Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: The National media is OBSESSED since we won the Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Boomer is loathesome, not only in regards to Ray, but also to the Ravens and Baltimore as a whole, imo! Include Shannon in there as well, for picking against the Ravens in the SB...shame on you! The only guy who picked the Ravens was noneother than Cowher himself - he knows what this team is capable of, and Shannon should've too. But, Boomer, effyou!
    I'm not going to criticize a guy for picking against us, unless they always pick against us. Shannon picks us sometimes, and I loved how he called out Bellicheat after the AFCCG. Ray is going to probably be some kind of analyst next season. Do you think he is going to pick us every week? It would make him look silly if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He's right though about Williams, IMO. Williams should have been ejected and it sets a terrible precedent that he's not getting fined and / or suspended. You simply cannot touch a ref. Period. It's all well and good he didn't know that was a ref he was shoving, but that's a mitigating factor once punishment is handed down.
    That's not what the rule book states.

Section 3 Unsportsmanlike Conduct
    Article 1: Prohibited Acts. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

(g) Unnecessary physical contact with a game official.

Note 1: Under no condition is an official to allow a player to shove, push, or strike him in an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike manner. Any such action must be reported to the Commissioner.

Penalty: (for a through h): Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot or whatever spot the Referee, after consulting with the crew, deems equitable. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic First Down.

Could he have been thrown out? Yes. Is it automatic? No. The penalty is 15 yards. The action has to be reported, but it doesn't say the player has to be ejected. Of course, the shove has to be deemed offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike. I suppose that's up for debate, but this official chose to view it as something other than that, probably due to the context in which it happened. Williams was not arguing a call or going after an official. Should he get a fine? Probably, but that's a different issue than an "automatic ejection".

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That's not what the rule book states.

Section 3 Unsportsmanlike Conduct
    Article 1: Prohibited Acts. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

(g) Unnecessary physical contact with a game official.

Note 1: Under no condition is an official to allow a player to shove, push, or strike him in an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike manner. Any such action must be reported to the Commissioner.

Penalty: (for a through h): Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot or whatever spot the Referee, after consulting with the crew, deems equitable. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic First Down.

Could he have been thrown out? Yes. Is it automatic? No. The penalty is 15 yards. The action has to be reported, but it doesn't say the player has to be ejected. Of course, the shove has to be deemed offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike. I suppose that's up for debate, but this official chose to view it as something other than that, probably due to the context in which it happened. Williams was not arguing a call or going after an official. Should he get a fine? Probably, but that's a different issue than an "automatic ejection".
    This is very interesting. I doubt most of the media has read the rule and is looking at past decisions.

The 'Media Experts' just can't believe they were wrong in their pregame predictions and they still intended to belabor us with how their predictions were actually right if it wasn't for the things that happend in the game.

Sour Grapes, Sour Whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    That's another thing -- Reed was not offside. He timed it absolutely perfectly. There was no hold on the kickoff and the call on 4th and goal was the right call.

The best 49er argument is that Cary Williams should have been ejected. I happen to agree with that and think the game might have been different. But if Williams was to get ejected, there were a couple of 49ers who should have also been ejected and were not.

I think most of the media has sided with us on this ref stuff.

And one last thing on that 4th down play -- the very fact that we are having a debate about this further proves that the ref was right to swallow his whistle. Refs should not unilaterally bail out teams making bad plays with the game on the line with questionable/debatable calls.

Blog Entries

I'm obsessed since the Ravens won the Lombardi.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

They're just pissed because a "Blue Collar" town (Forgive me Capt. Jesus) won a World Championship, same as if Cincinnati would have won. They want the "Coasts" to dominate football & baseball. Eff 'em!
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

My "feedback" to CBS Sports The NFL Today - I delivered it via the internet.

I have heard Boomer Esiason say on several occasions that he would like Ray Lewis to talk about what happened in Atlanta 13 years ago.

Why don't you assign a producer to work with Boomer to review the court transcripts of Ray Lewis' testimony in that trial and have Boomer put together a piece on this topic? I am reading the transcript of Ray Lewis' testimony right now for a second time (the first was 13 years ago when it came out on CNN), and it seems to me Lewis is describing in detail what happened.

And if Boomer does not want to research this story and report on it, then maybe he should just stay quiet when the subject of Lewis is brought up. Either that or say something like, "Ray Lewis testified in court to the entire event in detail, but I am too lazy to read it so I am going to once again ask him to tell everyone - again - what happened."

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    My "feedback" to CBS Sports The NFL Today - I delivered it via the internet.

I have heard Boomer Esiason say on several occasions that he would like Ray Lewis to talk about what happened in Atlanta 13 years ago.

Why don't you assign a producer to work with Boomer to review the court transcripts of Ray Lewis' testimony in that trial and have Boomer put together a piece on this topic? I am reading the transcript of Ray Lewis' testimony right now for a second time (the first was 13 years ago when it came out on CNN), and it seems to me Lewis is describing in detail what happened.

And if Boomer does not want to research this story and report on it, then maybe he should just stay quiet when the subject of Lewis is brought up. Either that or say something like, "Ray Lewis testified in court to the entire event in detail, but I am too lazy to read it so I am going to once again ask him to tell everyone - again - what happened."

Thank you.
    That would require him to take time away from filming meaningless "Top SuperBowl Commercials" specials with Aisha Tyler and actually get his ass to work. Not gonna happen is my guess.

Just curious: Have we ever heard an explanation from the ref that Williams shoved, as to why he didn't throw a flag? I don't remember anyone asking him what his thought process was. Usually, in the heat of the moment like that, if a player shoves a ref that flagrantly, it's almost instinct for him to (rightfully) reach for that flag. This ref did nothing. Anyone ask him why yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    And one last thing on that 4th down play -- the very fact that we are having a debate about this further proves that the ref was right to swallow his whistle. Refs should not unilaterally bail out teams making bad plays with the game on the line with questionable/debatable calls.
    I was watching Sound FX Best of 2012 last night, and near the end they showed the 4th down play from a camera angle I hadn't seen before. The angle was pretty much from behind the QB, directly at Smith & Crabtree. Crabtree pushed off not once, not twice, but three times. It was easily the best angle I've seen on this play, and it left no doubt that if there had to be a flag, it should have been against the offense.

I can't get the the Sound FX page right now, but I'll try to find it tonight. Jim Harbaugh should be duct-taped to a chair and made to watch it until his eyes bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That's why I'm not really sad about Cary leaving. I think he's done a great job in Baltimore and was key to our success, but I won't lose sleep over him signing somewhere else.
    +1... I give him a lot credit for improving from the 1st NE game when he was picked on by Brady and Lloyd. But the huge chip on his shoulder every game got extremely tiresome. He would jaw and scrap with the opposing WR every damn game, and always toed the line of getting a 15yder, which he definitely deserved sometimes.

Maybe its just me, but I absolutely hate the Cortland Finnegan types of players who are dirty and instigate fights. I think Cary has some of that in him. Cary was with the Titans with Cortland, so I think Courtland rubbed off on him (I think Cary said he was buddies with him anyways)