Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

I still love ya' AZ.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    Well, I guess the honeymoon is over on this site ~ to bad it couldn't have lasted at least til midseason. It was nice while it lasted.:(
    Don't give up so quick, AZ. This is just a little spat. It'll blow over, just like the time your girl friend found out that you were. . . okay, that's a bad example, but. . . never mind.

The root of the problem as I see it is this.

People who defend McNair see to automatically be labeld as the "Everything is great because we are 4-0" fan.

And the people who are disappointed with his play and say it are labeled as the "We're not gonna give any credit to McNair because we spent alot of money and should be getting better results" fan.

And of course Kyle Boller gets thrown into the mix to add to the fire.

This offense MUST get better. Yes, the numbers aren't there and the play has been sloppy. But the pocket presence and poise is there with McNair. That's undeniable IMO. You can read the quotes and listen to the players. They don't panic because he doesn't. And THAT is the single most important thing that McNair has brought.

Seems to me that there is no gray area here. No constructive talk. Just alot of bickering about a player who isn't starting. Some believe that we would be in the same position with him as we are with McNair. I disagree. And again, it's not about the numbers to me.

Many here said that we wouldn't beat a quality team after the first 3 games. Well, we just did.

PP

4. Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

Yea- Just a spat. I don't want to ignore anyone unless buck pops back up.
    Remember- These QB wars go back to '98 when we started. The Mods here know someone threatened to drive to my house and beat me cause I thought Tony Banks sucked.

And remember- I've done my share of bitching and moaning about our offense. But I blame BB and not many people really want to do that. So I've caught my share of flak.

As for the current state of affairs- The offense has been same ole so on that we agree. Where we differ is the QB. I believe he has made us better while another group think we could be doing the same thing with the other guy. The bigger issue for me on this thread was enjoying the comeback win, and trying to quash the old vs new web site insults (and the 'go post somewhere else') type comments.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I still love ya' AZ.
    Aw shucks, Darb, I had no idea... I'm overwhelmed but I love ya too, big guy..

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    Yea- Just a spat. I don't want to ignore anyone unless buck pops back up.

About that. Is there a limit as to how many people you can put on the ignore list?

Not that there are that many on mine, but out of curiosity.:)
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Don't give up so quick, AZ. This is just a little spat. It'll blow over, just like the time your girl friend found out that you were. . . okay, that's a bad example, but. . . never mind.
    I hear what you're saying High, but as you can see things don't really ever blow over. Grudges that started at YBR have already wormed their way into the phsyce of this site. It's probably only a matter of time until this place implodes the same way YBR did. I guess the reality is that football is just to volitle a subject to ever allow for civilized discussions for any lenght of time.

4-0 is great. But I'll give the credit to where it is due: the Defense. Without it, we might be 1-3.

OK, to be fair: let's make it "the Defense plus 6 minutes of Offense".

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    4-0 is great. But I'll give the credit to where it is due: the Defense. Without it, we might be 1-3.

OK, to be fair: let's make it "the Defense plus 6 minutes of Offense".

What ever it takes to do the job. 4-0 Yeah Baby

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

No, the difference is we're 4-0 and not 2-2, with 2 of those wins coming in a fashion previously unattainable under you know who.
    Again, that is just not true. Boller has had a few come from behind wins in the last few minutes of games. This is why so many of those who are "huggers" stick up for Boller. I guess I fit that mold though I think McNair's calmness does certainly help in these spots. But Boller gets a bad rap. Posters act like he couldn't do anything correctly and focus on his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I think your last statement is only partially true. I agree that posters focus on Boller's mistakes but credit was given to him as well whenever he did anything correctly.
    oldfan, I mean Tex, I disagree -- I think Greg is absolutely right. Boller has not been stellar but he does get a bad rap. The tripping, mentioned in another thread, is a perfect example. Whenever Boller fell down last season, fans killed him, but McNair has done the same thing three or four times this season (including preseason) but no one mentions it.

BTW, are you a fan of Tex Ritter? Yes, I know who he is.

By the same token, Tex, McNair has committed some glaring errors already this season ( overthrowing, underthrowing receivers, dumb interceptions) and they are totally ignored simply because we have won games primarily due to our defense. Boller made the same type of mistakes and was crucified and the games he did win were almost always credited to the defense. As I said in another thread, it is simply not possible to have a rational discussion of quarterbacks. And before I'm hit with the usual "Boller Hugger" tag ~ forget it ~ never was and never will be.