Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

Yeah, I just don't get the Moss love. Not only is he over the hill, but he only gives a half-assed effort when he is on the field.

Moss was still good enough to start for a SB team last year, but he is likely done.

There are some long time vets out there though that I can see replacing and even upgrading some of our losses. I think Freeney, Seymour and Osi are all worth a long look. Kruger had a heck of a run and I think he is a long time player in the NFL, but if he has to go, I can see Osi or Freeney matching his sack and pass rush production in the short term. The Ravens D can keep those guys out of run down situations the way they did with Kruger, and favorable 1 on 1 match ups. Seymore is is tough too. He may not get tot he QB, but I think he can still hold up in the DL rotation better than what we have and replace Redding and allow McPhee and Jones to rest some on run downs.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Yeah, I just don't get the Moss love. Not only is he over the hill, but he only gives a half-assed effort when he is on the field.
    Randy Moss: 28 catches, 434 yards, 15.5 avg, 3 TDs
    Jacoby Jones: 30 catches, 406 yards, 13.5 avg, 1 TD

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Randy Moss: 28 catches, 434 yards, 15.5 avg, 3 TDs
    Jacoby Jones: 30 catches, 406 yards, 13.5 avg, 1 TD
    I notice that you omitted Jones' punt/kickoff return TD's. OK, fine, I get you're comparing receiving stats. But Jacoby has more value to the Ravens than just as No. 3 WR.

In any case, when you have Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin ahead of you on the depth chart, it's not surprising you only get 30 catches at WR.

Finally, I would say that Jacoby, despite the occasional drop, does at least put forth the requisite effort when he's on the field.

So, if asked to choose whether I would rather have Jacoby Jones or Randy "Legend in his Own Mind" Moss on my team in 2013, it's not even close.

Blog Entries

Ozzie wouldn't even take a phone call from Randy Moss

I have a feeling Kruger stays. Suggs is making 6.5 million next year, Kruger isn't getting more than that anywhere else (obviously unless some team over pays). Every interview I've seen Kruger do postSB he's saying "I want to stay in Baltimore, I love Baltimore". I know that doesn't mean anything, but he seems genuine and I think he knows that if he re-signs here on a reasonable 2-3 year contract and keeps his performance up, he'll get a big contract from us.

Blog Entries

I love the idea of Jake Long. I also like the idea of Moss, depending on what he'd sign for. I don't like the idea of keeping Leach, though. And I think I'd go with Jones over Boldin. Can you imagine a lineup of Moss, Smith, and Jones, with an O-line that could hold? (I'd also like to see Birk retire but it would require the addition of another center.) It would be unstoppable, especially with Rice/Pierce/Rainey in the backfield.

The reality is, the Ravens have some tough decisions to make this year, and it will affect the team's composition and success for years to come. For me, it all begins with not re-signing Ed Reed and Vonta Leach. We'll just have to wait and see how it all works out.
    The only issue that I see with that lineup is that Jones is not really a slot guy and Moss is not really a slot guy. When we went three wide, we saw more of Boldin moving inside, the way Webb does on defense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Why waste the money on Randy Moss when you have Boldin slated as staying? Moss won't be needed, not that he would be needed if ANY of the WR's left. Moss is done!!
    I've heard that before
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The only issue that I see with that lineup is that Jones is not really a slot guy and Moss is not really a slot guy. When we went three wide, we saw more of Boldin moving inside, the way Webb does on defense.
    True that. But Jones would be cheaper than Boldin, and could play slot. Or a TE could line up in the slot. But as GOTA pointed out, it's highly unlikely that Ozzie would go for Moss. I really wanted him last year for the vet minimum and the offense that Cameron ran, and he certainly didn't dog it at S.F. He was playing behind Davis and Crabtree, and put up comparable stats to Jones who played behind Smith and Boldin. He was the right player at the right price in 2012. Whether he's the right player for the right price this year depends on his price. But he's tall, quick, and holds onto the ball.

Stay :

Flacco signs a 6 year 111 million deal (18.5 a year)
    Ellerbe
    Reed
    Jones
    McKinnie
    Boldin

Gone :

C. Williams
    Leeeech
    David Reed
    Birk
    Kruger --- although I hope he realizes he can't be the number 1 pass rusher on a team
    Jameel McClain
    Koch

Free-Agent Surprise :

Bart Scott or Freeny
    Last edited by helloharv; 02-18-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Blog Entries

True that. But Jones would be cheaper than Boldin, and could play slot. Or a TE could line up in the slot. But as GOTA pointed out, it's highly unlikely that Ozzie would go for Moss. I really wanted him last year for the vet minimum and the offense that Cameron ran, and he certainly didn't dog it at S.F. He was playing behind Davis and Crabtree, and put up comparable stats to Jones who played behind Smith and Boldin. He was the right player at the right price in 2012. Whether he's the right player for the right price this year depends on his price. But he's tall, quick, and holds onto the ball.
    I do know that Ozzie has inquired about Moss in the past. He actually wanted to trade for Randy Moss when Minnesota first put him on the trade block. Moss actually wanted to come to Baltimore. Now, as GOTA pointed out, playing for Brian Billick probably had a lot to do with that. However, Minnesota wouldn't send him here and sent him to Oakland, out of spite if you ask me.

I didn't like the match of Moss and Smith (Alex), because Smith doesn't have the arm to get it to Moss. Kaepernick does, but for some reason he and the organization liked Crabtree. Moss was really coming in as the third WR, when I don't think he was the third best WR on that squad.

If Ozzie can call Bryant McKinnie's agent, I think he can inquire about Randy Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I do know that Ozzie has inquired about Moss in the past. He actually wanted to trade for Randy Moss when Minnesota first put him on the trade block. Moss actually wanted to come to Baltimore. Now, as GOTA pointed out, playing for Brian Billick probably had a lot to do with that. However, Minnesota wouldn't send him here and sent him to Oakland, out of spite if you ask me.

I didn't like the match of Moss and Smith (Alex), because Smith doesn't have the arm to get it to Moss. Kaepernick does, but for some reason he and the organization liked Crabtree. Moss was really coming in as the third WR, when I don't think he was the third best WR on that squad.

If Ozzie can call Bryant McKinnie's agent, I think he can inquire about Randy Moss.
    I really don't understand all the negativity on this board surrounding Moss. He basically said last year he was willing to show teams he could still play, and that's exactly what he did -- and for a very low entry fee.