Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

Guess start with the certainties:

Flacco's getting re-signed, though I fear the tag'll have to be used in some form. 6 yrs/115 mil region, though it'd be nice if it ends up being more 110mil. Overpaying a bit from outset, but it'll prove itself to be a good deal later on. The Ravens do tend to leave these things to the 'are you sure I turned the gas off?' sitting in the car before going away for two weeks moment. Perhaps they'll make an exception in this case.

Cary and Kruger are gone and have basically been since the confetti starting falling. Question for them is to whom and for how much. Think we're good without them. CB's our main strength on D, though will need some depth adding to it. OLB pass rush is difficult to replace, but we've got prospects in McPhee, Jones, Hamilton and before we forget, McAdoo.

After that, it gets sketchy. The more likelies would have Birk retiring, though he might drag his feet. Bobbie may end up being cut, then retiring. Kemo may be in the same boat, but might return on a vet min if the Ravens can pull it off post-draft. BA will remain for this year, I think.

Ellerbe stays, I think. ILBs seem to be the easiest to retain and the Ravens tend to at least keep one of these type of guys per year regardless of cap situation. Ed's in the air, can't make a guess. I lean toward him staying, though it'll be close - Pats and Saints'll make a run. Ed knows he won't win with the Colts.

McKinnie doesn't return - despite his play, his motivation is too off. I think the playoffs were an exception to the rule. He'll go to whomever will pay him the most. As said above, Kemo goes and along with guys like Johnson, McBean and Bajema. Ihedigbo and Considine end up coming back for another 1 yr contract.

Now to the cuts. The Ravens do not retain all 3 EFA RBs and think they'll let Allen go as he'll now be on the 555k. Might let Levine go if they keep the above 2 safeties.

Emmanuel Cook gets the cut and re-signed treatment for the RFAs. Pitta does get an extension, surprising us all, but this happens in the summer after getting 2nd rd tender. Art Jones also gets 2nd rd. Everyone else is original tender except Harewood who is released. Considering how Harbs likes his STs bedded in, Morgan Cox may end up getting a contract for a couple of years to save a minimal amount.

Anquan gets an extension, but only for a year or two. Jacoby doesn't. Vonta does end up leaving as he ends up as the odd man out - partly because Pierce has turned out quite well and we've just seen the two RB backfield set. We'll be seeing that a fair bit more next year. Sizzle or Ngata gets restructured, though only one of them. Undecided on what to do with Oher. Part of me is happy to let him leave next year. Part of me would rather get him signed now and don't overpay next year. Jameel stays as it doesn't make much sense to cut him now.

They bring in a couple of bit part FAs at first, maybe one notable post-draft depending how it shakes down.

Call me crazy, but does anyone know the scoop on Nick Barnett from Buffalo?
    I was thinking he is a vet tackling machine, who can cover TEs and would look really nice next to Ellerbe.
    Draft Georgia's Jenkins, the 360 pound NG/DT to put next to Ngata and we have plugged up our inside run defense AND cover linebackers to boot. Just a thought.

Charles Woodson will be released by Green Bay. Says he wants to play for a contender. If we lose Ed Reed maybe we can pick up Woodso for cheap. The Packers would move him to FS occasionally during the season. He could be a DB/FS hybrid like Ronde Barber.

Again only if he comes cheap.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

New addition to my who arrives list: Jake Long!!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'd rather have Willie Beatty from New York if we're talking about OTs, he had a much better year than Long, and yet will likely come cheaper.

I wanna take a reallll good look at Barnett. I love vets with no injury conceners (played all 16 the last 2 years and is 31). He can tackle and has above average speed for coverage. Cheaper alternative to Ellerbe who I think will get overpaid. Rather have Barnett and a rookie like Minter, Reddick or Kirk Alonso

I'm really concerned about the OL. Best case scenario is Mckinnie comes back for cheap and molds a player like Brennan Williams

Blog Entries
    Beatty would be nice. Not sure about that though.

I like the idea of Nick Barnett. He isnt flashy, but he has always been solid.

Still want to keep our own though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'd rather have Willie Beatty from New York if we're talking about OTs, he had a much better year than Long, and yet will likely come cheaper.
    Yes, I think he would be a great addition. I think it's a longshot because other teams can pay him significantly more than we can.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Stays:
    Boldin
    Leach
    Ellerbe

Goes:
    Reed
    Kruger
    Williams
    Jones
    Birk
    McKinnie

Arrives:
    Randy Moss!!!
    Jake Long!!!
    I love the idea of Jake Long. I also like the idea of Moss, depending on what he'd sign for. I don't like the idea of keeping Leach, though. And I think I'd go with Jones over Boldin. Can you imagine a lineup of Moss, Smith, and Jones, with an O-line that could hold? (I'd also like to see Birk retire but it would require the addition of another center.) It would be unstoppable, especially with Rice/Pierce/Rainey in the backfield.

The reality is, the Ravens have some tough decisions to make this year, and it will affect the team's composition and success for years to come. For me, it all begins with not re-signing Ed Reed and Vonta Leach. We'll just have to wait and see how it all works out.

Blog Entries

Leach still has a year left on his contract, he is talked about as a potential cap casualty, not someone we should/shouldn't re-sign.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Beatty would be nice. Not sure about that though.

I like the idea of Nick Barnett. He isnt flashy, but he has always been solid.

Still want to keep our own though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    At first, I was totally against Nick Barnett, but now I've kind of bought into that potential somewhat. He'd be a very solid stop gap paired up with a talented rookie. Its not like the Bills cut him because he was majorly declining, he's still a very solid player, and would instantly be our best coverage LB. Pair him up with a Arthur Brown, and that is some incredible speed in the middle, and the perfect duo to cover the likes of Grontkowski.

I'm all for a continued youth movement, but you still need some grey hairs on defense in this division, it would be bad to lose Reed and Lewis in the same year and not replace them with at least one vet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Stays:
    Boldin
    Leach
    Ellerbe

Goes:
    Reed
    Kruger
    Williams
    Jones
    Birk
    McKinnie

Arrives:
    Randy Moss!!!
    Jake Long!!!
    Why waste the money on Randy Moss when you have Boldin slated as staying? Moss won't be needed, not that he would be needed if ANY of the WR's left. Moss is done!!