Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The National media is OBSESSED since we won the Lombardi

So... I'm listening to 105.7 this morning and they go to one of Boomer's goofy little clips.. and he's talking about how nice it is that Ray is retiring to spend time watching his son play at Miami. How does Boomer end his clip? By saying, "that's all well and good but Ray still needs to come clean on what happened in Atlanta 13 years ago" WTF!

Then I get to the office and start reading Peter King's MMQB. Pete starts by writing a long diatribe about how he thinks Ozzie and Steve might actually let Flacco go as not to be handcuffed by a monster contract. Then Pete goes off about Cary Williams not being fined or ejected for shoving an official.

As I recall after the Steelers beat Seattle in the game marred by horrible penalties, Pete came out in MMQB the next morning and defended the refs. Funny how it's okay for other teams to get favorable treatment but not us.

Blog Entries

Re: The National media is OBSESSED since we won the Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    So... I'm listening to 105.7 this morning and they go to one of Boomer's goofy little clips.. and he's talking about how nice it is that Ray is retiring to spend time watching his son play at Miami. How does Boomer end his clip? By saying, "that's all well and good but Ray still needs to come clean on what happened in Atlanta 13 years ago" WTF!

Then I get to the office and start reading Peter King's MMQB. Pete starts by writing a long diatribe about how he thinks Ozzie and Steve might actually let Flacco go as not to be handcuffed by a monster contract. Then Pete goes off about Cary Williams not being fined or ejected for shoving an official.

As I recall after the Steelers beat Seattle in the game marred by horrible penalties, Pete came out in MMQB the next morning and defended the refs. Funny how it's okay for other teams to get favorable treatment but not us.
    Peter King actually said the fourth down no call was the right call.

Clearly, Boomer has an ax to grind with Ray. There was more than one clip this morning taking a shot. Whatever, eff you Boomer.
    "Once a Raven, always a Raven" - Q

Quote Originally Posted by working_man View Post
    Clearly, Boomer has an ax to grind with Ray. There was more than one clip this morning taking a shot. Whatever, eff you Boomer.
    Did Ray sack Boomer too hard at some point?

You guys are missing my point. Yes, Cary violated the No Touch rule on officials.

My thread is about the media still complaining 8 days later. It's like this constant drone of nonsense about Cary Williams, holding in the end zone, and Ray must be guilty after all these years..

Blog Entries

My son and I were discussing the fact that every time I turn on ESPN, NFLNetwork, etc. they're talking about the Ravens. Kind of odd...

Most of it's positive, IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

You guys are missing my point. Yes, Cary violated the No Touch rule on officials.

My thread is about the media still complaining 8 days later. It's like this constant drone of nonsense about Cary Williams, holding in the end zone, and Ray must be guilty after all these years..
    I hear ya. It's all the side stories that really don't matter. Some, not all, are talking about things after the whistle that should have happened and not the game...

I here ya'. You know what I noticed though... that the anti Ravens stuff is usually the same ol' shit, but they same ol' people... and they are kind of all going of the deep end and sounding unprofessional at this point. There is some good stuff though. NFL Network guys are usually very good. But I do notice that the Post Superbowl hype has really continued and continued... was it that huge of a game? Or are we just paying attention more because we are Ravens fans? Maybe they talked just as long about the Giants last year... maybe I just turned it off because I didn't care.

And... the media feeds on controversy... The whole Flacco contract is breeding controversy. It's a perfect story creating a superstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Did Ray sack Boomer too hard at some point?
    Boomer has hated the Ravens since 2000, after the game with the Bengals where we supposedly "ran up" the score against his good friend Bruce Coslet. He went on a massive tirade in the post game show about Billick and the Ravens. Since then he's pretty much hated us and can't let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Boomer has hated the Ravens since 2000, after the game with the Bengals where we supposedly "ran up" the score against his good friend Bruce Coslet. He went on a massive tirade in the post game show about Billick and the Ravens. Since then he's pretty much hated us and can't let it go.
    Years ago I met two ladies at a party who claimed that they dated him when he played for Maryland. They said he was a prick and a womanizer and couldn't gain an erection. They said that shame haunts him and so he takes it out on the Ravens.

I can't vouch for the validity of the story but they told it to the whole room with straight faces lol.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by working_man View Post
    Boomer is loathesome, not only in regards to Ray, but also to the Ravens and Baltimore as a whole, imo! Include Shannon in there as well, for picking against the Ravens in the SB...shame on you! The only guy who picked the Ravens was noneother than Cowher himself - he knows what this team is capable of, and Shannon should've too. But, Boomer, effyou!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Boomer is loathesome, not only in regards to Ray, but also to the Ravens and Baltimore as a whole, imo! Include Shannon in there as well, for picking against the Ravens in the SB...shame on you! The only guy who picked the Ravens was noneother than Cowher himself - he knows what this team is capable of, and Shannon should've too. But, Boomer, effyou!
    I'm not going to criticize a guy for picking against us, unless they always pick against us. Shannon picks us sometimes, and I loved how he called out Bellicheat after the AFCCG. Ray is going to probably be some kind of analyst next season. Do you think he is going to pick us every week? It would make him look silly if he did.