Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

I just can't picture Randy Moss in a Ravens uniform in my wildest dreams. Is there a basis for thinking this could happen?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I just can't picture Randy Moss in a Ravens uniform in my wildest dreams. Is there a basis for thinking this could happen?
    None at all except in OP's dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Sure they would but at 9 mil a year?
    Absolutely not! Here's hoping that no other team overpays Kruger.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    whos the better overall player?
    Toss-up as to value. Suggs has been just average as run or pass defender. Suggs, with his DPOY and greater experience than Kruget notwithstanding, is headed into the twilight of his career.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Never going to happen. Not the kind of player Ozzie or Harbaugh wants. Moreover, he is over the hill.

Huh? :grbac: Either guy would provide a large upgrade to the Bengals Defense.

Here's hoping that no one nibbles at Kruger's $9 million suggestion and he winds up back in purple. I wouldn't want to cut Suggs, but, right now, Kruger is the better pass rusher.
    The Bengals already have pass rush. They can't stop the run. Kruger won't help that. Cary might help. He might need to be in a zone D.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    CincyCat, there happens to be plenty of basis, upon which it could be thought to happen.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

In previous years, it made more sense. Now, as cap strapped as we are, I wouldn't go out and make that deal. Otherwise, I'd be on board.

Which is funny because the years when we had the cap for that, I was against it because he was a headcase.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Bengals already have pass rush. They can't stop the run. Kruger won't help that. Cary might help. He might need to be in a zone D.
    Which is why I'm more worried about them grabbing Ellerbe.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I wouldn't want to cut Suggs, but, right now, Kruger is the better pass rusher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Kruger isn't shit without Suggs on the other side.
    These two statements are polar extremes and in reality he falls somewhere inbetween.

Hes played well without suggs and/or an injured ineffective suggs so hes shown to be able to handle the pass rushing duties himself, but when Suggs is healthy, theres no question hes a better pass rusher than Kruger currently, imo. Krugers possibly most valuable trait is that hes still trending upwards. Somebody may gamble that he has an even better year or two ahead of him before plateauing. I think if youre counting out Suggs as the best passrusher youre letting this injury plagued year be the deciding factor rather than 9 years of prior production. at 30 years old id concede that hes probably on the downside of his career, but that doesnt mean hes still not currently better.

Stays:
    Flacco
    Ellerbe
    Pitta
    Ed Dickson
    Jones
    Ed Reed
    McKinnie
    Harewood
    Ihedigbo
    McBean
    Cook
    David Reed

Goes:
    Birk
    Kruger
    Cary Williams
    Bobbie Williams
    Leach
    Kemoeatu
    Bajema
    Considine
    Brown
    chris Johnson

additions would just be a complete shot in the dark at this point.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 02-14-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    -JAB

Stays:
    Boldin
    Jones
    McKinnie
    Ellerbe

Leaves:
    Leach
    Birk
    Reed
    Kruger
    Williams

Arrives:
    Some low price veteran dline and ILB help.

At least this is what I am hoping will happen.

Flacco gets his big-money deal and does not have to pay for the franchise tag this season. The FO is smart enough to realize that short of a serious injury, his leverage is not going back down over the course of just one year. He's earned his money. Pay him and move on.

Boldin receives a well-deserved extension for 2-3 more years beyond this one that lowers his cap number. He probably doesn't play out the whole thing, but it keeps him in purple until his retirement.

Jacoby Jones can't come to terms on an extension with the Ravens, but is retained at his current cap number for this season rather than being released.

Vonta Leach is extended for another 2-3 years at reasonable salary numbers. Alternately, he is released, and doesn't find as much of a market for his services as he thought... possibly returning to the Ravens at that point, possibly just moving on. Of all the names on the list, this is the one I'm most unsure about.

Pitta receives a second-round RFA tender, Dickson an original-round RFA tender, and both remain for this season. We take a TE on the draft's third day.

Bryant McKinnie seeks too much money and goes elsewhere. The Ravens draft a prospect at LT within the first three rounds, and may also sign a low-cost veteran to fill the spot from another team's FAs. Oher and Osemele are kept in their current positions for next season, barring injuries forcing a shuffle.

Matt Birk retires and Gino Gradkowski takes his spot.

Art Jones is given an original-round tender and gets signed by another team, departing in free agency. Pernell McPhee sees more playing time, mixed with other big bodies at low costs to fill this spot. It proves to be a glaring weakness over the course of the season.

Kemoeatu retires. Terrence Cody returns as the starting NT, unless the Ravens are able to take Jesse Williams or another NT prospect in the first couple rounds.

Paul Kruger and Dannell Ellerbe are signed by other teams. Jameel McClain is released for cap/health reasons. Suggs, Upshaw, a rookie ILB, and a veteran castoff from another team make up our starting ILB corps.

Brendan Ayanbadejo is released, possibly re-signing for less money, possibly signing elsewhere, possibly retiring. Not really sure on him.

Cary Williams signs for way too much money somewhere else and is immediately pilloried by his new team's fans. Webb returns strong enough from his ACL tear to contribute.

Ed Reed signs with another team after the Ravens fail to make a market offer for his services. A rookie takes over his spot at FS, possibly sharing time with Christian Thompson and/or James Ihedigbo there.

The Ravens sign a couple of ST-level veterans from other teams who turn out to be able to contribute as backups on defense as well.

The team continues its strong offensive production, though its defense lags. Shootouts become common. Joe Flacco's stats start to fall in line with other elite QBs as he finally spends more second halves throwing the ball around instead of guarding a 20-6 lead. The Ravens finish 11-5 to win the division over the Bengals, winning at least one playoff game in defense of their title. Beyond that... I won't venture a guess :)

Can't have enough oline depth.....it was the oline that stepped up with Joe and the WRs.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Who stays imo: Flacco is going to get payed but not a lot as people think he will. Boldin will restructure and stay for 3 years. Jacoby aka jay boogie will remain with the team he is to valuable for them and not to mention the return game. Leach same said about boldin. Pitta will get tendered. Big mac may get a 1 year deal. Art Jones same I said about pitta. Ellerbe I think is comming back no way we are going thinner in the lb corps. The ones who are leaving: Cary is going to play where a team throw more money at hun same with kruger. Birk going to retire. Same with ed but I hope he comes back. James iilaghedo however you spell his name he is 50 50. BA may retire