Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SuggsKill Guest

Where Does Flacco Rank Amongsts the League's Best QB's?

1. Brady
    2. Manning
    3. Rodgers
    4. Brees
    5. Luck (for next year)
    6. Flacco?

Blog Entries
    The only qb I have in front of flacco is arod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Where Does Flacco Rank Amongsts the League's Best QB's?

Quote Originally Posted by SuggsKill View Post
    1. Brady
    2. Manning
    3. Rodgers
    4. Brees
    5. Luck (for next year)
    6. Flacco?
    If Ben's healthy he has an edge on Flacco (big IF though)

Blog Entries

Circumstantial:

Aaron Rodgers
    Ben Roethlisberger (If healthy)
    Drew Brees (With Coach Payton back)
    Joe Flacco (With Jim Caldwell)
    Eli Manning
    Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning

Without such circumstances.

Rodgers
    Flacco
    Brees
    Manning
    Brady
    Manning (Peyton)
    Roethlisberger

Roethlisberger isn't getting any healthier. Peyton's arm had already failed him in previous playoff appearances, before the injury, in the cold weather. I can't put Brady ahead of Eli and I can't put Peyton ahead of Brady.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

If you factor in age and upside, I put him ahead of everyone but Rodgers. Since Cam has been gone he has looked unbeatable. He may never reach Brady or Peyton in their prime status, but I would take him over the current versions of those guys.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

SuggsKill-
    Almost pointless question unless you define "best".

This type of debate has been done for "elite", not sure how "best" is any "better". ;)

Hard to say right now.

For guys you want to get one or two great years from, he's still behind Brees, Manning and Brady. But you're not taking those three for a five-to-ten year stretch if that's what you want.

He's clearly separated himself from the Cutler, Romo, Stafford, Schaub, Rivers, Dalton crowd.

I put him somewhere among the Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Newton, Ryan group. He's a young guy, may wind up getting better, clearly established as a great QB who you want leading your team for the next several years. I make him out to be a younger Eli Manning.

He's pretty much top ten no matter how you cut the list at this point.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by SuggsKill View Post
    1. Brady
    2. Manning
    3. Rodgers
    4. Brees
    5. Luck (for next year)
    6. Flacco?
    Don't agree with Luck. Let's see how he does next year without Arians. I would probably put Rodgers, Brees and Brady. I think Manning's body is starting to fail him. I think Brady is starting to deteriorate a bit as well. I think the years of abuse on Ben's body are taking it's toll on his body. If you look at stats Joe has been better through their first 5 years. Ben had one great year where he threw for 32 TDs. The big reason why Ben was always considered elite is he would win games and had two Super Bowls.

Through 5 year comparison
    Ben 101 TDs 69 Ints
    Joe 102 TDs 56 Ints

I am using a bit of a double standard in evaluation QBs. I think Flacco has had a ton of potential that has been held back by Cam. I am projecting that Caldwell will do away with the full back and open the offense up more. He will give Joe more easy passes that will allow him to be more consistent. I am guessing that Joe goes for 4k and 30+ TDs this year.

I know I shouldn't watch ESPN SportsCenter if I want objective reporting on the Ravens, but the only thing they could bring themselves to say about the upcoming Joe Flacco contract.negotiations was how he is going to get a contract worth $20,000,000.00 a year and in the regular season he ranked 25 in the league, between Jake Locker an Michael Vick. What they continue to ignore is the wins and losses for the past 5 years, playoff appearances, playoff wins, and Super Bowl win and MVP. It's frustrating because he has played every game in the past 5 years, Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees, and a lot of other QBs can't say that. I'm just tired of all of the haters, I hope Ray Lewis shuts these morons up when he starts working for ESPN.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I know I shouldn't watch ESPN SportsCenter if I want objective reporting on the Ravens, but the only thing they could bring themselves to say about the upcoming Joe Flacco contract.negotiations was how he is going to get a contract worth $20,000,000.00 a year and in the regular season he ranked 25 in the league, between Jake Locker an Michael Vick. What they continue to ignore is the wins and losses for the past 5 years, playoff appearances, playoff wins, and Super Bowl win and MVP. It's frustrating because he has played every game in the past 5 years, Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees, and a lot of other QBs can't say that. I'm just tired of all of the haters, I hope Ray Lewis shuts these morons up when he starts working for ESPN.
    I saw that too. It's the same network that will suck Tebow's nuts for winning a game after throwing 5 passes. They have no objectivity at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    They're also saying he was 25th according to their made-up "Total QBR" statistic, which who the hell knows how the subjective quality of its ranking is actually determined. Flacco had the 12th best traditional quarterback rating in the league, he had one of the lowest INT% ratings as well (top 5), and he won more games than every single player with a lower passer rating than he had, and if you ask me all that makes it mighty damn hard to say that ANY of those players were better than him, and yet ESPN's rating has gone and said that 12 out of 20 of those guys who had a lower rating than him, worse turnover rate, and worse winning percentage, actually had better seasons? Ridiculous.

Actually, if you include post-season statistics then Flacco had a 93.4 QB Rating in 2012, a very good number, and good for 10th best in the league. Last year that would have been 8th in the league, and 2 years ago it would have been 6th. It would have been 10th in 2009 and 7th in 2008. So a rating that high is somewhere in the 6th to 10th best range every season, so I'd call that pretty good. And why shouldn't you include the full body of work into the discussion? Regular season isn't the whole story if you've played in the post-season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    You guys knocking Luck are insane. He had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever. -
    Not that I agree that Luck won't be great, but 1 year ago people said the same thing about Cam Newton and he followed that awesome season up with a pretty mediocre sophomore campaign.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron