Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Where Does Flacco Rank Amongsts the League's Best QB's?

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    1) Rodgers
    2) Brady
    3) Brees
    4) P. Manning
    5) Roethlisberger
    6) Eli Manning
    7) Flacco
    That's pretty close to me. I could argue for a switching a few around but this is close. I wouldn't put Joe in the top 5, but he's not far away. Joe's won a lot of games in 5 years, but it's not like he carried the team on his back. But he has had some some great games he's shined in. The Ravens win a lot of games because they field a strong team and have won many games despite Joe playing poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Rodgers???
    Rodgers sucks.

Actually, I just forgot about him. I'd put him 2nd and Flacco 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Rodgers sucks.

I figured u forgot him and meant to have him at 1 or 2....

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I know I shouldn't watch ESPN SportsCenter if I want objective reporting on the Ravens, but the only thing they could bring themselves to say about the upcoming Joe Flacco contract.negotiations was how he is going to get a contract worth $20,000,000.00 a year and in the regular season he ranked 25 in the league, between Jake Locker an Michael Vick. What they continue to ignore is the wins and losses for the past 5 years, playoff appearances, playoff wins, and Super Bowl win and MVP. It's frustrating because he has played every game in the past 5 years, Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees, and a lot of other QBs can't say that. I'm just tired of all of the haters, I hope Ray Lewis shuts these morons up when he starts working for ESPN.
    They're also saying he was 25th according to their made-up "Total QBR" statistic, which who the hell knows how the subjective quality of its ranking is actually determined. Flacco had the 12th best traditional quarterback rating in the league, he had one of the lowest INT% ratings as well (top 5), and he won more games than every single player with a lower passer rating than he had, and if you ask me all that makes it mighty damn hard to say that ANY of those players were better than him, and yet ESPN's rating has gone and said that 12 out of 20 of those guys who had a lower rating than him, worse turnover rate, and worse winning percentage, actually had better seasons? Ridiculous.

Actually, if you include post-season statistics then Flacco had a 93.4 QB Rating in 2012, a very good number, and good for 10th best in the league. Last year that would have been 8th in the league, and 2 years ago it would have been 6th. It would have been 10th in 2009 and 7th in 2008. So a rating that high is somewhere in the 6th to 10th best range every season, so I'd call that pretty good. And why shouldn't you include the full body of work into the discussion? Regular season isn't the whole story if you've played in the post-season as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Rodgers sucks.

Personally, I like Rogers better than Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Joe's won a lot of games in 5 years, but it's not like he carried the team on his back.
    Joe totally carried the team on his back this year. Reg season and playoffs both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    That's pretty close to me. I could argue for a switching a few around but this is close. I wouldn't put Joe in the top 5, but he's not far away. Joe's won a lot of games in 5 years, but it's not like he carried the team on his back. But he has had some some great games he's shined in. The Ravens win a lot of games because they field a strong team and have won many games despite Joe playing poorly.
    I dunno, I don't think the Ravens actually win all that often when Flacco has bad games.

NFL doesn't consider a performance eligible for single game records unless they attempt at least 20 passes, so I'll use that as my cut-off. In eligible games where Flacco has had a QB Rating of 70 or less, the Ravens are just 7-16. The Patriots, on the other hand, are 15-15 when Tom Brady has a 70 or less.

The Ravens are just 18-24 when Flacco has a 90 or lower. On the other hand, we're 38-5 when he has a 90.1 or higher.

If you don't want to use the 20-attempt benchmark, then we'll just consider all of the games Flacco has started regardless of how many attempts he has had:

QB Rating <= 90: 22-25
    QB Rating > 90: 41-5

In the 46 games where he has over a 90, and an .891 winning percentage:

891/1358, 11446 Yards, 91 TD, 11 INT = 110.8 QB Rating

We win a lot of games because Flacco plays very well.
    Last edited by callahan09; 02-12-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    While throwing up in my mouth a little, I'm still giving Brady his due respect. He has won a lot more than Rodgers has. I'm not just looking purely at stats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A lot more. Rodgers does more behind a terrible o-line than Brady does with a very very good o-line.

And I also like Big Jen over Brady all things being equal.

If we're talking purely on talent level and not age or talent around them for me it would go.

Rodgers
    Big Jen
    Manning
    Joe
    Brees
    Brady

Blog Entries

I ranked Brady third on body of work, but he really isn't as talented as many make him out to be, IMO he is overrated. He is a winner, and has an amazing football brain and such a high football IQ, he can deliver extremely quick timed passes, and can lead a talented team to multiple wins and play off births. As a pure passer, Brady is just not that great, and it has shown over the years when a good defense has figured him and the Pats system out, just watch the Giants, Ravens, and Jets, and what they did to completely nullify Brady. Brady has never had a poor pass protecting offensive line, those guys do a great jobs scouting linemen.

Rogers on the other hand is incredibly talented, he can make any throw, he's like Flacco (maybe not as strong armed) but more elusive and can evade more sacks, which is why I have him as my number 1 ranked QB.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 02-12-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So...(not counting the Bengas game in week 16...because the starters were pulled)...Flacco dominated the Giants, Colts, Broncos, Patriots, and the 49ers...

5 games, playoffs, tough environments, toughest D's in the NFL...that's not consistent enough? Come on.

Also, I find it kind of funny that some are ranking Eli over Flacco. Flacco is better than Eli. You want to talking about inconsistency...sheesh...look at Eli's season.
    I think Flacco and Eli are a lot alike. They can be a little uneven through the year but have a knack for playing well in post season. As far as rankings, it's just opinion

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I dunno, I don't think the Ravens actually win all that often when Flacco has bad games.
    This year.
    Week 5 = Ravens 9, Chiefs 6
    Week 11= Ravens 13, Steelers 10
    Week 12= Ravens 16, Chargers 13

Winning those games saved the season.

Games we lost Joe had a bad game.

Week 7 = Texans 44, Ravens 13 - the game was never contested.
    Week 13 = Steelers 23, Ravens 20 - that was the home game lose that broke the streak.
    Week 17 = Broncos 34, Ravens 17 - some of those points were garbage time.