't need to fix these tackling issues, but we'll still manage to be successful and get back to the Super Bowl"?
    Is anyone suggesting that?

Ed's tackling is an issue, but bad tackling by the DL and LBs is a more important issue.

The name of the game in the NFL is PASS.
    Pass the ball, if you can't pass the ball, you will be lucky to make it to any playoffs.
    And to do that with only a running attack, you will need very good defense.

So, for defenses to be really successful, you must be able to defend the pass.
    Ed is a FS. One of the best ever.
    Our defense was really good down the stretch when it mattered because quarterbacks feared him, especially in the playoffs. In the super bowl, a young QB decided to throw down the middle of the field and Ed made him pay.

We need to fix our front 7 in terms of stopping the running game and getting after the quarterback.
    Our defensive backfield is not even a problem for the Ravens.
    And it is not like we don't have a number of young DBs that were on the sidelines for most of the season and will be back next season.
    Make a decent offer to Ed and let him make the decision. It is really simple.
    This way, we will know if another safety needs to be brought in whether in FA or in the draft.