Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Aaron Wilson Sun Chat (long read)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    To me it sounded clear Ed was thinking he wouldn't be back in football with another shot at a ring. Although you could certainly believe he meant that the two of them wouldn't have another shot together. Or that Ed was just pessimistic that the Ravens would be back before he retired. Still, it made me think at the time I heard it, "oh, Ed already has his retirement mapped out."
    I think he was just referring to them together because Ray was retiring, not necessarily that he was also retiring or not going back to the SB.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Because Ed already got a ring, I can see him just taking the money and running.

I'm sure some teams that could be in the hunt come January will be looking at the guy (Patriots, Saints, Texans, Niners, etc).

However, I could totally see the guy going to a team like the Bucs or Jets because they throw a ton of money at him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I hold no ill will to Ed if he leaves for a chunk of cash, I would do the same. He gave us awesome years, helped being us the Lombardi back. Anytime I feel bad over the players we may lose, I just look to this - XLVII SUPER BOWL CHAMPION BALTIMORE RAVENS!

As for idiots on the radio that bitch that Flacco is asking to much, that people pay these guys, no we don't. Last time I checked, no where in my last pay stub was there a deduction to Joe Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I hold no ill will to Ed if he leaves for a chunk of cash, I would do the same. He gave us awesome years, helped being us the Lombardi back. Anytime I feel bad over the players we may lose, I just look to this - XLVII SUPER BOWL CHAMPION BALTIMORE RAVENS!

As for idiots on the radio that bitch that Flacco is asking to much, that people pay these guys, no we don't. Last time I checked, no where in my last pay stub was there a deduction to Joe Flacco.
    I think some people around here have some sort of defensive complex from always having a stronger defensive team. If the Ravens want to pay an offensive player a lot of money, they throw a temper tantrum.

this team has a lot of opportunity to improve. the interior defensive line was awful except for nghata and the linebacking position was lacking as well.

that being said the challenge for this team will be to somehow come close to the intensity and drive it showed in 2012. its been over a week and i am still fired up about last season. the thing that fires me up wasn't joe's play or the defensive stand but the team unity that the ravens exemplified.

harbaugh will need a PHD in psychology to duplicate last years effort and intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    this team has a lot of opportunity to improve. the interior defensive line was awful except for nghata and the linebacking position was lacking as well.

that being said the challenge for this team will be to somehow come close to the intensity and drive it showed in 2012. its been over a week and i am still fired up about last season. the thing that fires me up wasn't joe's play or the defensive stand but the team unity that the ravens exemplified.

harbaugh will need a PHD in psychology to duplicate last years effort and intensity.
    I mentioned in another thread that Harbaugh won't have his wingman (Ray Lewis) next year to get all the ducks in a row. Sure we'll have different leaders next year (Flacco, Suggs, Ngata etc) but Ray leaves a huge leadership vacuum. It will be interesting to see how Harbaugh steps up his leadership but damn if he hasn't done enough already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    ... harbaugh will need a PHD in psychology to duplicate last years effort and intensity.
    What about 2011? We lost by one dropped pass, and it is always hard to duplicate the effort a team needs to get back up to that level of intensity again. Harbs did it, and won the Super Bowl. I have no problem seeing the 2013 Ravens making the playoffs (and beyond) again... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    What about 2011? We lost by one dropped pass, and it is always hard to duplicate the effort a team needs to get back up to that level of intensity again. Harbs did it, and won the Super Bowl. I have no problem seeing the 2013 Ravens making the playoffs (and beyond) again... Bc
    Few teams ever recover from a blown opportunity like the dropped pass in 2011. Heck, they blew it in 2010 too, squandering a 21-7 lead to the Steelers. IMO, in both years they were the best team in football and didn't get it done. That makes the 2012 season all the more remarkable. Clearly the team was now in transition, with the defense significantly weaker, and the offense starting to pick up the slack. By season's end, when they finally got the right pieces in place, and guys got healthy, they were unstoppable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Did you notice on one of the Super Bowl replay shows (SFX?) there was a shot of Ray and Ed on the sideline as the lead was being cut into and Ed says to Ray something to the effect of "this is our last shot, our last ride."?

To me it sounded clear Ed was thinking he wouldn't be back in football with another shot at a ring. Although you could certainly believe he meant that the two of them wouldn't have another shot together. Or that Ed was just pessimistic that the Ravens would be back before he retired. Still, it made me think at the time I heard it, "oh, Ed already has his retirement mapped out."
    Ed Reed to Ray Lewis "We love to play D! This is it for me and you. This is it for us!"

He was just acknowledging that it was the last game him and Ray would play together. Nothing more, nothing less. 11 years those two have been playing together.

From everything Reed has said since the SB, he wants to stay here. You could see the effect that parade had on him. I am of the mindset that if Reed really wanted to get some kind of huge contract, he would have an agent, right? Reed is a different kind of guy, he speaks his mind, lives in a modest neighborhood in Owings Mills. I think there are more important things to him than money. He is already set for life. I would not be surprised one bit if he finishes it with the ravens.