Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The National media is OBSESSED since we won the Lombardi

So... I'm listening to 105.7 this morning and they go to one of Boomer's goofy little clips.. and he's talking about how nice it is that Ray is retiring to spend time watching his son play at Miami. How does Boomer end his clip? By saying, "that's all well and good but Ray still needs to come clean on what happened in Atlanta 13 years ago" WTF!

Then I get to the office and start reading Peter King's MMQB. Pete starts by writing a long diatribe about how he thinks Ozzie and Steve might actually let Flacco go as not to be handcuffed by a monster contract. Then Pete goes off about Cary Williams not being fined or ejected for shoving an official.

As I recall after the Steelers beat Seattle in the game marred by horrible penalties, Pete came out in MMQB the next morning and defended the refs. Funny how it's okay for other teams to get favorable treatment but not us.

Blog Entries

Re: The National media is OBSESSED since we won the Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    So... I'm listening to 105.7 this morning and they go to one of Boomer's goofy little clips.. and he's talking about how nice it is that Ray is retiring to spend time watching his son play at Miami. How does Boomer end his clip? By saying, "that's all well and good but Ray still needs to come clean on what happened in Atlanta 13 years ago" WTF!

Then I get to the office and start reading Peter King's MMQB. Pete starts by writing a long diatribe about how he thinks Ozzie and Steve might actually let Flacco go as not to be handcuffed by a monster contract. Then Pete goes off about Cary Williams not being fined or ejected for shoving an official.

As I recall after the Steelers beat Seattle in the game marred by horrible penalties, Pete came out in MMQB the next morning and defended the refs. Funny how it's okay for other teams to get favorable treatment but not us.
    Peter King actually said the fourth down no call was the right call.

King's take yesterday on Flacco is silly. He, like the other members of the football media, need something to write about and players whose contracts are about to expire are their focus right now.

He's right though about Williams, IMO. Williams should have been ejected and it sets a terrible precedent that he's not getting fined and / or suspended. You simply cannot touch a ref. Period. It's all well and good he didn't know that was a ref he was shoving, but that's a mitigating factor once punishment is handed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    .... How does Boomer end his clip? By saying, "that's all well and good but Ray still needs to come clean on what happened in Atlanta 13 years ago" WTF!
    I understand this sentiment... But, what if "coming clean" is the same exact story as what we know and heard... and that was the truth. Anyone at this point still question it, will not be happy with ANYTHING other than Ray coming out and saying he did it.

The story will not be dropped because, people don't want an open ended story... people want closure. Black and White. People can't deal with gray areas...

Blog Entries

The NFL didn't feel that way. They didn't even fine Cary.

Blog Entries

I think Williams should have been fined, regardless of if it was intentional or not. But at the time I agreed he should not have been ejected. You could see he just got up and turned around and pushed who was in front of him, he did not intend to push a Ref.

Clearly, Boomer has an ax to grind with Ray. There was more than one clip this morning taking a shot. Whatever, eff you Boomer.
    "Once a Raven, always a Raven" - Q

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think Williams should have been fined, regardless of if it was intentional or not. But at the time I agreed he should not have been ejected. You could see he just got up and turned around and pushed who was in front of him, he did not intend to push a Ref.
    I would have hated to see him ejected and I would have been furious... But I think Williams should have been ejected and fined. It doesn't matter that he thought the ref was a player or his intent... He made contact with a ref. I don't know what exactly constitutes "ejectionable" contact... but flat out laying an official on his ass is ejectionable in my rule book... lol. But, I'm glad it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by working_man View Post
    Clearly, Boomer has an ax to grind with Ray. There was more than one clip this morning taking a shot. Whatever, eff you Boomer.
    Did Ray sack Boomer too hard at some point?

I think a lot of the people who have a problem with Ray and the Atlanta murders are the same people that have no problem with Trevyon Martin being killed. Last time I checked the guys what were killed outside the club weren't exactly upstanding citizens. Goes to show the hypocrisy of a lot of people in this country.

You guys are missing my point. Yes, Cary violated the No Touch rule on officials.

My thread is about the media still complaining 8 days later. It's like this constant drone of nonsense about Cary Williams, holding in the end zone, and Ray must be guilty after all these years..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I would have hated to see him ejected and I would have been furious... But I think Williams should have been ejected and fined. It doesn't matter that he thought the ref was a player or his intent... He made contact with a ref. I don't know what exactly constitutes "ejectionable" contact... but flat out laying an official on his ass is ejectionable in my rule book... lol. But, I'm glad it didn't happen.
    Not to debate semantics but the ref didn't go on his ass. Ngata pulled Bohger out of that pile. He touched an official too, intentionally I might add.