Blog Entries

Ok, who is going to write the book or screenplay about the Ravens 2012 season?

This is Joseph Heller stuff right here. The hero's journey complete with twists, turns and surprises from out of nowhere. Is there somebody that is talented enough and was embedded enough with the team to write the book about the 2012 season? Aaron Wilson?

Re: Ok, who is going to write the book or screenplay about the Ravens 2012 season?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    This is Joseph Heller stuff right here. The hero's journey complete with twists, turns and surprises from out of nowhere. Is there somebody that is talented enough and was embedded enough with the team to write the book about the 2012 season? Aaron Wilson?
    Wild guess...NFL films??

Blog Entries
    It's coming out on DVD march 5th by nfl films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ok, who is going to write the book or screenplay about the Ravens 2012 season?

Can't wait - oughtta be a lot of fun to re-live all the great moments and Ray's 'last ride'.

Blog Entries

IIRC the Blight-For-All has its own book out already (or at least they're taking orders for it). If it's anything like the one they did for SB35, it's a hack c&p job of their post-game reporting with a half-assed intro. And that would make it worth waiting for--worth waiting for the overstock to hit the B&N bargain rack at 70% off, that is.

NFL Films will do its thing, but face it--no one outside of the Ravens fanbase cares, & there ain't enough of us. The rest of the league would rather just forget it happened. Win a couple more in the next few years & maybe that'll change. Maybe. Don't hold your breath though.

Blog Entries

I think Nestor said on Twitter he is writing a book.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Unfortunately not John Steadman - RIP!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's coming out on DVD march 5th by nfl films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be warned, that's more of a "clip" DVD. You will see mostly highlight reels from games, and some locker room type stuff.

America's Game should be coming out in September, THAT is when the story of this team will really get told.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

If it's a book I would recommend Walter Isaacson. He did Steve Jobs biography and it was excellent, IMHO.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    If it's a book I would recommend Walter Isaacson. He did Steve Jobs biography and it was excellent, IMHO.
    Isaacson would be a great pick. Met him once. Nice guy.

I guess I will wait for America's Game then. But this season has too many storylies for 46 minites though. Just think:

2011 season AFCCG/Lee Evans/Billy Cundiff/Ray's post game speech
    Sizzle's Achilles
    Ray Rice's contract
    Tucker over Cundiff in camp
    Signing Jacoby Jones
    Art's passing
    Torrey's tragedy and subsequent game
    Webby and Ray go down as Ravens escape Dallas
    Suggs return
    Getting thrashed in Houston
    Four game win streak
    4th and 29
    Three game losing streak
    Cam gets fired
    Broncos beating/Flaccoing
    Winning the division
    Ray's last ride
    Colts come back to town
    Ending the Peyton jinx/the F bomb
    Returning to the scene of the crime/handling the Patriots
    Homecoming for Ed Reed and Jacoby Jones
    Crazy Media Week/Deer Antler Spray/Practice on a college outfield
    OJ Brigance
    Super Bowl - beatdown of Niners/power outage/Niners come back/3rd and 6 inches/Ray's last stand or "Do you remember this guy Jimmy Smith? "
    Epilogue

There aren't just 2 or 3 storylines here, there are over a dozen. Sometimes the truth is better than fiction...