Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ed Reed is my favorite player. That's the jersey I wore during the playoffs and the Super Bowl and never even thought to wear a different one. I knew this day was coming. Ozzie is not going to pay a huge amount of money for an older player. A lot of us had a tough time with what he gave Birk this last time around and that's a fraction of what Reed will get. It's just not going to happen.

The fans in me would love to see Reed and Ray retire together and complete the movie ending. I have enough respect for Ed Reed that where ever he goes I'll be happy for him. I'll hope he has down games against the Ravens but every other time I'll be hooting, hollering and cheering for Reed just like I always have. He's earned that and I'm proud to support whatever decision he ends up making.
    This 100%.

I don't think enough time has passed yet for us to realize just how lucky we are to have a had a player of Ed's caliber on our team all these years.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed ~~ Stay or Go? (Merged)

Reed will be back, I just know he'll be back and you can mark it here.

Re: Ed Reed ~~ Stay or Go? (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    This 100%.

I don't think enough time has passed yet for us to realize just how lucky we are to have a had a player of Ed's caliber on our team all these years.
    Not just Ed, though I do agree. I was thinking about this the other day. How many other teams in the history of this league have had three past/present/future Defensive Players of the Year on the roster all at once? From 2003-2012 the Ravens have had three guys who were/would be a DPOY playing most of those games together. If that's ever happened with another team, it almost certainly didn't happen for 10 seasons. What a run...

Blog Entries

Re: Dear Ed Reed - Please just retire

Ed Reed is my favorite player. That's the jersey I wore during the playoffs and the Super Bowl and never even thought to wear a different one. I knew this day was coming. Ozzie is not going to pay a huge amount of money for an older player. A lot of us had a tough time with what he gave Birk this last time around and that's a fraction of what Reed will get. It's just not going to happen.

The fans in me would love to see Reed and Ray retire together and complete the movie ending. I have enough respect for Ed Reed that where ever he goes I'll be happy for him. I'll hope he has down games against the Ravens but every other time I'll be hooting, hollering and cheering for Reed just like I always have. He's earned that and I'm proud to support whatever decision he ends up making.
    :word

I am still holding out hope that he'll come back for 1 more season to help groom his replacement.

There are already going to be a significant amount of players available via free agency. I'm sure some teams will make Ed Reed offers, but I don't think that they will be SO much better than what Baltimore will offer him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    :word

I am still holding out hope that he'll come back for 1 more season to help groom his replacement.

There are already going to be a significant amount of players available via free agency. I'm sure some teams will make Ed Reed offers, but I don't think that they will be SO much better than what Baltimore will offer him.
    I hope you're right. I still see some of these teams with young defenses and possibly issues selling tickets paying Reed for more than what he can do on the field. He brings qualities that the Bucs and Bengals desperately need. TO was worth thousands of season tickets sales for the Bills several years ago. That's another team who could really do well with Reed for the next 2 years.

Blog Entries

I hope you're right. I still see some of these teams with young defenses and possibly issues selling tickets paying Reed for more than what he can do on the field. He brings qualities that the Bucs and Bengals desperately need. TO was worth thousands of season tickets sales for the Bills several years ago. That's another team who could really do well with Reed for the next 2 years.
    Well, the Bills are going to be re-signing Jairus Byrd and they like Aaron Williams at FS.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I do remember some saying Ed should have retired before last season, but when he picked off that pass against the Bengals in game 1, everyone jumped out of their seats and were glad 20 was still out there.
    Ed is basically just a salty old man who knows when to show up in crunch time. Aside from that whiffed tackle that almost led to a touchdown, he played great in the Super Bowl. Even though he had "only" one pick, his blitzing and coverage were at times crucial factors.

I just wish there was a way he could sit out half the season. Show up to play against the Steelers and Bengals, Pats and Broncos, then in the playoffs. That would be ideal, haha.

Re: I'll come right out and say it: I don't want Ed Reed back

Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post
    Andrew Luck also weighs in on Ed Reed. When asked what was the most difficult part of facing Baltimore's defense, he says, "it's Ed Reed" and goes on to explain how special Reed is.

Skip to 1:40: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player...Super-Bowl-QBs
    Good to see the young guys showing some respect for the "Older" guys in the league. I still think Ed's got 2 more good years left. Hopefully it can be for the right price.

Without Ed Reed, we have a HUGE hole at FS in 2013. I don't believe we have anyone under contract next year who is even close to ready to start (Omar Brown? Christian Thompson? These guys are 4th and 5th safeties on any other team, at least right now.)

We can fill it with a high draft pick, hoping and praying that someone falls to us and wins the job in training camp... which is not the way the Ravens FO operates at all. We can sign a street free agent, but they have to come cheap, so you're looking at guys with injury baggage like Kenny Phillips (who I love, but is right on the cusp of maybe being too expensive and/or too risky a signing) or age concerns (Woodson, Yeremiah Bell).

I think we either re-sign Ed or sign Kenny Phillips, personally. It all comes down to who we can jam under the cap more easily. Will Ed take a big hometown discount? He'll need to, as there's no way he'll match his 7.2m base salary next year. I'm really holding out hope that he'll sign a 2 year deal with a 6m-ish average number, but that's probably wishful thinking. No matter what happens we are REALLY in a bind at the FS spot right now.

Blog Entries

The man can't tackle. The man can't perform the most basic responsibility of an NFL defender.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

ED REED WILL BE BACK.

According to this with the note he is still playing at a high level and the team
    wants him back.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-ee06a54cf43d

Blog Entries

whatever he does in the future, good luck to him. As a Ravens fan I strongly believe that there will NEVER be another playmaker like Ed Reed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!