Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I'll come right out and say it: I don't want Ed Reed back

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'll repeat again. Ed Reed at 50% is still better than 90% of the safeties out there today
    Same as Ray at MLB

Blog Entries

That sounds more like QBs scarred for life and, based on what Reed has done to them in the past, I don't blame them.

It's one thing to look at Ed Reed's intangible qualities. However, those never go away. Ed Reed could be 45 and still possess those intangible qualities.

Physically, he is done.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Just like he was in Denver during the playoffs and the SB with those interceptions.

Yup, Ed is done.

:)

Blog Entries

I just watched the championship game in NE and in their final drive, every one of Brady's throws were away from
    Reed. He worked the sidelines of course with 1.5 mins left but they were opposite where Reed was. There were a couple of passes up the middle and McPhee sacked him on one and someone blocked a pass up the middle. Suggs sacked him.
    He's hit as he throws the ball, to the left side line again but ball drops like a duck after getting hit. He's getting banged
    and hit harder than a ping pong ball.

On his final play Brady throws left again, just like the play I posted above. He was working on Cary Williams. On that
    play Reed was in the middle of the field but Brady throws left and Carry intercepts to ice the game.

Reed has to run way over from mid field to pile on for the wild celebration. He was no where near the play.

Someone posted how he enjoyed watching the SB again, but I"ve been watching all the playoffs and I really enjoyed,
    especially the Denver game to see KO and McKinney blow their side of the line out.

The D really gave a lot of pressure to Brady in the second half and especially at the end but not much from Reed.

That's because Brady was scared to go near him.

Ask Manning and Brady if Reed is done - PHYSICALLY.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-19-2013 at 12:08 AM.

I saw him up close, you know that beard makes him look much older than he is..... :)
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

LOL - I have his picture on my wall in my computer/game room and he does look a lot younger. He does look

older and is but so do I.

Right player, right price, as always.
    Ed is still an impact player.
    Really liked how he showed up in the playoffs and that interception was HUGE in the Super Bowl.
    And yes, he showed up in the playoffs last year, too.

He is a general in the backfield, and those intangibles he has are immeasurable.
    The veteran QBs know to stay away from him.
    The youngins, not so much and his INT on the Super Bowl proved it.
    Later, he might end up as a coach here, as well. That was brought up recently, too.
    So, try to find a way to keep him. He is unique and you have to recognize that.
    In the meantime, the young safeties in waiting, are learning from him.
    I look at all of that as a win-win.

Dear Ed Reed - Please just retire

Dear Ed Reed,

It has been a pleasure to watch you play in Baltimore for the past 11 seasons. You’ve made us jump up off our couches or out of our purple seats at M&T Bank Stadium in elation more times than we can count – and in anger a few times as well.

We spent way too much time arguing with silly Steeler fans about who was better, you or your friend and rival, Troy Polamalu. Until now, Troy had what you did not – a Super Bowl ring. Now that you’ve got that, those rag-wavers don’t have a leg to stand on. You’re unquestionably the greatest safety of your time, and arguably one of the best ever…certainly unmatched with the ball in your hands, which was a far too frequent occurrence for the tastes of opposing offenses.

You took the field with one of the greatest defensive players of all time as a teammate, and all that you did was force your own name into that conversation through your own stellar play and film study.

You managed to play through serious injuries and the prospect of losing your ability to walk every time you set foot on the turf.

There is no reason to put yourself at risk like that any more.

You’ve finally reached the top of the mountain in your sport.

Rather than playing for another team – one whose fan base has heckled and derided you for years, even while admiring your skills from afar – we ask that you retire as a member of the only team you have ever known, the Baltimore Ravens.

We’ll be forever grateful for your time in the Charm City.

And, in just over five years’ time, you’ll very likely find yourself standing next to #52 once more…as you both walk into Canton.

On that day, we promise to once again form a sea of purple for you to look out upon.

Hopefully you’ll give us “Two Tickets to Paradise” one last time.

Thank you,
    Baltimore

More:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/dear-...e-just-retire/

Blog Entries

Re: Dear Ed Reed - Please just retire

Quote Originally Posted by NestMinder View Post
    Dear Ed Reed,

It has been a pleasure to watch you play in Baltimore for the past 11 seasons. You’ve made us jump up off our couches or out of our purple seats at M&T Bank Stadium in elation more times than we can count – and in anger a few times as well.

We spent way too much time arguing with silly Steeler fans about who was better, you or your friend and rival, Troy Polamalu. Until now, Troy had what you did not – a Super Bowl ring. Now that you’ve got that, those rag-wavers don’t have a leg to stand on. You’re unquestionably the greatest safety of your time, and arguably one of the best ever…certainly unmatched with the ball in your hands, which was a far too frequent occurrence for the tastes of opposing offenses.

You took the field with one of the greatest defensive players of all time as a teammate, and all that you did was force your own name into that conversation through your own stellar play and film study.

You managed to play through serious injuries and the prospect of losing your ability to walk every time you set foot on the turf.

There is no reason to put yourself at risk like that any more.

You’ve finally reached the top of the mountain in your sport.

Rather than playing for another team – one whose fan base has heckled and derided you for years, even while admiring your skills from afar – we ask that you retire as a member of the only team you have ever known, the Baltimore Ravens.

We’ll be forever grateful for your time in the Charm City.

And, in just over five years’ time, you’ll very likely find yourself standing next to #52 once more…as you both walk into Canton.

On that day, we promise to once again form a sea of purple for you to look out upon.

Hopefully you’ll give us “Two Tickets to Paradise” one last time.

Thank you,
    Baltimore

More:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/dear-...e-just-retire/
    Would you turn down millions of dollars to play a sport you love? Ed Reed isn't going to either.

I seem to recall posting in a (similar) thread back during the regular season my thoughts that ...perhaps ...the Ravens and Ed should part ways in 2013. I'm still somewhat on the fence.

At this point, the big unknown is still Flacco's contract. If that doesn't get done soon, most of these "Who Should We Keep" discussions will become moot.

Money issues aside, I can live with it either way in 2013 -- the Ravens with or without Ed. I see a mixed bag either way. We'd miss his experience and smarts in the secondary, but could have someone back there with better athleticism and tackling ability. And sooner or later they are going to have to find Ed's replacement anway.

If Ed doesn't get what he considers a good offer during free agency, I really wonder if he might simply refuse to make a decision for himself and keep every NFL fan guessing. I'm not sure about FA rules, but in late summer couldn't he theoretically still: a) go to another team for less-than-ideal money, or b) return to the Ravens for a lot less-than-ideal money, or c) bag it and finally retire. All of this while being able to avoid a significant part of training camp. Just idle speculation on my part...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Would you turn down millions of dollars to play a sport you love? Ed Reed isn't going to either.
    And another thing...we have been spoiled, I would say.
    For those of us who remember seeing the Colts with Johnny U and Mike Curtis and Mackey and so on...we remember those days, forever. Still talk about how great they were.

So for 17 years we watched Ray out there and we will talk about him for as long as we talk about the Ravens...remember when Ray played and he hit Sproles in the backfield and everyone went nuts!
    Well, Ed is on that same list. Remember when Ed snagged that pass against the Eagles and went 108 yards! That was crazy!
    Ed, at this moment is still here.

If the front office and Ed can work it out, I would be ecstatic to see him not only still in purple, but finish his career here. I hope they can work it out and I hope Ed knows when to hang up his cleats and I hope it benefits everyone, all around.
    One day, he will try to get out of bed and realize it is his body telling him it is time.
    And when he does, I hope he finishes with a great year.
    Ray had a storybook ending. I am thinking Ed wishes that, too.
    It is extremely difficult to see that happening again, but who knows.

I do remember some saying Ed should have retired before last season, but when he picked off that pass against the Bengals in game 1, everyone jumped out of their seats and were glad 20 was still out there.

Blog Entries

Ed Reed is my favorite player. That's the jersey I wore during the playoffs and the Super Bowl and never even thought to wear a different one. I knew this day was coming. Ozzie is not going to pay a huge amount of money for an older player. A lot of us had a tough time with what he gave Birk this last time around and that's a fraction of what Reed will get. It's just not going to happen.

The fans in me would love to see Reed and Ray retire together and complete the movie ending. I have enough respect for Ed Reed that where ever he goes I'll be happy for him. I'll hope he has down games against the Ravens but every other time I'll be hooting, hollering and cheering for Reed just like I always have. He's earned that and I'm proud to support whatever decision he ends up making.