Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That doesn't mean a CB can't contact a WR coming into his zone and, thus, be draped all over him.
    Well thats why we have Boldin, Pitta, and Smith, and most likely a new rookie for that. Jacoby is purely meant for stretching the field and giving the defense something to think about when he's on the field, he isn't supposed to be our go to guy in the clutch.

Blog Entries

I haven't listed mine yet, but here's my prediction right now:

Stays:
    Flacco, Reed, McKinnie, Kruger

Leaves:
    Birk, B Williams, Leach, Kemo, Ellerbe, Ayanbedajo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well thats why we have Boldin, Pitta, and Smith, and most likely a new rookie for that. Jacoby is purely meant for stretching the field and giving the defense something to think about when he's on the field, he isn't supposed to be our go to guy in the clutch.
    So why not bring in Moss who can be that guy in the clutch. If somebody gets hurt and you have to rely on Jones to be more of a factor, you are going to be disappointed. Whereas, Moss still garners more respect in coverage and can bring an element of unpredictability to your offense. Where, you don't know if he's the first read or Smith, or Boldin for that matter. You don't have that with Jones right now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

So why not bring in Moss who can be that guy in the clutch. If somebody gets hurt and you have to rely on Jones to be more of a factor, you are going to be disappointed. Whereas, Moss still garners more respect in coverage and can bring an element of unpredictability to your offense. Where, you don't know if he's the first read or Smith, or Boldin for that matter. You don't have that with Jones right now.
    Well I'm not sure if Moss is even clutch anymore lol, where was he in the SB?

Jacoby had two huge plays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well I'm not sure if Moss is even clutch anymore lol, where was he in the SB?

Jacoby had two huge plays.
    One on a completely blown coverage and one as a returner. I'm talking strictly as a WR. Moss didn't have Flacco throwing him the ball. he had Kaepernick and they were too busy fiddling with their pistol and trying to throw to Crabtree, because it was documented that Kaepernick struggles throwing to the intermediate-deep sidelines, where Moss is best. Coincidentally, that are is also were Flacco is best.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Moss was an afterthought. Jacoby is in his prime, no GM in their right mind would swap the two.

Blog Entries

One on a completely blown coverage and one as a returner. I'm talking strictly as a WR. Moss didn't have Flacco throwing him the ball. he had Kaepernick and they were too busy fiddling with their pistol and trying to throw to Crabtree, because it was documented that Kaepernick struggles throwing to the intermediate-deep sidelines, where Moss is best. Coincidentally, that are is also were Flacco is best.
    Actually, it wasn't a blown coverage. He just completely beat the CB. Jones made a quick move inside Culliver bit then pushed it up field and left him in the dust.

Did Jones not beat coverage to score what should have been the game sealing TD vs Philly? Did he not beat coverage vs the Pats to get a PI which set us up for the game winning FG? Not even going to mention the plays during the playoffs, and all of his ST's TD's. And you want to give that up for a retirement home player?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I've heard that before
    And you will keep hearing it.

Better hands
    Better in tight coverage
    Veteran presence
    Demands safety help
    Less expensive.

If you ask Jones to make the catch to win the game with a CB draped all over him he's not going to do it. Moss will. This offense would even ascend to another level. Jones is good in his 'role'. Jones wouldn't be nearly as good if he were the second, or even third passing option in this offense, on a consistent basis.
    Then why didn't they throw it to sure thing Moss to win the Super Bowl instead of going to Crabtree all night? What did Moss do in the Super Bowl that let you know he was even playing? It's almost as if you think he's still in his prime the way you speak greatness of him. Tom Brady made Moss's last comeback what it was. He hasn't done squat since leaving Brady!!! Jones left the Texans and helped the Ravens win the Super Bowl. I'll take the current WR's over Moss any day at this point in his career. I don't think any decent CB is scared of Moss anymore. He may be able to school a rookie or two, but most decent CB's can contain him. The stats you posted proves he's no longer a threat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Why we would even want Moss over Jones is beyond me??
    It's just 1 poster pushing for Moss. The 49ers aren't even interested in him coming back. The Ravens won't be calling.

Moss?? LOL. I would rather stick with a versatile, explosive WR/KR than a one trick pony, shell of his former shelf past his prime veteran on his last legs.

As for the intent of the thread, I say Cary Williams, Kruger, Mckinnie will be gone via (free agency). Bobbie Williams and Birk gone via retirement. Ellerbe, Reed, Leach and Boldin stay. In addition high tenders will be placed on Pitta and Dickson.