Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

People certainly have the right to complain, analyze and critique, we are the guys paying the bills. Personally though, I don't understand it after a win ---That was the lone goal going into the game!! And we've achieved it 4 out of 4 times.

People have different priorities, over and above winning, it's painfully obvious. They're stat crazy. I swear, if we go on to win the Super Bowl, some of you will still be moaning....yeah but Jamal didn't have enough yards...McNair threw a pick...we lost the coin flip.

To each his own but one thing is for certain, you can't do better than a win.
    Last edited by larrylater; 10-02-2006 at 02:43 PM.

2. Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

<<< At the risk of sounding like a Nazi: please take comments like those to another board! We don't come here for lectures from other posters about perceived attitudes.

Yet there are 2 posters continually bashing McNair and when called out,they whine about YBR.But you agree with them,so I don't see you telling them to dial it back a notch.

Thank god the people that do this for a living know what the heck they are talking about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

3. Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

I have to agree with BertJonesMyHero. Anytime someone say something some poster don't like they bring up YBR and I haven't seen a mod step up to quash that yet

[
    Yet there are 2 posters continually bashing McNair and when called out,they whine about YBR.But you agree with them,so I don't see you telling them to dial it back a notch.
    Maybe if those people weren't "called out" in the first place they wouldn't bring up YBR. Maybe it's just me, but I thought this wasn't a place to get "called out".

If I were one of those 2 people, I'd actually be a little pissed about that. Come to think of it, if I were one of those two people I'd be very inclined to back off posting here since some mods think it's perfectly ok to be "called out" over a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    [IYet there are 2 posters continually bashing McNair and when called out,they whine about YBR.But you agree with them,so I don't see you telling them to dial it back a notch.
    Seriously, I don't even understand this comment. Someone "bashes" McNair, gets "called out" (?), and whines about YBR? I guess there's a thread that ties these three events together, but I confess it's not obvious to me.

6. Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

But just one example.

<<< I don't know why you keep trying to reply to me. Now back to people who don't reek of YBR attitude......

Person who wrote this is doing the exact thing he complained about on YBR- Then has to nerve to call someone else out for 'YBR attitude'.

Then you have a Mod admonishing a poster for merely mentioning how negative the message boards are in general by saying "At the risk of sounding like a Nazi: please take comments like those to another board! We don't come here for lectures from other posters about perceived attitudes." while he continually allows other board 'type' comments about perceived attitudes from the above alluded to 2 posters. Even mentioning he will sound like a Nazi.

Can't figure out the correlation, I don't know what to tell you.
    All this because their sweet baby of a QB turned out to be a bust, they are going to complain incessantly to return the favor. When challenged on the subject, they label the dissenting opinion/poster as someone with 'YBR attitude'. Anyone with an once of football acumen can see we have issues on offense. And it won't change until we have a new coach. Anyone with an once of football acumen can also see McNair is about 80 times better then anything we have had under center. This comment will get blasted, but without #9 we are 2-2.

The thread title was about 'bitching and moaning'. As evidenced by the thread, the thread starter made a pretty good observation IMO. As did the poster who was told to take his opinion to another board.

PS- Don't we have a special forum for fans to continue their QB complaining. I'm pretty sure it is at the top of the page though I could be wrong.

7. Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

PS- I actually respect all the posters who are arguing on this thread. They all know their X's and O's. My disagreement pertain only to this one thread and the repeated references to other boards in our debates.

All this because their sweet baby of a QB turned out to be a bust, they are going to complain incessantly to return the favor. When challenged on the subject, they label the dissenting opinion/poster as someone with 'YBR attitude'.
    Okay, I get it, but I don't agree. I don't know, maybe there are one or two people that do that, but I haven't noticed it, not on a regular basis, anyway. I have read honest criticisms of McNair and the passing game in general, but I certainly haven't seen anyone assign insulting nicknames to McNair or completely throw him down a flight of stairs. I think the negative comments are just part of a reasonably intelligent discussion about our favorite team.

As far as the references to YBR, I agree with you, let's stop that. I've been told by one poster to take my act back to YBR, as if I deserved to be sent to one of the seven circles of Hell, and I didn't think I did anything to earn such a comment. Let's stop these references to YBR.

9. Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    As far as the references to YBR, I agree with you, let's stop that. I've been told by one poster to take my act back to YBR, as if I deserved to be sent to one of the seven circles of Hell, and I didn't think I did anything to earn such a comment.
    I woulda stuck up for you also had I seen that. It isn't really about YBR or 24/7. It's a veiled insult in the QB wars. Going both ways.

Person who wrote this is doing the exact thing he complained about on YBR- Then has to nerve to call someone else out for 'YBR attitude'.
    Ok Bert. Let's get this out in the open then. "Person" was me. I said that. And I said that for exactly the reason I wrote it. I came over here and stopped posting at YBR because at least for the first week or two those that came here were interested in actually discussing football and not "calling out" people as you've called it. For example, I put Heap86 on my ignore list for exactly that reason. I don't need someone telling me what my opinion should be, nor attacking ME for MY opinion. Or putting in the little "McNair bashers in 3...2...1" one-liners that made YBR the great forum it is. You can't deny Bert that things like that, and discussions that turned that way were precisely the reason a forum like this found traction. So my comment you quoted not only was sincere, it was accurate.

But "All this because their sweet baby of a QB turned out to be a bust" also says a lot. You accused T of being lenient on certain people because he agreed with them. It sounds like the sort of the same thing.

Let me be utterly clear on this. I didn't come over here for people to get all pissy with me because I don't agree with them, or go with the flow. And I haven't conciously attacked anyone for disagreeing with me. And yet it's already happening to me because *GASP*, I don't share the grand illusion that everything in Ravensland is awesome, even at 4-0.

Here's a thought. You don't like my opinions, simply put me on your ignore list, it's the easiest thing to do. I'll only put you on my list if you attack me, not for your opinion. But by all means, if you don't want to hear my "bitchin'", then put me on your list. Bottom line, right?

Otherwise discuss the football aspect with me, and leave all the personal shit where it belongs........over on.......errrr..........over there. (General statement, not specific to you Bert)

It isn't really about YBR or 24/7. It's a veiled insult in the QB wars. Going both ways.
    You're probably right, and frankly I'm sick of the QB war. I'm fine with talking about how McNair is doing, just like any other player, but why do people keep bringing up Boller? Enough already -- he is NOT coming into a game unless McNair is hurt or it's a blowout. It really shouldn't even be a topic.

Well, I guess the honeymoon is over on this site ~ to bad it couldn't have lasted at least til midseason. It was nice while it lasted.:(