Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ravens agree to 1 year extension with Boller

Quote Originally Posted by evade6317 View Post
    And there, plain as day, is the hugger inconsistency. McNair has a great season, by Ravens standards, he loses the playoff game and huggers say we should toss him. Yet Boller has given us some of the worst QB production in team history, and some of the most embarrassing performances ever seen but huggers still try to justify starting Boller over McNair.

Hugger biased mentality = McNair fucks up once; can him. Boller fucks up game in game out for several seasons; he needs more opportunity.

Again, you focus on one game with McNair when comparing him to Boller and ignore how much success he had with the same team, with a limited training camp and abbreviated playbook over the course of the season. McNair was very successful when compared to Boller and huggers won't admit it. Yet you will split hairs in a futile attempt to tip the scales in Boller's favor.

Let me give you an example. McNair threw for more yards(3,050), had a better completion % (63%), and had a rating that Boller wish he could get as a starter (82.5) all while being with a new team, in a new system, for a much shorter time.

So what will the huggers say? Boller didn't have as good a line, DWill, Trevor Pryce, DWill, playcalling, yada yada yada. Talk about hindsight bias.

No matter what you can fabricate in your head, it makes absolutely no sense to pull McNair in favor of Boller. Why? Because McNair is more productive and Boller is not. It's a fact.

And you want to bring up AW huh? Do you really want to compare a former UDFA's statistical output for the Ravens to a former 1st round pick and see how similar they are? Because you can only come to two conclusions by doing so. Either, AW is almost 1st round talent, or that Boller is almost UDFA talent. Because their stats in Baltimore are almost identical.

Of course the natural thing for a hugger is to bring up AW's stats with Dallas to discredit him. But if I bring up McNair's stats with Tennessee, I'm not being fair.

Keep chasing your tail FHR.
    Nice effort, but way off base as usual. Where did I ever say Boller should start over McNair?

You asked for inconsistencies is the way Haters judged Boller vs any other QB and I gave it to you.

You diminish the playoff game. That game did count, right? McNair did McChoke, right? All I ever heard from Haters was how Boller was keeping us from the SB and he should be lynched for it. McChoke blows the game and a likely 2nd SB for the Ravens and it's just one game. Hello!!! The playoffs are what really matters!! Who the fuck cares if McNair goes 16-0 and then blows another home playoff game.

And then you try to bring McNair rating? Please. Here's the only relevant comparison you can make: with the same team and players, last year McNair had rating of 82, Boller had a 104. Funny, isn't it? All I've said about Boller is that I'd like to see him get to play with some talent on offense rather than the dregs he had at early in his career. Low and behold, better talent, better numbers. Better than McNairs.

As far a AW goes, you and the other Haters continue to obsess on Bollers draft status. It's irrelevant. Fact, you and others thought AW was the QB we needed to make it to the SB. He was putrid and he was a veteran. Boller is improving. Deal with it.

I wish I had a psychology degree. The rage that the Haters fly into when anyone tries to say something positive about Boller is bizarre. No capacity to reason, no ability to see things objectively, just a blind, unthinking rage. It's mind boggling. Some of them are so obsessed (Tex) that he can't post anything in any thread with relating it Boller. I'm starting to remember why I gave up trying to educate them. They lose all higher level brain functions when the issue is Boller.

Oh yeah, I forgot this classic.

Again, you focus on one game with McNair when comparing him to Boller and ignore how much success he had with the same team, with a limited training camp and abbreviated playbook over the course of the season.
    So the Haters don't make excuses for QBs? I would have thought that a veteran like McNair would have caught on to the playbook and overcome missing some training camp by the playoffs. Sounds like an excuse to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    Nice effort, but way off base as usual. Where did I ever say Boller should start over McNair?
    When were we being specific to just you and me? We are generalizing huggers and haters. Obviously, you and the hugger clan believe Boller is the better QB. Why wouldn't you think he should start considering your beliefs?

You asked for inconsistencies is the way Haters judged Boller vs any other QB and I gave it to you.

You diminish the playoff game. That game did count, right? McNair did McChoke, right? All I ever heard from Haters was how Boller was keeping us from the SB and he should be lynched for it. McChoke blows the game and a likely 2nd SB for the Ravens and it's just one game. Hello!!! The playoffs are what really matters!! Who the fuck cares if McNair goes 16-0 and then blows another home playoff game.
    I didn't diminish shit. He played poorly, but Boller is not an improvement. Boller would fuck up the season let alone a playoff game. Sure, our D would more than likely get us to a 10-6 record, but that would be just good enough for a wild card road game. We all know how Boller performs on the road no matter the caliber of the team. McNair did choke against the Colts, but he's by far the Ravens best option, is he not?

And then you try to bring McNair rating? Please. Here's the only relevant comparison you can make: with the same team and players, last year McNair had rating of 82, Boller had a 104. Funny, isn't it? All I've said about Boller is that I'd like to see him get to play with some talent on offense rather than the dregs he had at early in his career. Low and behold, better talent, better numbers. Better than McNairs.
    You also left out "way fewer attempts to be worthy of comparison" and some serious luck against Carolina.

I knew your lame ass would bring up Boller's "amazing" 104 rating. Allow me to ignore the absurd circumstances that got Boller such a high rating and let me apply your hugger talent evaluation to the rest of the NFL.

*searches the QB ratings from last season*

Holy crap!! Ryan Longwell and Mewelde Moore were the best QBs in the NFL last year with both having ratings of 158.3!!!! Testeverde is back to form with a 137.5!!!! We should get him back!!!! Even AW outplayed Boller last year with a 109.7!!!! We should have never let him go!!! All of those guys are better than Boller and light years ahead of McNair!!!

*gets head out of clouds*

Boller had a total of 55 attempts last season. McNair had 486. Not a worthy comparison to a reasonable person. But since you are unreasonable, I played your game and and beat you at it. More evidence of the hugger double standard.

As far a AW goes, you and the other Haters continue to obsess on Bollers draft status. It's irrelevant. Fact, you and others thought AW was the QB we needed to make it to the SB. He was putrid and he was a veteran. Boller is improving. Deal with it.
    You're wrong. The argument was that AW was equal to or better than Boller for a fraction of the cost. And the stats show it. Boller is improving and I have no problem with that. But he's not at the level to be the starting QB of the Ravens. Deal with it.

I wish I had a psychology degree. The rage that the Haters fly into when anyone tries to say something positive about Boller is bizarre. No capacity to reason, no ability to see things objectively, just a blind, unthinking rage. It's mind boggling. Some of them are so obsessed (Tex) that he can't post anything in any thread with relating it Boller. I'm starting to remember why I gave up trying to educate them. They lose all higher level brain functions when the issue is Boller.
    I have a psychology minor. You huggers have text book cases of denial. When Boller performs horribly, you all say it isn't that bad and immediately pass the blame elsewhere. That's called denial of responsibility. Common with abused spouses.

You cherry pick your facts in which to put Boller in the same light as other top flight QBs and ignore his history of basement dwelling performances. That's called denial of fact. You omit the condemning evidence and remind others of the only evidence that will help your case. Common tactic used with defense attorneys.

You also like to downplay Boller's draft status and responsibility as the teams former starting/franchise QB. This is referred to as denial of impact. It's a mechanism used to minimize or eliminate guilt. Abusive parents usually use this tactic when first confronted with their mistakes and put the blame on their children first.

Of course the next logical move for you is to reject the overwhelming evidence I have just presented you (basic denial), or to discount the magnitude of the facts (minimization), or you will admit both the facts and their magnitude but pass the blame to someone or something else other than Boller (transference).

I did a research paper and presentation on denial for my sociology course. You all have it.:insane:

Oh yeah, I forgot this classic.

So the Haters don't make excuses for QBs? I would have thought that a veteran like McNair would have caught on to the playbook and overcome missing some training camp by the playoffs. Sounds like an excuse to me.
    That's not an excuse, it's a comparison in favor of McNair. He did more with less time implying that he is more talented.

An excuse would be along the lines of saying the INTs were not his fault because of his minimal TC time. No one has ever said anything like that.

The fact that he had limited time with the team and helped LEAD them to the best record in team history is enough of evidence to lobby that he deserves another chance despite of his showing in the playoffs.

Sigh.

I don't know what's sadder, that you can't see that you're doing everything that you accuse the Huggers of, or that you have a psych minor and you still aren't self aware enough to see it. This is why I gave up trying to educate you and the rest of Haters. It's like banging your head against the wall.

The Boller Hater rage of insanity goes on I guess. :insane:

What's sad is that you won't even try to argue the points I brought up when I at least respected your post and argued yours. It's clear the type of man you are.

I used your criteria and buried you with it. One easy example: You pointed out Boller's 2006 rating vs McNair's without giving regard to the unbalanced circumstances. I did the same and showed how many sub par QB's have better ratings as well.

Judging QBs in the way YOU had judged McNair vs Boller, I made you and anyone else pointing out that stat look like fools.

If you can't admit this truth, then you're bias is clear.

:insane:

Look, you asked for examples and I gave them to you. Then you proceeded to do EXACTLY what you accuse Huggers of doing and I pointed it out to you. And yet you still have your head buried in the sand. Why should I spend more time responding when you're proving my point?

I gave up spending a lot time trying to reason with the Boller-Ragers after they were proven wrong with their "AW is the savior" routine. Some people on these message boards have staked their online existence on the fact the Boller is the ultimate evil. To admit they are wrong would be too crippling. You're beyond help.

As far burying me When you get something right regarding this team, then perhaps you can use that term.

I used your criteria and buried you with it. One easy example: You pointed out Boller's 2006 rating vs McNair's without giving regard to the unbalanced circumstances. I did the same and showed how many sub par QB's have better ratings as well.

Judging QBs in the way YOU had judged McNair vs Boller, I made you and anyone else pointing out that stat look like fools.

If you can't admit this truth, then you're bias is clear.
    I should at least address this. So do QB ratings count or not? Because all I hear from Haters is selective use of it. Just like you did. It's okay to ignore good ratings, but we include the bad ones? Suddenly the CIRCUMSTANCES matter? Really? That's not what the Haters have been saying for years. If anyone mentioned a games CIRCUMSTANCES in support of Boller, why then he was just making excuses.

Are we allowed to count the GB and Minn games that Kyle played? Or should we selectively remove them as well?

Could you be more hypocritical?

I'd say you're the one with the bias issues.

I think of all the players in NFL Kyle Boller is probably the most hated one when it comes to his own fans. I don't think he is that bad, he has all the tools, and yeah I do believe he can help this team more than McNair now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter
    you need to start watching more football, like non-stop so you can see what a good QB looks like
    Great advice -- now look in a mirror and repeat it over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Since you are a fan of me, I will give you a pointer. If you think Boller isn't bad you need to start watching more football, like non-stop so you can see what a good QB looks like! :D
    I am your fan no doubt so thanks a lot for giving me a timely pointer, but I think I do watch a fair amount of football, and for me a good QB definitely does not look like Steve Mcnair (who is past his prime). He is nowhere near level of Manning, Palmer, and Brady, or you think he is better than all of these three guys?

I should at least address this. So do QB ratings count or not? Because all I hear from Haters is selective use of it. Just like you did.
    If we are playing by your rules it does. Under your rules, Boller's QB rating in '06 make him a better QB. However, under your rules AW is a better QB than Boller.

It's okay to ignore good ratings, but we include the bad ones? Suddenly the CIRCUMSTANCES matter? Really? That's not what the Haters have been saying for years. If anyone mentioned a games CIRCUMSTANCES in support of Boller, why then he was just making excuses.

Are we allowed to count the GB and Minn games that Kyle played? Or should we selectively remove them as well?

Could you be more hypocritical?

I'd say you're the one with the bias issues.
    Here's the problem with when you pick and choose what stats or ratings of Boller's to flaunt, you pretend the majority of the time that he played horribly doesn't matter. Example: Huggers want to nut up over the Minny and GB games, yet they conveniently forget about the eggs he layed in Cleveland right after, or the game in Jax, or in Denver.

What's next, you're going to point out that Boller had a rating of 95.8 for the month of November last season compared to McNair's 90.1 and then call us hypocrites for knit picking?

So again, you choose the rules. If you want to be selective about what games Boller has shined, then allow his critics to point out the games in which he embarrassed us. Because you know and I know, he has been more embarrassing than competent.

Another disparity, Boller looks awful the huggers come out in droves to defend him and basically wash away any blame that should go his way. However, with McNair playing like shit on Monday, I don't see any haters coming to McNair's aid in the same way the huggers have protected Boller. Why? Because we could see that he played badly.

Another example: Boller overthrows Kevin Johnson in an attempt to comeback against the Chiefs. KJ dives for the ball, and it bounces out of his outstretched hand. Haters: Boller should have thrown it better. Huggers: KJ should have caught it, it touched him in the hands. It's KJ's fault, not Bollers.
    McNair overthrows Mason in an attempt to comeback against the Bengals. Mason goes way up for the ball, it goes through his hands and gets picked.
    Huggers: It was a poor throw by McNair. Haters: It was a poor throw by McNair.

Where's the bias now?

And for the record, as bad as McNair played, he made completions that no other QB in the NFL could have made, and that is the reason I am willing to ride him out until he has nothing left.