Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

That's fine, however, the last time I looked games are 60 minutes long and it would be very nice if he would expend the same level of effort for longer than the last 3 minutes of the game. That is NOT going to cut it all season.

By the same token, Tex, McNair has committed some glaring errors already this season ( overthrowing, underthrowing receivers, dumb interceptions) and they are totally ignored simply because we have won games primarily due to our defense. Boller made the same type of mistakes and was crucified and the games he did win were almost always credited to the defense. As I said in another thread, it is simply not possible to have a rational discussion of quarterbacks. And before I'm hit with the usual "Boller Hugger" tag ~ forget it ~ never was and never will be.
    McNair's problems have not been ignored, but McNair still is new to this Offense, and weither you guys believe it or not when you play with one team for 11 years the transition is tough.

Boller has had 3 years, and believe it or not McNair is almost in a rookie type situation here, its the same game but different verbage, plays, routes, timing. The game can speed up when you are unsure of what to do at times. I never expected McNair to be totally comfortable until late in the year.

You can say that I am making up excuses for McNair, Blah, Blah!! but Boller has had more than enough time to make his transition. Maybe Boller will benefit from sitting, Maybe not.

McNair has had 4 months, Boller 3 years. It doesn't matter if the player is a rookie or 20 year vet, transitions take time. Alot of vet QB's like Bledsoe, Trent Green and Brad Johnson made quick transitions on other teams because they came to a system that they already played in and knew inside and out, and McNair did not. If you do the same thing for so long, its becomes hard to do something different.

You can have a rational discussion here, but don't expect everyone to agree with you.
    Last edited by Heap86; 10-03-2006 at 07:01 PM.

That's fine, however, the last time I looked games are 60 minutes long and it would be very nice if he would expend the same level of effort for longer than the last 3 minutes of the game. That is NOT going to cut it all season.
    Yes it would. It would be nice not sitting in the 4th quarter behind in the score yelling to the field, "A field goal isn't going to cut it this week!!". Imagine what's going to happen if the offense plays this poorly in the beginning and middle of the game and Denver somehow gets a 2 touchdown lead on us.

Steve McNair is the first Baltimore Ravens quarterback who invokes a tremendous feeling of hope.

As I tell anyone who will listen, you will never meet a Ravens fan that was happy to see Trent Dilfer get released.

A great question that was posed to me at the game..."would you prefer a Peyton Manning led offense that can't win a super bowl; or a Dilfer-like offense that eekes out a win?"

Obviously, I will take a Super Bowl championship always over a regular season stud that chokes under pressure.

This team will go as far as Steve stays healthy. Clearly reminicent of the Shannon Sharpe vs. JAX game years ago.

Go RAVENS!

Posters act like he couldn't do anything correctly and focus on his mistakes.
    This is the problem I have with all the moaning. We're 4-0 and so many "fans give the obligatory " It's great to be 4-0 BUT... Then they launch into a two paragraph dissecting the negative. How about dissecting the positive aspects of the game. I'll give you a few. Mac launched three absolute bombs. No question he can get the ball downfield. One of those bombs found Derrick Mason in stride. He couldn't make the catch. If he led Mason by another 6 inches at the 7, he would have cruised in. If Wilcox had just gone down with the ball, (By the way, I think his wrist was hurt on the play) we surely could have pushed it in.

Just two plays and we'd have won 29 -13 and McNair would have added another 60 yards and at least one TD to his totals.

How about this, We've had relatively few sacks this year. In this game, McNair and his line were very much in sync.

There's just as equal chance that our offense could actually improve significantly to its chance to tank.

That is a great take. I'll also emphasize the point that the O'line provided great pass protection in the final minutes. Of course the naysayers will say that SD "Martyballed it" and perhaps they are correct.

Nevertheless Steve had time to get the ball where it needed to be. 86 did the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabruise View Post
    This is the problem I have with all the moaning. We're 4-0 and so many "fans give the obligatory " It's great to be 4-0 BUT... Then they launch into a two paragraph dissecting the negative. How about dissecting the positive aspects of the game. I'll give you a few. Mac launched three absolute bombs. No question he can get the ball downfield. One of those bombs found Derrick Mason in stride. He couldn't make the catch. If he led Mason by another 6 inches at the 7, he would have cruised in. If Wilcox had just gone down with the ball, (By the way, I think his wrist was hurt on the play) we surely could have pushed it in.

Just two plays and we'd have won 29 -13 and McNair would have added another 60 yards and at least one TD to his totals.

How about this, We've had relatively few sacks this year. In this game, McNair and his line were very much in sync.

There's just as equal chance that our offense could actually improve significantly to its chance to tank.
    As bad as the offense looked again I did see some encouraging signs like the things you wrote. I think the next 4 games will be a better barometer for how good (or bad) this team can be this year.

FHRaven

This is the problem I have with all the moaning. We're 4-0 and so many "fans give the obligatory " It's great to be 4-0 BUT... Then they launch into a two paragraph dissecting the negative. How about dissecting the positive aspects of the game
    I agree 100%, Its starting to make reading this board somewhat of a downer.

Its seems like some of these guys just want to nitpick McNair to justify the bashing of Boller in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    So, if I understand you right you are not happy unless the Ravens clobber every opponent something like 34-0 and McNair tosses three TD passes and Jamall runs for 130 yards? Gimme a break please. You are worrying about nothing.
    Where did I say anything about him needing to score 34 points, if I recall correctly it was McNair himself who was throwing around specific numbers of points his offense would score, all I'm saying is playing for the last three minutes of a game is not going to cut it for any length of time. I would like to see him show a similar level of competance throughout the game and not just the last two or three minutes. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    If he maintained a rating of 113 throughout the whole game he would be the greatest QB in NFL history. Not asking for much are you?
    AZ said a "similar level of competence," he didn't insist on a 113 rating. It's okay to play reasonably well before the two minute warning. I believe that was the point he was making.

I'm truely enjoying reading this. I'm waiting for someone to jump in and say they've been watching football for 50 years. That would make this thread just dandy. :)

I wanna "bitch and moan" about country singers. What-in-hell do they have to do withh pro football anyway?

Hank Williams Jr. - A no-talent hack that must have slept with an ABC executive.

Johhny Cash - A deadbeat.

Tex Ritter - Got lucky with "High Noon" and never rever got caught caressing John, prior to "Threes company".

The only thing more annoying than country music is that verbal excretia called rap.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM