Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bolts had 2 weeks to prepare for us

"As for having the wind to our back in Cleveland in the 4th quarter, what about the other half of the game where the wind was in our face? Or was the wind only a factor in the final 2 minutes of the game? I'm not a meteorologist, but...you get the point."

Well did Stover make a 52 yard field goal at any other point in that game?

And also...Marty plays Marty ball and beats lessor teams...but chokes in the playoffs because he is too conservative. I'm not a huge Shanahan fan, but he woulda stepped on our throats today...no way he sits on a 6 point lead like Shottenheimer did. The fact that they missed a FG and botched a snap on one is moot, because with a different, ballsier coach with a killer instinct, they score at LEAST another touchdown this game and put it out of reach well before McNair had a chance to complete the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    "As for having the wind to our back in Cleveland in the 4th quarter, what about the other half of the game where the wind was in our face? Or was the wind only a factor in the final 2 minutes of the game? I'm not a meteorologist, but...you get the point."

Well did Stover make a 52 yard field goal at any other point in that game?
    Does the ball not go into the air unless it is kicked for a field goal?

And also...Marty plays Marty ball and beats lessor teams...but chokes in the playoffs because he is too conservative.
    I guess coaching 21 years with 2 losing seasons is irrelevant when those pesky playoffs are still 3 1/2 months away from us.

I'm not a huge Shanahan fan, but he woulda stepped on our throats today...no way he sits on a 6 point lead like Shottenheimer did.
    And Mike Martz, Bill Walsh, Bill Cowher, Bud Grant and Hank Stram would've...done something else.

I kinda look at it the other way--Wilcox fumbles a touchdown and Mason drops another. The only touchdown San Diego scores is where Rolle falls down. I think it could have been a blow ou the other way.

The bottom line is, if the Chargers handle the second half differently, the Ravens would have had to change as well. There's no real way of knowing what would have happened.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

We had a off day and still beat their A--.

Blog Entries

#1 - I bet you Dr. Z will still drop us in the Power Rankings, saying we only won on a fluke drive. Also, the Chargers will go up, because they were winning most of the game.

#2 - The difference between McNair and Boller...Boller would not finish that drive at the end. That's about it. McNair is a clutch QB, but he's just as mistake prone as Boller. Hopefully soon, this offense will spark so we can have something closer to the McNair of 2003.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Does the ball not go into the air unless it is kicked for a field goal?

I guess coaching 21 years with 2 losing seasons is irrelevant when those pesky playoffs are still 3 1/2 months away from us.

And Mike Martz, Bill Walsh, Bill Cowher, Bud Grant and Hank Stram would've...done something else.
    Well seeing as how none of them are the coach that we play next week, it is irrelevant...but yes...any of those coaches in the same game and we are down by 14-20 going in to the fourth quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    I kinda look at it the other way--Wilcox fumbles a touchdown and Mason drops another. The only touchdown San Diego scores is where Rolle falls down. I think it could have been a blow ou the other way.

The bottom line is, if the Chargers handle the second half differently, the Ravens would have had to change as well. There's no real way of knowing what would have happened.
    My sentiments exactly. I hate hearing on the radio "We should play Crenell or Schotenheimer" every week. The game is dynamic. F*** the 'woulda' 'coulda' 'shoulda'. This team won two close games. Cleveland always plays us hard. and the Chargers are a good team. The way the game played out (Mason dropped pass, Wilcox fumble) changes the game and made it closer.

This was a great win for the Ravens.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

9. Re: Bolts had 2 weeks to prepare for us

Actually Sunday night football pregame did a whole segment on the Ravens Chargers game, so we did get some respect. It hasnt been pretty but its alot easier to get to 10-6 when you are 4-0.