Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Aaron Wilson Sun Chat (long read)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I just want Terrence Knighton and Kevin Minter, they could really help fix our front 7.
    Never count on a rookie. Fans were counting the sacks that Kindle was going to get when he was drafted. Last year was tremendous for rookies but you can't plan on one coming in and filling a hole.

Blog Entries

Is Aaron Wilson implying that the status of Ed Reed hinges on the contract negotiations of the QB he openly criticized?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think that Ed Reed is gone. Initially, I felt that the Ravens would offer him more than any other team, out of respect and reputation, more than anything. However, I can't see Ozzie paying seven million or more for the production they got out of Reed last year. While he does still scare opposing QBs, he missed way too many tackles last year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Never count on a rookie. Fans were counting the sacks that Kindle was going to get when he was drafted. Last year was tremendous for rookies but you can't plan on one coming in and filling a hole.
    Who else are we going to count on? KO and Pierce seemed to do fine replacing the players we lost (Grubbs and Williams).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think that Ed Reed is gone. Initially, I felt that the Ravens would offer him more than any other team, out of respect and reputation, more than anything. However, I can't see Ozzie paying seven million or more for the production they got out of Reed last year. While he does still scare opposing QBs, he missed way too many tackles last year.
    No one is paying 7 million for Ed Reed.

I still think Ed retires. Once the grind of the preparing for the season starts to rear it's ugly head and he starts thinking about his son asking him why are you leaving again... I think he hangs it up.

If not, I think he comes back to the Ravens as what he'll command based on his skills by another team will be something that's affordable to us to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Nobody is paying Reed 7 million. If they get Flacco signed before the deadline, I think there's a good shot that Reed is re-signed. It all hinges on Flacco's contract negotiations. If we are forced to use the exclusive tender, expect to be out of free agency, expect nobody to be re-signed other than ERFAs and one or two RFAs (Pitta and Art Jones), and expect many to be cut (Boldin, Jacoby, Leach, Birk, Williams).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

I still think Ed retires. Once the grind of the preparing for the season starts to rear it's ugly head and he starts thinking about his son asking him why are you leaving again... I think he hangs it up.

If not, I think he comes back to the Ravens as what he'll command based on his skills by another team will be something that's affordable to us to.
    :word

Blog Entries

Not to whizz in anyone's cornflakes, but folks should read this content while they can--the OP has C&P'd a lot more from the Sun website than the 3 paragraphs customarily considered the max for fair use. I expect Tony will (at a minimum) edit out most of the text & replace it with a link to the original to head off any legal problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

I agree. What does he have to prove? He's a HoF'er already.

I think the incentive for Reed to return is a lot less now that he has his ring. Where is he supposed to go from here? I expect him to take a fat paycheck with the Colts or Saints and I wouldn't blame him for trying to cash in before he hangs it up.

$1.8 million in dead money for Billy Cundiff
    That stings a little bit . . .

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That stings a little bit . . .
    The dead money or Billy Cundiff? That dead money is just a blip on the radar screen. No sting their in my opinion but watch last year's AFC championship yeah that one stings...and that's why I have yet to rewatch that game or kick.