Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: The National media is OBSESSED since we won the Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    King's take yesterday on Flacco is silly. He, like the other members of the football media, need something to write about and players whose contracts are about to expire are their focus right now.
    now now, why would you ever accuse the media of doing such a thing

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Boomer has hated the Ravens since 2000, after the game with the Bengals where we supposedly "ran up" the score against his good friend Bruce Coslet. He went on a massive tirade in the post game show about Billick and the Ravens. Since then he's pretty much hated us and can't let it go.
    Years ago I met two ladies at a party who claimed that they dated him when he played for Maryland. They said he was a prick and a womanizer and couldn't gain an erection. They said that shame haunts him and so he takes it out on the Ravens.

I can't vouch for the validity of the story but they told it to the whole room with straight faces lol.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I wonder if they saw the obvious pass-interference that wasn't called on the guy covering Torrey Smith on the long pass from Flacco in the 1st quarter. The announcers couldn't believe that it wasn't called. If smith wasn't interfered with on that play, it's a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Years ago I met two ladies at a party who claimed that they dated him when he played for Maryland. They said he was a prick and a womanizer and couldn't gain an erection. They said that shame haunts him and so he takes it out on the Ravens.

I can't vouch for the validity of the story but they told it to the whole room with straight faces lol.
    Welp...After reading your post, thus having now read the said story on the internet....It must be true. Right? :p

Quote Originally Posted by working_man View Post
    Clearly, Boomer has an ax to grind with Ray. There was more than one clip this morning taking a shot. Whatever, eff you Boomer.
    Boomer is loathesome, not only in regards to Ray, but also to the Ravens and Baltimore as a whole, imo! Include Shannon in there as well, for picking against the Ravens in the SB...shame on you! The only guy who picked the Ravens was noneother than Cowher himself - he knows what this team is capable of, and Shannon should've too. But, Boomer, effyou!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Its not so much the stories about the Ravens, its the same things being brought out. Flacco's contracts gonna bury them... They should just let another team sign him and take the picks.. If they cut Suggs they can sign Flacco.. and on and on. Even the good stories about players lead to.. that was holding/ pass interference.... Reed was offside... Rays a murderer.... Aren't there other teams with salary issues..???

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I understand this sentiment... But, what if "coming clean" is the same exact story as what we know and heard... and that was the truth. Anyone at this point still question it, will not be happy with ANYTHING other than Ray coming out and saying he did it.

The story will not be dropped because, people don't want an open ended story... people want closure. Black and White. People can't deal with gray areas...
    Agreed.

I think this is pretty much universal - sometimes people in general fear of actually having to think about context & circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Very lazy reporting by King. The quotes he referenced were made in response to releasing older veterans like they did with Heap, Mason, and Gregg a couple years back. They had nothing to do with the Flacco negotiations, a franchise QB in his prime. He's putting 2 & 2 together and getting 10. I emailed him and told him as much. Just terrible reporting, and not up to his usual standards (I generally like reading his work).

As for Boomer, fuck him. The courtroom transcripts are public record. If he has an issue, he should read it (I'd bet he never has) and point out any issues he may have with the testimony. But he won't because he's fucking lazy.
    PRetty much. Heck, even the "great" Deadspin should give it a read too...
    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Oh, P.S.

As for Williams, by all rights he should've been ejected. It would've sucked, and might've cost us the win, but I don't think anyone could argue against it if he had been, let alone penalized. But it is what it is. The refs, to their credit, cut both teams a lot of slack both during and between plays. Probably too much in Cary's case, but it is what it is. FWI, there is precedent, as I believe Cam Newton made contact with a ref this season and wasn't ejected. I think he might've been penalized, though. Either way, I still wouldn't have complained if he'd been tossed, and I definitely think he should've been fined. Terrible precedent by the NFL. I also wasn't thrilled with Williams' post-game comments on it. The quotes I saw were pretty unapologetic. At least Newton apologized to the ref directly during the game, and publicly afterwards, and it seemed like a genuine apology.
    Well that's because Cam is a more standup guy than Cary.

Seeing him in numerous SoundFX and Behind the Benches; jksut seems like a whiny/can't accept the truth type of guy.

Comes to mind when Ray was coaching him on catching the ball or something, and Ray just kept saying; should've caught that; but Cary was getting too worked up trying to defend it/make excuses - and Ray even said; don't get too heated/start yelling.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Its not so much the stories about the Ravens, its the same things being brought out. Flacco's contracts gonna bury them... They should just let another team sign him and take the picks.. If they cut Suggs they can sign Flacco.. and on and on. Even the good stories about players lead to.. that was holding/ pass interference.... Reed was offside... Rays a murderer.... Aren't there other teams with salary issues..???
    That's another thing -- Reed was not offside. He timed it absolutely perfectly. There was no hold on the kickoff and the call on 4th and goal was the right call.

The best 49er argument is that Cary Williams should have been ejected. I happen to agree with that and think the game might have been different. But if Williams was to get ejected, there were a couple of 49ers who should have also been ejected and were not.

I think most of the media has sided with us on this ref stuff.

And one last thing on that 4th down play -- the very fact that we are having a debate about this further proves that the ref was right to swallow his whistle. Refs should not unilaterally bail out teams making bad plays with the game on the line with questionable/debatable calls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Agreed.

I think this is pretty much universal - sometimes people in general fear of actually having to think about context & circumstance.

PRetty much. Heck, even the "great" Deadspin should give it a read too...
    Well that's because Cam is a more standup guy than Cary.

Seeing him in numerous SoundFX and Behind the Benches; jksut seems like a whiny/can't accept the truth type of guy.

Comes to mind when Ray was coaching him on catching the ball or something, and Ray just kept saying; should've caught that; but Cary was getting too worked up trying to defend it/make excuses - and Ray even said; don't get too heated/start yelling.
    That's why I'm not really sad about Cary leaving. I think he's done a great job in Baltimore and was key to our success, but I won't lose sleep over him signing somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Welp...After reading your post, thus having now read the said story on the internet....It must be true. Right? :p
    Yes and I also heard he had a boyfriend who was a French model. He met him on the internet.

"BONJOUR!"
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Okay. Dumb question but exactly where does Peter King MMQ blog reside now? I think cnnsports has changed to the Bleacher report?
    Since they changed, no longer will I read any banks or king articles. Don't miss those guys at all. The media should be obsessed with the Ravens. The Ravens made all the haters look real bad this year. That's the great thing to me, winning the SB proved that the haters know nothing about the real Ravens. Baltimore fans saw what happened to the team and why the losses occured. Out of 6 losses, two were blowouts,3 by 3points or less, and one loss was for sitting the 1st stringers.

Cary should have been ejected, and fined, for what he did. Just like there should have been holding called on the punt play. Unfortunately, these two objectively obvious things lend credence to the whining by 49er fans about the other penalties they wanted called.

Regardless, this is a far, far cry from Pittsburgh being handed the Super Bowl over the Seahawks. They called an illegal block penalty on a guy who was trying to make a tackle, and everyone just shrugged.

The officiating had very little to do with us building a 22 point lead. I think the game was being called fairly for both teams. But those two incidents were obvious misses by the crew. And not fining Cary after the fact is worse than fining him, IMO.