Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bolts had 2 weeks to prepare for us

They had 2 weeks to come up with that cute no-huddle offense too.

Two. Freaking. Weeks.

And still no dice.

In other words, quit yer bitchin'.

Admit it. This Ravens team gets the job done. O-Line this, McNair that, Mike Flynn this, 4 and 0 that. Believe it bitch!

Re: Bolts had 2 weeks to prepare for us

Denver will have also had 2 weeks to prepare for us. However I feel better about that game than I did about this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisQ View Post
    Denver will have also had 2 weeks to prepare for us. However I feel better about that game than I did about this one.
    When we kick Denver's ass, they still won't respect us. Notice how they didn't mention us in the 2nd half of the Bears game when they went to Collinsworth to give his impression of this week's games. No respect. And you know what? That's a good thing. We're going to snakebite motherfuckers this year. All year.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    They had 2 weeks to come up with that cute no-huddle offense too.

Two. Freaking. Weeks.

And still no dice.

In other words, quit yer bitchin'.

Admit it. This Ravens team gets the job done. O-Line this, McNair that, Mike Flynn this, 4 and 0 that. Believe it bitch!
    They also have Marty Schottenheimer coaching...which is precisely why the Ravens were able to escape with a W today.

McNair bashers in ....3.....2....1

They also have Marty Schottenheimer coaching...which is precisely why the Ravens were able to escape with a W today
    Am I on the Chargers board? Why are we now making excuses for the Chargers?

We're all Charger fans next week!

Blog Entries

They also have Marty Schottenheimer coaching...which is precisely why the Ravens were able to escape with a W today.
    And don't forget The Wind was our MVP too. And Joboo, the voodoo God kept our footballs warm.

Have you ever seen the Ravens legitimately win a football game in your history as a fan? Survey says "no."

Should be interesting to see which Jake shows up, Jake the Snake...or Jakle the Mistake.

We're all Charger fans next week!
    And they are rooting for us. Interesting turn, no?

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    And don't forget The Wind was our MVP too. And Joboo, the voodoo God kept our footballs warm.

Have you ever seen the Ravens legitimately win a football game in your history as a fan? Survey says "no."
    Every win in the NFL is legitamte...but let's not get toof ar ahead of ourselves...if Mike Shanahan was coaching the team we played today, we lost by 30...Schottenheimer simply doesn't have that killer instinct.

And saying the wind was our MVP was not taking anything away from our accomplishment of winning in Cleveland. I was just saying thank god that we had the wind at our back for that kick because the same wind in our face and a 52 yarder is more than a dream. Even you can't argue that.

Blog Entries

Shanahan isn't 33 points better than Schottenheimer in a single game. In fact, Martyball has only seen 2 losing seasons in the 21 years of Marty being a head coach in the NFL. So you really don't have much to run with on this one.

As for having the wind to our back in Cleveland in the 4th quarter, what about the other half of the game where the wind was in our face? Or was the wind only a factor in the final 2 minutes of the game? I'm not a meteorologist, but...you get the point.

"As for having the wind to our back in Cleveland in the 4th quarter, what about the other half of the game where the wind was in our face? Or was the wind only a factor in the final 2 minutes of the game? I'm not a meteorologist, but...you get the point."

Well did Stover make a 52 yard field goal at any other point in that game?

And also...Marty plays Marty ball and beats lessor teams...but chokes in the playoffs because he is too conservative. I'm not a huge Shanahan fan, but he woulda stepped on our throats today...no way he sits on a 6 point lead like Shottenheimer did. The fact that they missed a FG and botched a snap on one is moot, because with a different, ballsier coach with a killer instinct, they score at LEAST another touchdown this game and put it out of reach well before McNair had a chance to complete the drive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    "As for having the wind to our back in Cleveland in the 4th quarter, what about the other half of the game where the wind was in our face? Or was the wind only a factor in the final 2 minutes of the game? I'm not a meteorologist, but...you get the point."

Well did Stover make a 52 yard field goal at any other point in that game?
    Does the ball not go into the air unless it is kicked for a field goal?

And also...Marty plays Marty ball and beats lessor teams...but chokes in the playoffs because he is too conservative.
    I guess coaching 21 years with 2 losing seasons is irrelevant when those pesky playoffs are still 3 1/2 months away from us.

I'm not a huge Shanahan fan, but he woulda stepped on our throats today...no way he sits on a 6 point lead like Shottenheimer did.
    And Mike Martz, Bill Walsh, Bill Cowher, Bud Grant and Hank Stram would've...done something else.

I kinda look at it the other way--Wilcox fumbles a touchdown and Mason drops another. The only touchdown San Diego scores is where Rolle falls down. I think it could have been a blow ou the other way.

The bottom line is, if the Chargers handle the second half differently, the Ravens would have had to change as well. There's no real way of knowing what would have happened.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."