Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
Just because he's younger, that doesn't mean he should be ranked higher than others who are still better than him. I'm doing a ranking list based on right NOW. I think if this is the Flacco we're going to be getting for the next few years, he'd probably be higher than Eli and maybe even Peyton and Tom Lady, but I still don't 100 % trust Joe to be that consistent. Right now, Joe is the Eli Manning of the AFC, just the way I see it for now, lets see if he changes that perception (which is barely a bad perception anyway).
No, it doesn't mean that he should be ranked higher. However, there is an element of trends involved in this that a lot of people don't want to factor in.

When you (or anyone) says "Here are the top ranked <insert position here>", then you have to take into account who is trending upwards, who has likely peaked, and who is trending downwards. Prior to Jim Caldwell taking the reigns, many on here thought that Flacco's upward trend had stopped and he had peaked. He was as good as he was going to be. After Caldwell, we clearly saw that Flacco had not peaked and was continuing to trend upwards. Hence, why I think he should be ranked higher than Eli.